Don's 1JZ Autox Project - Page 18

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Quote Originally Posted by CLToy View Post
    Love these updates! I have a harness bar laying around waiting on an install as well. I sure hope it is not short like yours! Oh well, I guess I will find out. Moving to a harness bar belts and ditching the OEM seat belts too I would imagine?
    I have a harness belt set, but not decided if I want to use it vs. the stocks. Sometimes I feel I am hunching a bit forward while driving, and the harness probably would inhibit that whereas the stockers allow me to lean forward.

If the total weight of the harness is less than the stock belts, maybe.

Really, just wanted a better camera mount location than my previous shower rod design.

Don

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Don L. View Post
    Reading some of the 240z forums and the experiences they have with the GTX2 arms (interesting), there was mention by T3 that RCA were still needed, and that the adjustable arms do not provide roll center adjustment. I like having all the spacers to play with, figure they can only help, but the RCA is what really helps bump steer. I realize I need more than 30mm, maybe later will work on adding more.
    Oh for sure, I wasn't impling use the ball joint spacers alone to fix your RC, but perhaps in combination with your existing RCAs you might be closish. I need 2.6 inchs worth to fix mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Don L. View Post
    Your car seems to turn quite well, so probably no concerns of LCA binding with compression. Just doesn't make sense to me how the caster rod can pull the LCA to get more caster, and not have (at larger caster settings) some degree of binding. I will start with 6 degrees caster, then try 7 degrees, see if it feels better.
    I'm sure there's some degree, but nothing that I've felt on track. 6deg isn't that intense.

About the harness bar, did you install it with the car jacked up by chance, or was it sitting on its wheels?
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

I'd like to experiment with more than 6 deg caster, but besides moving the tire farther forward in the wheel well (and hitting wheel well on turning), the outer tie rods will end up angled toward the front of the car, rather than straight out to each side.

Another benefit of running 15 inch tires, less interference with the wheel wells on turning. My 285/18 are pretty wide, and get pretty close to the front wheel well/flare on turn. Have some thoughts on 315mm in front, that might be a challenge.

I hope the bump steer is ok, might be able to test a little this weekend.

Installed the harness bar with the car chassis on ground.

Don

Thread Information