Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

For sale: 7MGTE engine swap package

26K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  Whitey482 
#1 ·
Here's your chance to pickup a great running 7MGTE motor that is ready to drop into your MKII. Many new parts with the top end under 200 miles old and bottom end around 30k miles old! I bought this car from a fellow cs.com member last year (http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=39746) which lists all the engine specs at that time of the sale. I've put less than 1,000 miles on the car since I bought it before I started a 2JZ swap. Here are some details and specs:

* 1988 7MGTE Engine; ran stock boost
* 1988 MK3 7MGTE ECU (stock) included
* Engine wire harness (plus ignitor, resistor pack, etc.) included
* I have a spare 7MGTE engine harness I'll throw in too! (missing 2 plugs)
* 7M transmission bell housing included for your w58 trans
* 31K miles old: Rebuilt bottom end – all new OEM Toyota lower end bearings – new OEM Toyota rings.
* Re-manufactured Head from Clearwater Cylinder heads with new HKS 1.2mm Metal Head gasket and ARP studs/fasteners. Under 200 miles driven with this new head! (The old head had a burnt valve but I just swapped the entire head)
* New Toyota seals, gaskets for engine assembly
* 31K miles old: OEM Toyota oil pump with 5mge pick up tube
* 31K miles old: OEM Toyota 7MGE clutch, pressure plate and T/O bearing
* 31K miles old: OEM Toyota Clutch fan for radiator
* Under 200 miles old: OEM Toyota Water pump
* Under 200 miles old: Autolite copper spark plugs
* Under 200 miles old: Bosch bypass valve
* Brand new 7M OEM Toyota fuel filter
* Includes Stock MK3 Front Mount Intercooler and all piping
* Oil Filter relocation kit (one of the hose fittings leaks)
* Oil cooler from MK3
* K&N cone filter for stock AFM
* Turbo is in great shape, zero shaft play, run only on stock boost
* Engine runs great; no smoke, no leaks--everything runs tip top!
* Engine mounts already on the motor so it's ready to drop into your MKII!

All this engine needs is a fan blade, heater hose for the back of the head as I used for my 2J swap, and the AC compressor wheel squeaks so the bearings might be shot . The clutch was slipping before I pulled the motor so you will need a new clutch and resurfaced (or new) flywheel before bolting up your trans.

I REALLY prefer local pickup so hopefully someone in the North East is looking for a GREAT 7M swap package that is ready to go! I wanted to give the CS.com community a chance to buy first as I'll be posting to Craigslist in a couple weeks. Need to move this out of my garage so I'm willing to let it all go for $1500. Pickup only. If I get no takers here or on Craigslist after a few weeks, I may consider shipping. Here are some pics:

Make your 4th of July :salute: holiday a bang with this 7M! Shoot me a PM if you'd like any additional pics or information.

-Dan

See less See more
#30 ·
Here's your chance to pickup a great running 7MGTE motor that is ready to drop into your MKII. Many new parts with the top end under 200 miles old and bottom end around 30k miles old! I bought this car from a fellow cs.com member last year (1985 Silver 7MGTE MK2 in AZ -Price Reduced!) which lists all the engine specs at that time of the sale. I've put less than 1,000 miles on the car since I bought it before I started a 2JZ swap. Here are some details and specs:

• 1988 7MGTE Engine; ran stock boost
  • 1988 MK3 7MGTE ECU (stock) included
  • Engine wire harness (plus ignitor, resistor pack, etc.) included
  • I have a spare 7MGTE engine harness I'll throw in too! (missing 2 plugs)
  • 7M transmission bell housing included for your w58 trans
  • 31K miles old: Rebuilt bottom end – all new OEM Toyota lower end bearings – new OEM Toyota rings.
  • Re-manufactured Head from Clearwater Cylinder heads with new HKS 1.2mm Metal Head gasket and ARP studs/fasteners. Under 200 miles driven with this new head! (The old head had a burnt valve but I just swapped the entire head)
  • New Toyota seals, gaskets for engine assembly
  • 31K miles old: OEM Toyota oil pump with 5mge pick up tube
  • 31K miles old: OEM Toyota 7MGE clutch, pressure plate and T/O bearing
  • 31K miles old: OEM Toyota Clutch fan for radiator
  • Under 200 miles old: OEM Toyota Water pump
  • Under 200 miles old: Autolite copper spark plugs
  • Under 200 miles old: Bosch bypass valve
  • Brand new 7M OEM Toyota fuel filter
  • Includes Stock MK3 Front Mount Intercooler and all piping
  • Oil Filter relocation kit (one of the hose fittings leaks)
  • Oil cooler from MK3
  • K&N cone filter for stock AFM
  • Turbo is in great shape, zero shaft play, run only on stock boost
  • Engine runs great; no smoke, no leaks--everything runs tip top!
  • Engine mounts already on the motor so it's ready to drop into your MKII!

All this engine needs is a fan blade, heater hose for the back of the head as I used for my 2J swap, and the AC compressor wheel squeaks so the bearings might be shot . The clutch was slipping before I pulled the motor so you will need a new clutch and resurfaced (or new) flywheel before bolting up your trans.

I REALLY prefer local pickup so hopefully someone in the North East is looking for a GREAT 7M swap package that is ready to go! I wanted to give the CS.com community a chance to buy first as I'll be posting to Craigslist in a couple weeks. Need to move this out of my garage so I'm willing to let it all go for $1500. Pickup only. If I get no takers here or on Craigslist after a few weeks, I may consider shipping. Here are some pics:

Make your 4th of July :salute: holiday a bang with this 7M! Shoot me a PM if you'd like any additional pics or information.

-Dan
If I buy this 7m, then I will sell you my 5mge cheaper than you could rebuild it. $200, runs great and I'm only one state away, I also have another 5mge right now that has low oil pressure issues (no rod knocks though) that need figured out, $100 and its yours. Sorry, not hijacking this thread, just giving silverspoon a little guidance!
Hey sorry to come late to the party I just joined this year. I have had a 85 5mge since 07 and I've been pouring my soul into a restore but hit a wall with most parts. Desperately need a donor motor to get it going again are you still by chance in possession of one of those motors you mentioned. Again sorry it's late

#31 ·
I would post a thread in the WANTED section of the forum for what you need. That way your request is in the right place and not in a dead thread.

Reactions: Davesspeed88
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.