Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Are you ready to buy 17" Ptype replicas ASAP in the $2600-$3000 range?

Time to VOTE! Coddington 17" p-type replica's

248K views 740 replies 155 participants last post by  Supradavis 
#1 ·
Please vote ASAP if you are serious about buying these wheels.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to buy an incredible set of custom, almost one off wheels for our cars. Plug and play proven offsets...no rubbing issues. They WILL clear the JDK BBK front and rear.

Info here: http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=56248

Summary:
Stepped lip only
17x8
17x9.5
17x11

>>>They do not offer a 17x8.5

Offset: From -12mm to +25mm and anywhere in between.

They will come in a polished finish. Anodizing or powdercoating would be ~$100 more a wheel.

Price: ~ $2600 a set. Firm prices to come this week. I will confirm pricing for machined face, silver painted windows and cleared centers Mon/Tues.

Basic rendering (final copy may vary...and will be posted here once its available)

Also, we need to confirm center cap options. That is up in the air at this point.

Please vote if you are 100000% serious about buying a set. Meaning, ready to buy as soon as these are available (next few weeks). I know the price is not 100% firm yet...but bet on $2600-3000.

I need to send a $500 deposit to finalize the design process, and I'd like to split that total between everyone interested. Again, HUGE thanks to Mike and Austin.

See less See more
#5 ·
I voted option 1: asap but I can wait too. I'm impartial, but if money is needed asap I have it ready to go. For me the sooner the better as if I'm 100% sure this is going through I can sell the Braids.

BTW...i've always wondered what's the point of voting no. If you're NOT voting yes doesn't that mean you're not interested :).

#7 · (Edited)
I had to vote No because of a distinct lack of funds. Being out of work sucks. Fiscal responsibility says I can't throw these on a credit card. But, hopefully we'll both be working again next month and then we can start saving for a set of wheels!

I am definitely interested at some point, if I can make the funds available.

#8 ·
Man this is just the situation I hate to be in...
I want them so bad, but don't have the cash on hand.
If only I had a credit card with a larger limit, I could pay them off very quickly.

If they do happen to be delayed, and I can come up with the cash, I will jump on these!

#10 ·
Dang! Who ever did that rendering is a bad-ass! :p

Hot dog! I have alot of money in my account, but tuition hikes and school are bringing my expendable cash flow to questionalble levels..

It is fantastic to see this getting done so fast, but also a bummer in that myself and others need more time to pile up funds for these. I voted yes with extension, as I still think I can mangage this if there is tuition reinburstment money left over, and I can sell my motorcycle and a few other things this summer...

Thanks for the hard work guys! It is amazing to see this moving forward everytime I log on to the forum!

-Mike

#13 ·
I'm very interested if they're going to be available down the track, like in about 6-9 months, or is there only going to be one run on them?

I'd need them shipped to Australia so it's going to cost me a fair bit more.
But..... they do make putting a BBK on very easy and any other wheel I get will end up costing the same anyway.

I love the look of the original wheels so I really hope they'll still be available for us under funded people at another time. I'm sure I'm not the only one .:sadsmilie

#14 ·
I'm interested and have money to spend. Only main question I have on the wheels is.. Are the bolts for an actual 2 piece? or is it form over function. Looks good though can't knock a p-type wheel :)

#15 ·
I am in for a set. Can get now but voted for more time. Always good for more time to save.

The thing I have is that I am not that good at figuring out offset. Looking for something that will be good for an 86 P-Type. I want an offset that will be good on front and back so the tires can be rotated and use a spacer to push the backs out to have them fill the wheel well.

And I am not sure how to look for tire selection. Don't mind the cash for the rims but don't want a $900 tire bill every couple of years.

#20 ·
them wheels are awesome!!! if i havnt already bought my rota's i would deffenetly be in on it!!!

#22 ·
I'm not interested in the wheels, but would be very interested in a set of center caps if those pictured were to be ones that are the final design. I love the look of the dragon being on the center caps instead of Toyota.

#23 ·
Just a thought , but I think centre caps would look great with SUPRA on 'em instead of TOYOTA.:thumbsup:

#24 ·
I voted for the more time option AND agree with gteduck that center caps with 'SUPRA' would look great

#25 ·
Mike;

I'm just curious here: what is the reason for trying to get this done so fast (2-3 weeks). Financially speaking I don't personally care how fast this gets done as I have the funds; but we've been waiting years for this to get done so why rush it now? I would also imagine putting a "rush order" on this increases the price too wouldn't it?

#27 ·
Peeps, just to pipe in about the center caps.

The design I created above is not an ideal provision. The big thing with aftermarket companies making wheels is that they usually want to create a more universal centercap mount, so that their design can be employed into it. Creating those centercaps would be a big $$$ endevour, as they would have to be cnc'd from billet, and could dramatically increase the price of the wheels. It would be difficult to create a mount style that could accept both stock and universal aftermarked styles. When a final design comes out, I would have no problem trying to design a more retro stockish style center cap to mount to whatever style Coddington goes with, but this would have to be done by some other company and most likely require a large first run.

-Mike

#31 ·
I've always loved the p type wheels which is why they are on my car. never wanted any aftermarket, BUT these I really want, but I dont have $2600 to toss out the window :sadsmilie its not f-ing fair

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.