ma67lovers's 7m-gte build **56k Death**

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member ma67 lover's Avatar

ma67lovers's 7m-gte build **56k Death**

So short story of my car i bought it when i was 17 painted it for my senior project in high school and i blew the motor a month after i finished painting it so I decided to go big power with an NA 5m build haha then i really thought about that and decided 5m wasnt going to go much of anywhere, after deciding that and fully rebuilding it my friend gave me a 7m that was "seized" so I tore that down and started rebuilding that here and when i was doing that i had that motor almost fully rebuilt i had all the machine work done and what not and i spun a bolt on the connecting rod and after i did that i was so furious i went on the internet and bought a 7mgte from badboysupra and put it on my credit card that same night. that took for ever to get to me so during that i was buying suspension parts like crazy and got most of my suspension done. now its time for pictures!!!
    my car when i first got it

car after paint job

you can see the flakes of gold! lol and heres the build for my paint

thats the 7m that i got for free
    Clutch was pretty rusted it sat out for quite a while

wiring harness was also chopped on my first 7m and i soldiered over half of it

spent like 300$ in machine work to a motor i still have sittin in my garage to this day haha

with arp's

that looked like crap and wasnt cuttin it for me so i cut it!

puke in my mouth

then i screwed up my 7mge and started on my 7mgte, converted it to front sump first

had to plug the old hole so i used a sr20det flywheel bolt with some epoxy haah

then something really random i found out is that 82 and 83 supra's have different plugs for their alternators so i had to buy and convert my plug to a later model which is lame as hell!
    82 supra alt plug
    83 up plug

decided to put a new timing belt on my 7mgte and found out that the back of the timing gear was sheared off and was just tearing away at the belt

so i had to get a new timing gear to fix that dumb problem so while i was putting all that stuff in i decided to put my fidanze adj cam gears in since my belt was off anyways. i bought them for my 7mge swap because i wanted to cam the hell out of it haha

rrfpr sort mocked up. dont know if the hood is gonna interfere. Any other suggestions of where i would mount it that would look decent?

fuel pump installed with relay kit installed also used a 240sx steering rack bushing to hold the pump in because the stock one was way fatter than the walbro.

reducer for my fuel pump to work

you can see the new wired from the relay kit

not sure where will look good to mount it yet but there is my fuel pump relay kit and i do need to clean it back there bad :P

and oil filter relocation kit installed and ss turbo lines XD

some other things i have done lately was get my valve covers and intake manifold powder coated removed and blocked off the whole egr system with driftmotions egr block off kit, bought a new master and slave cly and installed a ss clutch line also, i bought and installed ss turbo lines, bought and installed a heat shielding intakemanifold gasket. I will post more pictures of this when photobucket gets ready for me to upload all these pictures and more motor shots and what not im really close to finishing the only things i need to finish right now is to have my wiring converted and for parts to get here that i ordered from 935 motorsports awhile back and my ecu and ic from a fellow member here and that should be here on thursday according to fedex!
    ~William Macy~
    82' fresh paint 7mgte
    What am I doing Hidden Content
    What kind of oil should Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

motor when i first got it on the pallet

heres the egr block off i got from driftmotion

heat shielding intake manifold gasket

before powdercoating manifold

after powdercoated mani

theres a better picture of the ss oil lines for my turbo from driftmotion also

i bought new front balljoints also when i was bored haha

clutchmasters 6 puck

and arp flywheel bolts

i bought addaco sway bars a while back in the group buy and heres a comparison from stock to addaco

so much fatter than stock!

took off the fuel dampener by the motor mount and got a block off plate from drift motion

a little problem with the stock suspension

budget coilover kit compared to stock springs

little bit of rust :/

we ittle bit of anti rust spraypaint

and new wheel bearings in the front. preventative maintenance lol
    ~William Macy~
    82' fresh paint 7mgte

CelicaSupra.com Member Linchmob's Avatar
    coming along nicely man. it's good to go through all the old stuff and put on nice fresh new stuff
    1985 Supra P Type w/ 7mgte -SOLD
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S---> SOLD
    1987 Toyota celica ST SOLD
    Current- 1985 Toyota Celica GT-S
    Bikeless sadly...for now

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

yeah if only my dash didnt look like guatemala right now bahahahha
    ~William Macy~
    82' fresh paint 7mgte

so my afm, ic piping, yellow plug ecu, and bov came in the mail today everythings coming together nicely and hoping to be runnin in the next month or so. will install ic and post pictures hopefully by sunday!
    ~William Macy~
    82' fresh paint 7mgte

CelicaSupra.com Member moonpie33's Avatar
    a 3 year long project in the making!
    arnt you glad i convinced you to take on this project
    1985 supra 66,000 miles 7mge, to many mods to list
    FOR SALE

yep thanks clint XD
    ~William Macy~
    82' fresh paint 7mgte

ok so i have been looking all over the internet for the last couple days for a picture of a stock 7m intercooler piping and how its routed. does anyone have fairly descriptive pictures of how its routed to help me put mine in.
    ~William Macy~
    82' fresh paint 7mgte

Thumbs up

So I have been a little lazy when it comes to updating my build so why not throw some extra goodies and pictures in here from what I have been doing

Got my valve covers all powder coated a while back and got new gaskets and grommets for her and also new bolts because the oem screws piss me off!

Also got a screaming deal on an amazing divorced down pipe because the wideband bung was welded in the wrong place for most people but works out just fine for me

Bought a freaking huge intercooler and a nice alum radiator with a shroud and 2 electric fans, next is to cleanly (key word cleanly) wire in a relay for this because toggle switches are for noobs

I fixed my broken fuel line that was pouring all over!

I got all new injector seals because prior to first start was just pissing all over the freaking place also!

new oem O2 sensor so computer will be happy at me

A little dusty but a pic of my powercoated valve covers

Sexyness on a shaft! untill i put my other crank pully on this rusty basterd will be on there to help me set timing!

Going up on the lift to put the exhaust on! sorry was trying to take a picture with it on and dropped and broke my camera haha so no installation pictures! but was the last 3in piping kit from raptor racing and i love it!

Bought a new aem wideband and going to install her this week

So right now Im just waiting for a couple other random misc things to top off my supra! bad stuff that has happened lately..... so found out that when i put a bolt back in the rear bracket for the caliper it was the wrong one and was too long and cut a nice slice into my brand new rotor yeah was nice to figure that out. This week I hopefully will fab up some mounts for my radiator and route my intercooler piping and throw some tranny fluid in her and take her for the first drive! so here is how she sits right now all sad and alone at my shop

and heres an old video just for shits and giggles

parts keep coming and coming and coming

and cats keep attacking!
    ~William Macy~
    82' fresh paint 7mgte

CelicaSupra.com Member supra_07's Avatar
    i swear we have the same white cat hahahaha. nice man!!!!
    Black 82 p-type. 6mge. too many mods to list..
    Old cars never die, they just get faster Hidden Content
    when others zig, zag.

Thread Information