Results 1 to 10 of 29
06-30-2010, 10:27 PM #1
For sale: 7MGTE engine swap package
Here's your chance to pickup a great running 7MGTE motor that is ready to drop into your MKII. Many new parts with the top end under 200 miles old and bottom end around 30k miles old! I bought this car from a fellow cs.com member last year (http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=39746) which lists all the engine specs at that time of the sale. I've put less than 1,000 miles on the car since I bought it before I started a 2JZ swap. Here are some details and specs:
* 1988 7MGTE Engine; ran stock boost
* 1988 MK3 7MGTE ECU (stock) included
* Engine wire harness (plus ignitor, resistor pack, etc.) included
* I have a spare 7MGTE engine harness I'll throw in too! (missing 2 plugs)
* 7M transmission bell housing included for your w58 trans
* 31K miles old: Rebuilt bottom end – all new OEM Toyota lower end bearings – new OEM Toyota rings.
* Re-manufactured Head from Clearwater Cylinder heads with new HKS 1.2mm Metal Head gasket and ARP studs/fasteners. Under 200 miles driven with this new head! (The old head had a burnt valve but I just swapped the entire head)
* New Toyota seals, gaskets for engine assembly
* 31K miles old: OEM Toyota oil pump with 5mge pick up tube
* 31K miles old: OEM Toyota 7MGE clutch, pressure plate and T/O bearing
* 31K miles old: OEM Toyota Clutch fan for radiator
* Under 200 miles old: OEM Toyota Water pump
* Under 200 miles old: Autolite copper spark plugs
* Under 200 miles old: Bosch bypass valve
* Brand new 7M OEM Toyota fuel filter
* Includes Stock MK3 Front Mount Intercooler and all piping
* Oil Filter relocation kit (one of the hose fittings leaks)
* Oil cooler from MK3
* K&N cone filter for stock AFM
* Turbo is in great shape, zero shaft play, run only on stock boost
* Engine runs great; no smoke, no leaks--everything runs tip top!
* Engine mounts already on the motor so it's ready to drop into your MKII!
All this engine needs is a fan blade, heater hose for the back of the head as I used for my 2J swap, and the AC compressor wheel squeaks so the bearings might be shot . The clutch was slipping before I pulled the motor so you will need a new clutch and resurfaced (or new) flywheel before bolting up your trans.
I REALLY prefer local pickup so hopefully someone in the North East is looking for a GREAT 7M swap package that is ready to go! I wanted to give the CS.com community a chance to buy first as I'll be posting to Craigslist in a couple weeks. Need to move this out of my garage so I'm willing to let it all go for $1500. Pickup only. If I get no takers here or on Craigslist after a few weeks, I may consider shipping. Here are some pics:
Make your 4th of July holiday a bang with this 7M! Shoot me a PM if you'd like any additional pics or information.
Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
06-30-2010, 10:32 PM #2
Is this a plug in play harness? Why the hell does all this stuff pop up after I drop money on a rebuild....David H
85 P, LS6/R154 swap
06-30-2010, 10:36 PM #3
The engine harness has the OEM MKIII plugs so you would need to source the female ends to mate up in the dash to make it 'plug and play'...
06-30-2010, 10:44 PM #4
Good to know. Still an awesome deal IMO.David H
85 P, LS6/R154 swap
06-30-2010, 10:45 PM #5
06-30-2010, 10:53 PM #6
Good deal but what the hell's up with everyone installing their bosch bpv's on backwards? Thats 2 in the last week I noticed.Mark K. -'83 Supra (Carmen) -'87T Supra (Cailin) -'91 Accord (wtf)
06-30-2010, 10:54 PM #7
If I was closer and had a way to get it from your place to mine (ie anything but a supra) I would be all over it!! sad I cant get it :-('85 Supra - Homemade carbon-fiber headlight covers, homemade twin 10" sub enclosure in place of back seats, lots of blue under the hood, Rabid Chimp 2.5" exhaust mated to a custom muffler, 16's, lowered front end, T3 camber plates....7M-GE(T) on the stand, in progress!!
Never ending project
07-03-2010, 05:33 PM #8
Hey man ill buy i it n ill be able to pick it up just let me kno.
07-03-2010, 11:36 PM #9
Oleanderbliss--got your PM and responded...
07-10-2010, 03:43 AM #10
did this sell? Please update!This message will self destruct
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)