[CLOSED] New run of aluminum rads for MKII, Celica GT/GTS, and

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member Suprafanatic's Avatar

[CLOSED] New run of aluminum rads for MKII, Celica GT/GTS, and

Guys and gals,
    I'm currently in communication with a new manufacturer to produce aluminum rads for our cars again. We had a great response to the Griffin rad GB, twice, and I think there are still some of you who missed out. I hope to keep the design close to the original, but will also investigate an stamped tank option to the hand welded tanks in the interest of keeping costs down. I would like to hit a price point below that of the last Griffin GB, but for now, let's just see how many of you are interested. Ideally, I would like to hit a sub $400 shipped price.
    Please post up if you are SERIOUSLY interested as your response will dictate whether or not this proceeds.

...and I'll add your name to the following list, (which may result in you being hounded by me when the time comes - lol) I cannot proceed unless I know this is viable - otherwise, it is a waste of many people's time. Thanks.

INTERESTED PARTIES

global
    suprafastcelica
    sowsley
    5M Rob
    Guido
    Oldschool85
    1982 Dragon
    Last edited by Suprafanatic; 05-16-2012 at 07:14 PM.
    Cheers, Canadian Phil adrenaline"at"gto.net
    84 Maroon P-type - 82 P-type w/20K - 82 LP track bitch - 91 TT-R - 94TT 6spd - 89 Soarer Aerocabin
    "I'm not from here - your laws don't apply to me."

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Suprafanatic View Post
    Guys and gals,
    I'm currently in communication with a new manufacturer to produce aluminum rads for our cars again. We had a great response to the Griffin rad GB, twice, and I think there are still some of you who missed out. I hope to keep the design close to the original, but will also investigate an stamped tank option to the hand welded tanks in the interest of keeping costs down. I would like to hit a price point below that of the last Griffin GB, but for now, let's just see how many of you are interested. Ideally, I would like to hit a sub $400 shipped price.
    Please post up if you are SERIOUSLY interested as your response will dictate whether or not this proceeds.
    Global- Very Interested! Will your twin fan setup be compatible with this? (if you still have any!)
    85 Supra p-type (still collecting parts!)
    06 Subaru Baja DD
    01 BMW K1200LT (wife escaper!)

CelicaSupra.com Member suprafastcelica's Avatar
    I want one!!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

I would like for you to hit a sub $400 shipped price too.
    Bad decisions make the BEST stories.

1982 Supra P-type

1982 Specific TSRM's
    Wiring Diagrams Hidden Content
    Emissions Repair Manual Hidden Content
    Air Intake System Hidden Content

Yes please!

CelicaSupra.com Member williamb82's Avatar
    why get a new mfg? is griffen out of business or something?
    william
    Hidden Content black 84 7mgte, MS2, truetrac, bbk, etc...soon to have 2jzgte and t56
    Hidden Content blue 85 beater
    Hidden Content black 86 triple weber 6m in the works!

CelicaSupra.com Member Suprafanatic's Avatar
    No.
    They are still ava from Griffin (through my good firned George at Raptor Racing) but definitely not at a price remotely close to the GB pricing I secured. I wanted to produce more after the second run of 50, but the last time I contacted them to run these in quantity, they essentially told me they were not interested in doing business anymore, despite the qty runs as opposed to the one offs that they are currently doing (I assume). For the number they produce in one run (<100) it was at a loss for them, (or so I was told) despite the ever soaring cost. Perhaps it is due to the changes that I wanted implemented to the design as per many buyers' requests.
    I want to make some changes, control the production completely, and work with a new mfr.
    Change is good. I will also offer a pkge with my fan kit (which is CAD designed/mfd) so keep an eye out for that. They are still ava separately BTW, and I'm preparing another run shortly.
    Cheers, Canadian Phil adrenaline"at"gto.net
    84 Maroon P-type - 82 P-type w/20K - 82 LP track bitch - 91 TT-R - 94TT 6spd - 89 Soarer Aerocabin
    "I'm not from here - your laws don't apply to me."

CelicaSupra.com Member schanster's Avatar
    i have to ask i bought one of the griffin rad and if we could change a few things about it i would buy another one. what i would like to see would be a bigger rad but to fit in the same spot because i have a 2jz with the twin fans and they have a hard time keeping up and i wanted to stay twin fans but there is not alot of room between the fans and motor so mabye a wider rad? just wanted to ask and see what could we do help this set up thanks

CelicaSupra.com Member williamb82's Avatar
    hard to beat a $200 ebay aluminum radiator and stock mechanical fan for cooling. good luck. if the price comes in cheap enough i might be in for one, and by that i mean less than $250 shipped for a perfect fit radiator. prolly not gonna happen so i dont figure ill be on the list.
    william
    Hidden Content black 84 7mgte, MS2, truetrac, bbk, etc...soon to have 2jzgte and t56
    Hidden Content blue 85 beater
    Hidden Content black 86 triple weber 6m in the works!

CelicaSupra.com Member suprafastcelica's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by williamb82 View Post
    hard to beat a $200 ebay aluminum radiator and stock mechanical fan for cooling. good luck. if the price comes in cheap enough i might be in for one, and by that i mean less than $250 shipped for a perfect fit radiator. prolly not gonna happen so i dont figure ill be on the list.
    usually you get what you pay for though

Thread Information