Rusty's Nerd-Core Thread Index - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Hell yes. I would really love to have a nice milspec connector at the firewall, glad to see someone else interested in it.
    I'm not sure if I'm missing out on the potential sarcasm, but I honestly don't give two shits about MilSpec connectors. The only thing they have going for them is the QC of materials and craftsmanship. Nothing that a couldn't really be done with a Weatherpack firewall plug/bulkhead fitting and utilizing the service loops, kapton tape (for potential rewire/repair) and silicone or some fancy stiff set rubber (even FIPG'd work).

What I do care about is the optimization and reduction of interference, adding extra wires for sheilding, contra-rotating wraps, and clean, simple, efficient wiring that looks sexy and is a breeze to remove (if a HUGE PITA to split apart to repair).

Quote Originally Posted by guido View Post
    Any news on aero mods for the mk2?
    None yet, however I DID manage to find a decently hi res 3D model of a MKII Supra, and I'm looking to get solidworks so I can do more CFD. Currently eyeballs deep in wiring my MegaSquirt.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Nope no sarcasm, i just really dig the milspec firewall plugs. You can get em fairly cheap if you get em at surplus auctions. If you've got info on weatherpack firewall plugs those would be fine by me too. I've just seen flush mounted milspecs connectors on firewalls in person and been impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Nope no sarcasm, i just really dig the milspec firewall plugs. You can get em fairly cheap if you get em at surplus auctions. If you've got info on weatherpack firewall plugs those would be fine by me too. I've just seen flush mounted milspecs connectors on firewalls in person and been impressed.
    https://www.diyautotune.com/product/...connector-kit/

Wow that looks very nice for the price. A little adhesive lined heat shrink over the connector and it should be fairly waterproof.

The Deutsch ones look pretty rad too.
    https://www.wirecare.com/deutsch-ass...l&series=hdp20

When I worked at Hughes and Boeing we used Deutsch connectors on some projects.

They weren't plastic connectors, though.....
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

Thread Information