!!!!!LAPPING!!!!! Toronto Supra Club Annual Meet !!!!LAPPING!!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member Tire Shredder's Avatar

!!!!!LAPPING!!!!! Toronto Supra Club Annual Meet !!!!LAPPING!!!!

TSC Lapping 2010

Hi Everyone,

This thread is being posted to accompany the thread related to the 15th annual toronto supra club meet august 20th to 22nd. Please see the thread posted here: http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/sh...t-August-20-22
    It will be updated shortly with a more accurate itinerary. When the directions are complete, it will also be uploaded in that thread...in addition to our usual handouts at the meet!

we'll keep this thread about lapping only!! all other things can be discussed in the other thread

In the interest of having fun, we have decided to have a lapping event at our meet this year.

Why you ask? Because going fast is fun.

Where
    Shannonville motorosports
    Park Old Highway 2
    Shannonville, ON K0K 3A0

Fabi Track - 2.23km

When
    Saturday, August 20th 5:30pm-8:00pm (dusk)

We will arrive at the track for 2:30 (again, see other thread) to host the activities listed below:

The Toronto Supra club has rented the track for this time. not with another group, Just us! 12 cars will be allowed on the track at one time. basically, we can drive out brains out for 2.5hrs!

This day will consist of a breakfast meeting and cruise out to Shannonville. We''l have our show and shine there, at the track and enjoy some reasonably priced BBQ food. Our ever growing raffle will be hosted at the track as well, then we'll drive fast, legally.

Sign Me up!

********All participants must Pre-Pay************

Toronto Supra Club Member: $50

Non Supra Club Member: $80

Memberships can be purchased for $40.

As usual membership includes a T-shirt ($15 value), pays for the show and shine trophies, maintains the website and allows us to front the money for events like this!

Food can be purchased at the track, for $2 each, $1 for drinks. bring some change with you if possible.

Payment

Please Send Payments via PAYPAL ONLY to: paypal@torontosupraclub.com
    In addition, send a private message to me with your Full Name.

Lapping List
    1. Steven Trepanier..............Member + Lapping
    2. Jamie Timbers..................Member + Lapping
    etc.
    etc.

I'm excited!! are you??
    Black 7M-GE 84 P-type Hardtop

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member MrTechNIC's Avatar
    I'm in!!!
    as for being a member, I recall paying that 40$ last meet...is it a annual fee? never asked so now I do!

member or not +lapping

any specific safety equipment required for this? helmet, pants...?
    Moved on to other suff.

CelicaSupra.com Member 82MKIILtype's Avatar
    This is awsome Steve. I'd completely given up on the TSC meet this year as my Supra has long ago BHG and rod knocked to death ... currently parked under a tree.

Shannonville is soooo much closer I'd show up in the Maxima just to take photo's of you guys on the track.

Any max/min limit on number of cars lapping?
    It's morons with big ideas, bigger mouths, and smaller brains than their testicles that I have a problem with.

Having big balls is fine ... but you had better have the gray matter to back it up!

CelicaSupra.com Member sickntwstdtoy's Avatar
    Damn Steve rub it in that I cant come to toronto.....lapping with ya'll would be a blast

DEFEND AND KNOW YOUR RIGHTS www.opencarry.org
    Russ

A huge supra meet / trackday?!

Please do this annually...

--billyM
    Blue 82 L - Black 83 P - White 83 P - Brown 84 T - White 85 P
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    "ShiftGasm" Shift-Bushing Kits $35 shipped to your door!
    2014 "Tail of the Dragon" Meet, April25-26th!

Quote Originally Posted by MrTechNIC View Post
    I'm in!!!
    as for being a member, I recall paying that 40$ last meet...is it a annual fee? never asked so now I do!

member or not +lapping

any specific safety equipment required for this? helmet, pants...?
    Hey Nic, This is what I want to hear! We take membership on an annual basis. For easy of collection, nearly everybody pays at the annual meet. so yes, you fees are due again anybody can pay their membership in person at the meet. However, for simplcity sake I ask that everybody that is attending lapping to pay their membership at the same time as their track fees

Safety Equipment

Legally speaking, there is no special safety equipment required. I won't force anybody to wear pants as it's pretty hot and humid lately! I STRONGLY recommend everybody wear a helmet. I haven't discussed this with the club yet, but if it were my event solely, it would be mandatory. A good friend of mine recently rolled his SRT-4 while lapping. To say a helmet is unecessary is foolish! I have to wear a SNELL M200 or SA2000 helmet when I autocross, and I consider this much more dangerous than autocrossing. I don't care if you have an old SNELL M1990 (horribly out dated now) you should have SOMETHING on your head when you are driving at the track.

