[CLOSED] New run of aluminum rads for MKII, Celica GT/GTS, and - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member 1982 Dragon's Avatar
    ^^ Good. That stuff will sell like hot cakes.
    Try and make all of it... lol. Body moldings (I'm in desperate need) and that belt trim that goes against the glass windows... (mine is dried up and starting to go).
    -Josh

1982 Terra Cotta P-Type - Sold and missed Hidden Content
    1987 Supra, 7MGTE 432WHP (New Toy)
    1993 Celica GTS (Daily Commuter)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member Talksoup's Avatar
    I'm also in.
    Bob.Big Boosted Six.Makes more torque than the front line at a Honda dealership!

I am potentially in. I'm in eventual need of a new radiator and a direct fit would be great.
    Bad decisions make the BEST stories.

1982 Supra P-type

1982 Specific TSRM's
    Wiring Diagrams Hidden Content
    Emissions Repair Manual Hidden Content
    Air Intake System Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

My car was running hot at the track. I'm interested, but I'm concerned about the quality as it's coming from overseas. I'm assuming it's on par with Godspeed and other ebay brands.

CelicaSupra.com Member TRD 83 SUPRA XX's Avatar
    Im still dispointed in my G-Rad..... I still think I got the Pre Production Model one..... Im very Crossed about it sense I payed GOOD money for mine. I saw the Production model and it has the G Samp on top of the rad. And Mine did not.

CelicaSupra.com Member zuprax85's Avatar
    any updates????
    Edgar M.

85 Two tones P-type 5 speed R.I.P Hidden Content

84 White P-type 2JZ-GE 5 speed Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member Marblehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by williamb82 View Post
    hard to beat a $200 ebay aluminum radiator and stock mechanical fan for cooling. good luck. if the price comes in cheap enough i might be in for one, and by that i mean less than $250 shipped for a perfect fit radiator. prolly not gonna happen so i dont figure ill be on the list.
    Why post something that has not one bit of relevance to Phils actual product offering?

As for me, Phil, Ill put my name out there to be on the list. My Griffin rad took a leak 2 years ago, same as so many stories from what I hear. Id be up for one, possibly two for the 83 and 86.

Piss test.
    Scott

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    So the Griffin's have been developing leaks have they? Not suprising since they use the stock mounts, which were designed for copper rads. Aluminum rads have to be electrically isolated from the body, or they will eventually rot out from electroylsis. Those of you with them, I would put some rubber spacers between the upper mounting ears and then enlargen the bolt holes on the rad and run a bolt setup with rubber isolators that insultates the bolts from the rad. Phil, might want to take this into consideration for the new ones. Maybe premade isolators and some delrin fastners or something to attach them?
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

Quote Originally Posted by SupraFiend View Post
    So the Griffin's have been developing leaks have they? Not suprising since they use the stock mounts, which were designed for copper rads. Aluminum rads have to be electrically isolated from the body, or they will eventually rot out from electroylsis. Those of you with them, I would put some rubber spacers between the upper mounting ears and then enlargen the bolt holes on the rad and run a bolt setup with rubber isolators that insultates the bolts from the rad. Phil, might want to take this into consideration for the new ones. Maybe premade isolators and some delrin fastners or something to attach them?
    I doubt there is electrolysis issues with them. That would require a connection from aluminum to regular water to metal to occur. The rad won't rust from being bolted to the body. That is the same as the timing cover, it is bolted to the block. Plus if you use a coolant and distilled water, there should be no/little corrosion at all.
    Current fun car: Black 86 with 7M-GTE/W58/3.58/TrueTrack, 300whp, 13.5@102.
    Wifeys Car: Burgundy 84 Auto and stock. Previous Daily: Two Tone Brown 84 Cressida: Sold and helped it get a 7M/W58 Swap
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Tire Shredder Hidden Content
    "surprise! this one runs 11s biatch"

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Well it works very similar to electroylsis, I forgot the chemical term for it it. Its the law of dissimilar metals, which can cause galvanic corrosion to occur if you have 2 metals touching each other and an electrical connection between them (and of course the body is the ground path in a car). I won't pretend to be a chemist, someone much better at chemistry pointed this out to me once, but see here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galvanic_corrosion

Check out any vehicle that comes with an aluminum rad from the factory, and the rad will always be electrically isolated from the body with the stock mounting system.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

Thread Information