Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[Open] Raptor Racing – RR/JDK Big Brake Parts Group Buy Phase II

23K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  RaptorRacing 
#1 ·
Production on the BBK components is quickly winding down and we need to get Phase 2 going. We’re looking at production finishing early August and shipping to you happening roughly the end of August.

This group buy is for the add on components to the group buy. If you don’t have the adapters yet they are still available to you buy pricing is group buy pricing + 10%...the thread is here.

I’ve tried to keep pricing as low as possible but low profit margins on the group buy due to lower than expected sales on the bbk components and supplier increase the pricing is not as good as the last group buy.

Please don’t think of this group buy as one initiated to save you money, it’s a group buy that was initiated to get those interested a product. If you are comparing the pricing here to what’s in my catalog please don’t as the catalog is outdated and needs updating.

That being said here is the pricing:

Rotors and Options

Coleman Racing Front Rotors: $270/pair shipped + options
Coleman Racing Rear Rotors: $180/pair shipped + options
Rotor Slotting: $36/pair
Rotor Drilling: $116/pair
Rotor Heat Treating: $34/rotor
Rotor Shipping: $27/pair or $ 38/set

Pix above is for a slotted/drilled/heat treated and plated rotor.

Calipers; Pads and Lines and Accessories

Wilwood Dynapro Front Calipers: $300/pair
Wilwood Dynapro Rear Calipers: $300/pair

**Please email me if you need other calipers to match what you already have**

Wilwood Q Street Pads: $50/box (1 box does 2 calipers)
Hawk HPS Street Pads: $50/box (1 box does 2 calipers)
Wilwood 2lb Residual Pressure Valves w/fitting: $19.55/valve

Wilwood Knob Style Proportioning Valve: $39.95

Raptor Racing 6 (Front/Rear) Piece BBK Brake Lines: $140
Raptor Racing Front BBK Brake Lines: $75
Raptor Racing Rear BBK Brake Lines: $75
Color Options for Brake Lines: Clear, Smoked, Red and Blue
Wilwood EXP600 Dot 4 Brake Fluid. Wet Boiling 417; Dry Boiling 626F: $17.95/bottle

PLEASE NOTE: There is no additional shipping fee for calipers/pads/lines etc if you have ordered the BBK components. If you already have the BBK components and just need caliper/pads/lines etc please send me an email.

Options

Zinc Plated Front Hardware: $35
Zinc Plated Rear Hardware: $15

The Hardware included in the BBK is Black Oxide Allow Steel, in the past customers had expressed an option for plated hardware would be beneficial so this is why I'm offering it. This is a GREAT option especially for the exposed hardware (rotor adapter)...it will really enhance the appearance of this awesome kit.
Rotor plating for Canadian Customers: please email for details

Shipping
Any and all pricing above just applies to US Customers. Canadian customers have to pay additional shipping for rotors but do not have to pay additional shipping for the calipers/pads/lines etc.

Canadian/International Customers

All your items will be shipped from Toronto so there will be no surprise fees. In order to determine your shipping prices please email me what you intend to order (pm’s will be ignored). Please also note that all pricing is plus Taxes so please email me to get you a total as it varies by province.

International customers please email for shipping quotes.

Payment/Contact Info

Payment Methods:

Paypal Address: payments@raptorracing.com
Please use the subject: 2011 BBK Group Buy Payment
USPS International Money Order: Contact info is in my Sig
Cash/Email Money Transfer: Canadian Customers george@raptorracing.com
Your Payment MUST include in detail EVERYTHING you are ordering and any options…if not your payment will be refunded. Please try to pay from a pc and not a mobile app as the mobile apps sometimes do not include your address, I also need your phone number as these will be shipping via UPS.

Contact info: george@raptorracing.com
Please send all inquiries via email with the title: 2011 BBK Group Buy Question

Do NOT PM any questions, I have well over 1000 PM’s in my box and I can not keep track of things efficiently via PM. If you PM me and I ignore you don’t be surprised.

Timeframe
This needs to be a well choreographed operation, these need to ship to a US Shipping address and I need to be here to access the order. The calipers also take a few weeks to get so I can’t let this group buy go on for long.