So please, for god's sake people bring a helmet or two of some description.

Nic, Please send payment to the paypal address listed in the first post, and send me a PM with your full name and e-mail address so I can cross reference.

Send payment to the e-mail listed above via
    Quote Originally Posted by 82MKIILtype View Post
    This is awsome Steve. I'd completely given up on the TSC meet this year as my Supra has long ago BHG and rod knocked to death ... currently parked under a tree.

Shannonville is soooo much closer I'd show up in the Maxima just to take photo's of you guys on the track.

Any max/min limit on number of cars lapping?
    you should come! race the maxima!

Currently we have no cap on the number of cars, as we are only advertising to the supra guys...those that will be attending the meet. We booked this time ourselves so we have our close-knit family together, people we know on a first name basis driving around with us...not the drift crew from Scarborough. Last year we had a notice of only a couple days and scraped together 8 people to lap, We hope to see a few more than that...I'm going to guess we'll get 15 people this year.

We are legally limited to 12 cars on the track at one time. Run groups will be split up into appropriate numbers. I'd like to see groups of 5-10 cars in 15 minute sessions. This means We'll probably have am minimum of 2 groups and maximum of 3. These details remain to be determined until we see how many are attending!

Quote Originally Posted by sickntwstdtoy View Post
    Damn Steve rub it in that I cant come to toronto.....lapping with ya'll would be a blast
    yeah that's right, gonna be awesome. wish you were coming, man. we could get all hopped up on mountain dew and get rod knock together.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyM View Post
    A huge supra meet / trackday?!

Please do this annually...

--billyM
    High chance of that billy. We always have awesome 3 day supra meets with around 70 cars. This is our first forray into (potentially) annual lapping experience aswell.

I am cross-posting questions I have answered on other forums here, as others may have similar questions.

Session Length

As long as we want. I would like 15 minute sessions, but am open to suggestions. We can do what we like!

Flaggers
    - Flags are provided by shannonville
    - Fabi Track is open and flat. Visibility is good and corner men are not legally required. However, I would like to use volunteers to be placed at two positions on the track:
    1) pit entrance and exit. This can alternate between a couple people. I can do this, and need at least one other person per session to share this duty. Will direct cars when to enter the track and come into the pit.
    2) Turn 7-8 blindspot cover with radio for pit entrance/exit.

I would greatly appreciate any help from people regarding this.

Gasoline

The closest place with 94 octane is Sunoco in Belleville. it's address is 432 DUNDAS ST E. Dundas is actually highway 2, which is the same road Shannonville Motorsports Park is on. From the track, Sunoco is 10-15 minutes westward on highway 2. We will plan our cruise route to hit this gas station on the way to the track so everybody can fill up.

Unfortunately, getting gas during racing will easily waste a half hour of our track time, so it may not be a bad idea to bring a jerry can with you.

directions here: http://maps.google.ca/maps?oe=utf-8&...HpqgzATVyfCSAQ

For the others that don't require 94 octane, the closest place to get gas is the nearest exit off the 401, I believe exit 544, Mitchell Rd.

Delete
    Last edited by Tire Shredder; 07-23-2010 at 04:46 PM.

List Update

1. Steven Trepanier..............Member + Lapping
    2. Jamie Timbers..................Member + Lapping
    3. Amelie Martel................... Lapping - payment received
    4. Ron Cuffy........................Member + Lapping - payment received

Quote Originally Posted by sickntwstdtoy View Post
    Russ...this sucks to hear you're not making it. Sorry I haven't been able to reply to the email you sent; I haven't had a whole of PC time while on Vacation .

Steve...absofrek'nlutely AMAZING work. Thanks for putting this all together, hopefully we can continue this trend and have this every meet from now on.

Count me in; not sure which car I'll have but either way I'm not passing this up...I'll pay up when I get off vacation....you know I'm good for it .

Thread Information