Don's 1JZ Autox Project - Page 20

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    CelicaSupra.com Member
    Roadtrip!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Circling back to this bspt vs npt thing, the difference is 27 threads per inch and 28. Most Japanese manufacturers use BSPT exclusively, and I've personally seen an NPT fitting jammed into the BSPT port with some thread tape without subsequent issues.

It's a really good reminder to owners of the difference. Fortunately, with some searching on Google, there are some suppliers of BSPT fittings so we can properly complete connections. These engines have both metric fittings and BSPT, that's the bottom line. A good tap/die set and thread pitch gauge helps.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member williamb82's Avatar
    All of the pressed pipe nipples I am removing from my 2jzgte i am tapping with npt for pipe plugs, but the oil sender, etc... that is already bsp, I have to run an adapter. The sending unit for the Autometer oil pressure gauge is huge, so have to run a hose anyway. a 1/8bsp to 3an adapter is needed and then a custom ss line to run to the sender which I will mount on the motor mount bracket. Got lucky awhile back at a swap meet. Got a MAC tools metric tap and die set, and SAE tap and die set for $100 total. MSRP is near $400 each. Couldnt pass them up!
    william
    Hidden Content black 84 7mgte, MS2, truetrac, bbk, etc...soon to have 2jzgte and t56
    Hidden Content blue 85 beater
    Hidden Content black 86 triple weber 6m in the works!

Thread Information