1985 P-type 6mge rebuild/mods - Page 3
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    awesome work man cant wait to see more progress and i know how much it hurts to smash your hand off the motor. been there done that like a million times hahaha. hope your having fun, and keep taking lots of pictures its awesome!
    Black 82 p-type. 6mge. too many mods to list..
    Old cars never die, they just get faster
    when others zig, zag.

Oh thats lame you should have a helper when doing that fun stuff. Seems like the engine is good under there tho good luck with the rest of the build keep up the progress and moar pictures!
    1983 Celica Supra old 5m-ge swap with 84 +10hp
    5-Speed swapped in from auto.
    Two-tone interior terracotta with oem black
    1996 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0L 4x4 3" lift 2-door

There is no oil pan gasket on 85 and up Supra engines, it is factory silicone. With the cam tower gaskets, be sure to get the METAL ones, or they will leak again. I think felpro actually made those gaskets correctly? Anyway, hope that helps. Be careful, and try to look where your hands are going to go if a tool slips, so you can prepare with gloves, padding, or a better tool.

Dan (DragonLady's husband) *RIP Tyler (2yo son lost to cancer)
    1986 P-type (Ruffian) black 6M 5 speed (formerly Lexusboy's), sitting.
    1986 P type MKII 2tone night blue met/silver met. 5MGE auto, waiting for summer.
    2005 Dodge Magnum Magnesium Pearl - new family car!
    2000 Chrysler Town & Country - Charcoal, family/stuff hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Road Ripper View Post
    There is no oil pan gasket on 85 and up Supra engines, it is factory silicone. With the cam tower gaskets, be sure to get the METAL ones, or they will leak again. I think felpro actually made those gaskets correctly? Anyway, hope that helps. Be careful, and try to look where your hands are going to go if a tool slips, so you can prepare with gloves, padding, or a better tool.
    Thanks for the tip. Just kinda through me off at first. I'll probably contact George @ raptorracing to see if he can find me some. He's been a great help so far.

Quote Originally Posted by supra_07 View Post
    awesome work man cant wait to see more progress and i know how much it hurts to smash your hand off the motor. been there done that like a million times hahaha. hope your having fun, and keep taking lots of pictures its awesome!
    Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by dave_rulez View Post
    Oh thats lame you should have a helper when doing that fun stuff. Seems like the engine is good under there tho good luck with the rest of the build keep up the progress and moar pictures!
    I had two, lol. I was on one motor mount, friend on the other mount, one on the lift. One mount would come loose, other would hang up, so lots of wiggling/screw driver then WHAM. not much I could do.

Oh ya....
    Spun rod bearing on #3 cylinder. Others seem to be in decent shape.
    Pics in a little bit.

Well today was really a cleaning day, but I did find my bottom end problem.

Started off with then engine bay, then other pieces.

Dirty

Clean(ish)

Transmission mounting brackets

More wire wheeled stuff that will be painted. PS pump reservoir and the inside of the rear upper timing cover are soaking in simple green

Spun rod bearing. Found on #3 cylinder

Going to get brake cleaner tomorrow for more cleaning.

Dude nice!, i myself started a couple days ago to take my engine out. Its going to be slow for me, anywhom good job so far and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by NM_celicasupra View Post
    Dude nice!, i myself started a couple days ago to take my engine out. Its going to be slow for me, anywhom good job so far and good luck!
    Thanks man, I'm hoping to have this back on the road in a months time starting Tomorrow. Gonna be a dad in around a month and my only transportation is a gsxr 750...lol. I did email George @ raptorracing with a parts list and he said he would see if he had it all tomorrow, so hopefully I can get some stuff on the way.

Got some wire body harness cleaned up, also pressure washed the carpet...

Dirty carpet

very very impressive man, i am loving this build. gsxr 750 eh..hmmmm pictures? lol. great work dude! i cant wait to see more! and G at raptor is amazing. great guy, good luck with the rest as always looking sweet and great attention to the small little details.
    when others zig, zag.

Quote Originally Posted by supra_07 View Post
    very very impressive man, i am loving this build. gsxr 750 eh..hmmmm pictures? lol. great work dude! i cant wait to see more! and G at raptor is amazing. great guy, good luck with the rest as always looking sweet and great attention to the small little details.
    It's a 1994 gsxr 750w. Got it not running, all it had was full exhaust no jetting to compensate for fuel. So far I've done, clutch plates and springs, stage 3 factory pro jet kit, stage 3 individual filters, flush mount turns, new choke cable, fixed headlight switch, new tail light. Just need to sync the carbs.

OH, and when I put the head back on, the front where it takes high heat sealer and also for the oil pan, I have some yamalube crank case sealer left over from my first bike where I rebuilt the transmission, will that work okay?

I'll post a pic of the hole bike tomorrow, never got shots of it put back together.

very nice bike man and i am not to sure about the yamalube, could always try it right?? i have used it on my yamaha 250 motto bike. worked good. sorry i couldnt help ya out more dude.
    when others zig, zag.

Thread Information