Rusty's Nerd-Core Thread Index - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Added Texalium composite stuff to the list.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member '82supra's Avatar
    Your contribution to the MkII community is simply Supra!!
    Hidden Content
    Terracotta Warrior
    aka Hidden Content

y isnt this a sticky??? its worthy and hows the 3d airflow model extracting doin

Quote Originally Posted by 311 fan View Post
    y isnt this a sticky??? its worthy and hows the 3d airflow model extracting doin
    Nope, no luck yet. Still need to buy the Forza 2, and see if it's possible. As for 3d model creation, I did get my green laser when I was home. Have an idea that involves mounting a turntable to the minute hand on a clock so we'd end up with at least 6* accuracy, if not something more like .1* accuracy (3600 individual slices of the car; 60s x 60m).

But then there's the headache of being able to actually do something with the model. I've got SolidWorks but not sure if I can import the model generated from DAVID 3D.

Have I mentioned I'm in love....

QTP 3" Electric Exhaust Cutout.... w/ watertight connectors & switch... $159.99

QTP 3" Cutout Stainless $45.13

Turbo Tech - by Garrett (formerly Garrett Air Research, currently owned by Honeywell)

I have to hand it to these guys, a VERY VERY thorough and informative grouping of pages that begins at the new-to-turbo level and goes all the way up to sizing a turbo to match your application/engine, proper IC (Inter-Cooler) selection, proper air filter sizing and so on, the articles go from basic to extremely technical as you progress, VERY VERY informative.

Also a wonderful page on deciphering their (Garrett) Turbo Nomenclature (Understanding what does GT2860RS mean exactly)

MAFT-PRO File Mirror by TurboNinjas.com - A VERY complete mirror hosting pretty much all the files you would ever need for tuning the MAFT-PRO, including updates, how-to's, diagrams, and reference manuals/files etc. I used to use this about every other week, till I just copied it all to my laptop

Engine Oil by AE Haas - Supramania - Keep reading, and keep reading, there are about a dozen articles that will take you a few hours to read through, however by the end of it you will come out with a much better understanding of proper oil selection, and exactly WTF 10W-30 means, and the differences between Mineral and Synthetic oils and the benefits of Synthetics. VERY Informative, starts with the basics, and is very easy to understand, Only the last 2 or so articles get really technical, also has some GREAT information on oil comparison data. READ IT.

DrivingFast.net - Driving Techniques and Car Control - Read about the fundamentals of car control and various techniques. Notice I didn't say LEARN, you have to learn behind the wheel, here you can read about them, VERY informative, learn to become more steady and smooth behind the wheel. Stop being a limp noodle behind the wheel, make your car do what you want, and become faster and more fluid.
    Last edited by kmfdmk; 07-24-2010 at 04:05 PM. Reason: fixed some bolding shit

Subscribed...thanks Rusty..I dont care what they say...youre a good man!

BTW..that turbo ninjas website belongs to my friend James...he's a hell of a good guy too.

'83 P-Type 2JZ "Wicked Felina"
    668whp/627wtq@27psi on E85
    483whp/442wtq@13psi on E85

Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member Dagolith's Avatar
    sticky the shit out of this
    Celica "it's not a fucking delorean goddammit" Supra

Mike CarFreek's 7MGTE COP (Coil On Plug) Setup - Details what you need to get started in the right direction for configuring INDIVIDUAL COP's, utilizing OEM Toyota Parts, in a Waste Spark configuration. Running 2+ years!! This is NOT the BS 3-coil IS300/2JZ Waste Spark wanna-be COP setup, real deal, but unfortunately not Sequential

Head Porting & Polishing (P&P) Basics - This is a brief look at 5M, 7M, & 2JZ Head intake and exhaust flow rates. It discusses why the 7M doesn't flow as well as a stock 2JZ head, and how to fix that. Also covers some IMPORTANT basics about what to polish, what to port, and what not to mess with.
    Last edited by kmfdmk; 09-14-2010 at 09:58 PM. Reason: because I want to edit as much as I can while I can..............................

CelicaSupra.com Member CarFreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kmfdmk View Post
    [B][SIZE="3"] but unfortunately not Sequential .
    Think that may be next project. Sequential on stock ECU, with properly matched COPs. Wow, I made the "NCI".
    86 SDR-"Shuttlecraft" 16" Drag dr-27 wheels, Coilover/AGX/Celica Arms front, Camber Mod/Cut Springs rear, Poly Bushings all around, Whiteline sway bars, 13" bbk front, and 12" bbk rear, Weir Diff bushing, Pacesetter with custom RABID CHIMP mandrel bent 2.5 with Flowmaster resonator, short shifter, 5m-GZE using upgraded sc-14 Toyota supercharger, with Custom RABID CHIMP piping..

Thread Information