What am I doing Hidden Content
    What kind of oil should Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Are you running a power steering pump?

CelicaSupra.com Member ma67 lover's Avatar
    No I'm not, I was going to but my rack was leaking and I looked into it and my pressure line into my rack was all stripped out so till I find a new rack no power steering. It really isnt that bad because I have the steering arms from the group buy so it does help a lot!
    ~William Macy~
    82' fresh paint 7mgte

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

So just took my baby on a 180 mile venture north to a lake house for a little party yesterday and she did awesome! Longest drive I have taken her on since the motor swap and not one issue at all! Well except my turbo is still shit haha. Im going to rebuild it with my next paycheck and I will post pictures of all that fun stuff! More pictures to come soon after editing
    ~William Macy~
    82' fresh paint 7mgte

Havent updated this in a while because of sad panda status :/ I blew my motor a couple months back on my lunch break, threw a rod bearing. It was a used motor so you can only be so mad. I am getting a new block on wednesday (1-2-13) and I will post more of an update then with all my plans and how awesome the 2013 race season is going to be!
    ~William Macy~
    82' fresh paint 7mgte

Finally got my new block crank and pistons for only $200 from a local friend! I dropped it off at the machine shop to have the crank measured for new bearings, cyl walls honed, mag'ing the block to check for cracks, decking the head mounting surface for mhg, and finally hot tanked to make her all pretty for when I paint it!

probably going to be a couple hundred but totally worth it! I want her to be able to boost hard all summer without blinking an eye. My car I am about to take the head off and drop it off to have the head machined flat too, leak test the valves, and check guide clearance.

After all this she shall be pretty amazing!
    ~William Macy~
    82' fresh paint 7mgte

Sooooooooo yeah block I bought for 200$ was completely fucked more or less. Thrust bearings fell out and tore hella into the crank and crank would need to be welded. Called the guy back and told him what happened and he felt bad because he said it came out of a running car but he had another block and gave it to me. Had no ridges where the pistons stop and it all seemed good and tight Dropped it off at the machine shop again to be inspected, hot tanked, and honed. Hopefully this one does better and can get my whip back on the road soon!
    ~William Macy~
    82' fresh paint 7mgte

also the first time in 5 years my car doesnt have a garage =( sad day, had about 6" of fresh snow on it today but still had to work on her.

Got alot done today in the snow haha, you can see my huge glass of water in the snow in the first picture too keeping it cold :P but got the turbo off, whole intake manifold, belts, alternator, cam gears, and cams out. The literally last thing to do is take off my head but my arp hardware is a 14mm 12pt and I need a 3/8 drive because the 1/2 drive is too fat to fit in my head. So tomorrow going to by that stinking socket I lost.

Oh and heres my strut bar I bought from the group buy whoop whoop!
    ~William Macy~
    82' fresh paint 7mgte

such a sad day

So took my head off today to take to the machine shop to be milled down for my MHG and found this Could be from when I overheated my car and might be bad injectors. I am going to send my injectors off to witch hunter performance and check flow and patterns just to ensure they will not run lean at all. It did hit the head just a little bit but mostly in the clench ears so it might be fine. Will post more pictures tomorrow of the head and see what the machine shop says tomorrow!
    Last edited by ma67 lover; 02-11-2013 at 01:27 AM. Reason: new link code
    ~William Macy~
    82' fresh paint 7mgte

started doing a full bay clean up on another thread but I will post it here just cause I can

Here is a link to the other thread HERE

So have finally started doing work, moving into my new house was quite a pain because we had to clean everything because it was horrid and still had lead paint on the walls lol but progress has started!! Now its photo time!!!

Well heres what im starting with for my bay. I melted the piston in my first cyl so my other block is being machined at the machine shop currently but kinda to give ya a idea of what im working with.

Heres the reason also im going through my whole harness and replacing plugs and broken wires. Guessing this didnt help my cars ecu read whats going on very well haha. Will be perfect soon!

So I ripped the 7m-gte harness out and started tearing off the purple electrical tape, for some reason I was like woooo colors! Changed my mind about that lol

for sure a lot of work ahead of me!

you can kinda see how much tape I used when I last rapped it haha I think it was about 4 rolls of tape. Looks much bettter black I decided!

I cleaned out my whole car and started digging into this before I went to work so all the update I have today for you guys, more to come very soon though!!
    ~William Macy~
    82' fresh paint 7mgte

Thread Information