Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hey i love my 82 but then again it's the only mk2 i've driven. I've only had it about a month too though.

Well, despite that some people aren't huge fans of the year I got the car. I appreciate the advice from everyone. I like hearing both sides of things. The car ran great when I test drove it, no idle issues and it seemed to have plenty of power to me, it felt very strong getting up to 80 on the highway. It was very clean, the owner ordered it from Toyota so it never even sat at a dealership (she had the papers to prove it) and everything on the car is stock. The mud flaps were taken off of the rear wheels is the only thing I saw. Thanks for the advice everyone for real.

Pic:

Quote Originally Posted by facon12 View Post
    I've heard from a few folks that they aren't fans of the 82. Is there a particular reason people feel that way? Is it just because the parts are slightly different?
    Ironically, in the early days of turbocharging with piggyback systems, the 82's were sought after because the electronics are easier to piggyback and the rearend gearing is better for turbocharging.
    Jan. 1982 Blue 'P' type - 6MGE intake/exhaust/17"SquareWheels, etc.
    1982 Terra Cotta 'P' type - 1UZFTE slowly progressing (high comp/low boost corner carver)
    1983 Black P - Rust Weight Reduction Mod :P +400k and in donor status
    1984 Red L - Daily Driver, well, not daily, but when I leave the Supra farm...

nice. what size tires are those? i like how they look.
    1984 Toyota Supra 5MGE

In my Sig? those are 17" Square G6 Wheels. Here is a pic test fit on the L-type, but they aren't really enough positive offset for it (lots of poke in the front and rubbing).
    From New Wheels

Thread Information