If funds are an issue and don’t have all the money for anything in this group buy right now please email and we will work something out so at least I have something to ensure you are serious and then you can pay me the rest prior to shipping.

Please try not to take advantage of this offer, I really need the funds asap in order to get this done…this is ONLY if you really don’t’ have the funds for the deadline.

That being said I am accepting payments as soon as today as either need your payment or need you to contact me with what you need by July 31st. I know that not having a long timeframe puts a damper on some of you and this is why I’m offering what I’m offering above. We can work out a non-refundable deposit for what you need…this ensures that you are 100% serious about these parts and I don’t get stiffed with a bunch of parts I don’t need.

Notables

I have written this on vacation with people nagging me to stop working, so please excuse any errors or omissions. I have done my best to written it so it’s easy to understand but PLEASE email me if you need any clarification.

See less See more
#3 ·
Alex to answer your question the other calipers available are:

Forged dynalites show here:

Billet Dynalites show here

If I may add: those are want/need ANYTHING but the Dynapro's listed in the first post need to let me know and even pay ASAP. I've already talked to Wilwood and they are ready for me to order the Dynapro's as that is the biggest seller 10 to 1 so if you're in this boat you'll need to let me know asap.

#7 ·
Works for me...

G, i will send you an email shortly, this short timeframe got me unprepared for this GB but we can work smthg out, just doing my math right now, another question to clarify, are those residual valve NEED to be installed on each brake line? the proportional valve is a MUST?? and the BBK brake lines are the same as the ones u sell for the stock brakes???
I'll respond to your email tonight/tomorrow. If you're going to install the RPV's you need one per line so 2 of them...they are not 100% needed but many have commented that they do help eliminate the "dead zone" in the brake pedal. The proportioning valve is also not a must but after seeing Nic do the 720 on the race track back in 2010 I wouldn't go without it...again just my opinion.

The Front Lines are a different length and different angle on the fitting...the rears are just a different angle on the fitting. Personally I'd get a set as you'll be able to sell your other lines easier if you have a set.

#6 ·
G, i will send you an email shortly, this short timeframe got me unprepared for this GB but we can work smthg out, just doing my math right now, another question to clarify, are those residual valve NEED to be installed on each brake line? the proportional valve is a MUST?? and the BBK brake lines are the same as the ones u sell for the stock brakes???

#11 ·
Heat treating the rotors is done to prevent cracking and warping of the rotor in high heat situations, it is very low cost when compared to most cryotreatments which also help with crack and warping as well is increase the tensile strength of the rotors which increases wear resistance and durability.

I'd love to offer cryo treatment of the rotors but it's just not feasible for me to do so right now.

Hey George,

The hardware (bolts) holding the rotors to the adapters on my entire kit are rusted and ugly. Do I hear correctly that you are offering zinc coated hardware I can replace these with?

Unfortunately, rotors and pads are not a priority right now :(

-John
John yes that is correct, I believe I owe you a few bux...hit me up via email and we'll work out the logistics.

There is a customer by the name of Dan D who has emailed with a question on Red Calipers, I tried to email you back but it bounced back saying it tried too many times but your email server was unreachable. Here is what I said in my response to your question:

Dan;

Unfortunately there are not any calipers that have both the fronts and backs in red, only the backs so they only way to get red is for you to buy black calipers...take them apart and have them coated separately. Not worth it if you ask me

#9 ·
Hey George,

The hardware (bolts) holding the rotors to the adapters on my entire kit are rusted and ugly. Do I hear correctly that you are offering zinc coated hardware I can replace these with?

Unfortunately, rotors and pads are not a priority right now :(

-John

#24 ·
Yes sir...I booked holidays from my full time job and headed to Michigan on October 10th to get the orders ready and ship them out. Canadian orders might not be shipped out till near the end, the day after I get back from Michigan I'm on a 3 day course at work, right when the course is done I will be heading to Buffalo and then on my way to the NE meet. I will do my best but there are only so many hours in the day so please be patient canucks.

If anyone in canuckland has a legitimate reason to desperately need this asap I will make the effort to get them out to you, if I find out they went in your parts closet it will be the last time I do you a favour. Before anyone asks YES this has happened, individuals pestering me hourly for updates on their order only for it to go on a shelf in their garage.

Be cool ya'll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.