Don's carbon fiber hatch. - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I would like to have an 85 sun shade option. I'm in. (I have already paid in full for my CF hood which should be on its way now So yes I'm dead serious)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member Austin E's Avatar
    The best way to do this is probably just a stock hood, no holes, or w/ w/out windshield wiper hole, and leave it up to the customer to apply the holes if they want the spoiler or sunshade. That's gonna be the easiest way for them to produce it. All these different wants/needs and requests will just make it a lot more difficult to get rolling and produced.
    Austin Easley
    1984 Light blue Mkii

Quote Originally Posted by Smackface View Post
    +1 to this
    +2. After talking with Don, he is just waiting on the seals to ensure this can be performed easily and he will let us add whatever wing, louvers, spoilers we want. I am hopeful that lexan can be had cheaply, however.

Purchased two hoods.....ready for two hatches!
    Chadrick
    Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; 2007 Tundra CrewMax TRD Supercharged; Hidden Content ; 1967 VW Beetle (Her Classic)
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Re: Don's carbon fiber hatch.

To clarify, the option for a sunshade request it's to have the 85 sunshade made in CF to go along with the hatch. It would look silly to mount a 28 year old faded sunshade onto a CF hatch.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

CelicaSupra.com Member eightsixxmkII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kmfdmk View Post
    To clarify, the option for a sunshade request it's to have the 85 sunshade made in CF to go along with the hatch. It would look silly to mount a 28 year old faded sunshade onto a CF hatch.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Agree on this. No way I'd mount an 85 spoiler onto a carbon fiber hatch. Better off it being made with the hatch. All carbon fiber is the way to go.
    Hidden Content
    05 Scion Tc: Sold. Mpg will be missed.
    85 P: New project. No motor/trans.
    86 P Super Deep Red (Cali Car):7mgte/w58.
    98 4runner Sr5: Daily driver. Parts/dead car hauler.
    96 Avalon: New daily.

Eh? I would mount the '85 spoiler to it. I don't care. I don't see what the issue is, lol. It's fiberglass anyway. And if you're worried about it matching, you can get it wrapped. You can also paint it black. Black goes with everything, especially the black moldings and bumper. Well that's my opinion anyway :P
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

1985 P-type 5 speed
    6MGE
    almost 9 years strong 4-20-08

I'm interested, I say just make them stock. If you want holes for whatever they are easy enough to drill.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
    Eh? I would mount the '85 spoiler to it. I don't care. I don't see what the issue is, lol. It's fiberglass anyway. And if you're worried about it matching, you can get it wrapped. You can also paint it black. Black goes with everything, especially the black moldings and bumper. Well that's my opinion anyway :P
    +1. The basic hatch is all I need. I don't even really need a lexan window, if I'm honest.
    84 Celica GT-S

CelicaSupra.com Member Tire Shredder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelephant View Post
    +1. The basic hatch is all I need. I don't even really need a lexan window, if I'm honest.
    this main appeal for me is no chance of rust. considering you're going to pay 200-$500 for a perfect hatch anyways once you ship it, it makes this a viable option.

I agree with Tanya an zelephant. paying hundreds to make a light part weigh almost the same is an option only few would take. I think black or even a wrap would look good!

Unless you race competitivley the weight of the glass is a minor issue and I think anybody that has a street car you are going to be very disappointed with the vibration and wind noise you will hear through lexan. very few have a dedicated track car and of those few I don't think very many would be winning championships if they lost 30 more lbs off the car. For the group that drives street cars on the track a handful of times in a year I think you'll regret it... but that's my opinon.

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado978 View Post
    I'm interested, I say just make them stock. If you want holes for whatever they are easy enough to drill.
    an included paper template to drill either 84 or 85 sunshade holes into the hatch would be a very nice touch!
    Black 7M-GE 84 P-type Hardtop
    Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member
    interested
    Hidden Content
    Royce
    '85 P-Type 213,xxx km's

Thread Information