7mgte JDM M1 connector
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

7mgte JDM M1 connector

I have a JDM harness and I'm looking to convert the M1 plug to a US supra.The plug has 22 pins. Does anyone have or know how to order a JDM TEWD? I'm looking for any information on this plug, I've checked all the US TEWD's and it isn't used in any of the US supras. Thanks in advance.

Blue 1984 Supra <---- Transportation
    Black 1985 Supra <---- Project

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member OkieRA29's Avatar
    Welcome to my world!!! I have an 89-90 JDM harness as well. I so far have ended up using a USDM EWD to try and figure it out. I am guessing that or rather praying that the wire colors are the same for JDM as USDM. It helped that mine came out of an already swapped car. If you get a hold of a JDM EWD that is in english, let me know. I will do the same for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Talksoup View Post
    So before someone lights you up like neon under a honda civic,do some research
    76 RA29 20R cam and weber
    85 Celica GT 300K and counting
    85 MX72 parts hauler

Sure thing I found your thread too. I'm using a digital multimeter to try and identify which plugs go where. I'll post up what I find.

Yeah, luckily, mine is going into a Cressida so I don't need everything hooked up. I would like everything hooked up though. I will try to get some pics of where I believe that the wires go and we can compare notes. I too am planning on double checking with a multi meter. I do know that there are some wires that are not used in the conversion. I believe that there is an Oil Level sender that is not needed for the USDM harness and a few others. My problem is with the wire colors. On the wiring diagrams some wires are listed as just 'Yellow' and all I can find is yellow with brown vertical stripes. I am guessing that the brown vertical stripes relate to whether the wire goes to the ECU first or is join with others of the same color. Sort of a 'Yellow wire sub set 1' type of notation system. I will continue to plug along with my EWDs and mutlimeter and see where that gets me.
    85 MX72 parts hauler

Here's where the M1 plug that was previously in my car goes to. That's from an 87 TSRM:

This is what I am using to figure out my wiring colors. It is for a GTE swap into a 5M equipped cressida, but the pinouts for both the 86-88 and 89-91 are there. May help you a bit.

http://members.shaw.ca/boltz/7MGTE-S...TE,%205MGE.htm

It shows the pinouts for the B1, M1 and a couple of others. Should help a bit as it is for 7MGTE only. Like I said before, big thing is figuring out if the wiring colors stayed the same JDM to USDM
    85 MX72 parts hauler

Thanks man, that helps out big time. I was wondering about that number 5 pin on the M1. Turbo pressure sensor, that makes sense that my N/A didn't have that before.

I had a jdm harness 87-88 and ended up buying a us harness from the junk yard. I repaired it what ever had to be repaired with the jdm harness (connectors and pins). Plus the jdm harness is too short anyway. Dont see why anyone would want that harness. I know for a fact that the jdm harness plugged right into the us ecu. As far as if it works...no clue. I didn't get that far before i replaced it with the us harness

I'm going to extend it with the fields harness. I want to wire in Maf-t pro and some other things so that extension harness is a good idea anyways.

Hey, I this morning, I went through my harness, notes and markings with a multimeter. First thing, I only had two wires mixed up and they were not that bad. Just the switched 12V wire and the back up lights positive lead. Other than that, it would appear that the wire colors do not differ between the JDM and the USDM harness. That pinout I posted should be good to get you to where you want to be. I did have to change out some of the wire ends as the size and style of the wire ends(little metal thingies) do change depending on which connector they are coming from and going to.
    85 MX72 parts hauler

Thread Information