Results 1 to 10 of 53
02-16-2013, 10:13 AM #1
[Gauging Interet] MK2 Griffin Drop in Radiator Group Buy
As you're all aware Griffin rads for some time, I haven't fully "advertised" it yet as it's not very convenient for me to sell them but is doable. Griffin has 2 rads for the MK2:
1) The original one that Scotty and Roger helped develop over 5 years ago - I sell this one for $495 shipped (price increasing soon)
2) The one that Phil from Adrenaline did for his Group buys, there were some changes to the end tanks and added provisions for a temp sensor and petcock valve. This one now wholesale for well over $550 which means retail would be MUCH higher.
Currently design number one has no provisions for the temp probe and the only way for me to have them added is to build 15 of them. Otherwise I can still sell them for $495 + shipping (roughly $525) but they will NOT have any provisions for temp probes.
So I'm here to ask if there is any SERIOUS interest in a run of Rad #1 with the temp probe bung and petcock valve.
To try to answer most of your questions before they are asked:
1) 2008 Group Buy Pricing was $425 shipped, I have to crunch some numbers but I probably can't do it for less than $475 shipped for US Customers/$500 shipped for Canadians.
2) Right now I have no idea if these will be stamped with Griffin on the top or not
3) Yes the Adrenaline fan kit will work with this
4) No I will not entertain any requests to change any design on this rad. If this is something you feel passionate about please feel free to get this done. I have no idea why but they simply do not want to produce the Rad produced in the last group buy by Adrenaline, they said it's just too expensive to make so I will be sticking to the original designed rad.
Yes there are cheaper ways to get this done, but if you want the convenience of a drop in rad as far as I know this is it. I will need at least 15 people, if I don't get them then I can still sell at the above mentioned price but they will NOT include the bung/valve. This really isn't anything I'm dyign to add to my catalog so not willing to put in tons of money to get this going, if there is no interest there is no interest...no harm no foul. I have a few other big projects I need to save my money for so it's 15 or nothing unfortunately.
Please keep in mind, this group buy's main purpose isn't to save you money, it's to develop a product that is not available for below $500. If the group buy doesn't go through and you desperately want a drop in rad with the temp bung then be prepared to spend over $600.
I have also talked to Phil from Adrenaline about having some fan kits available but before I finalized that and we figure out if he will sell them or me I need to know if I'm going to get this group buy going.
1) 1982 Dragon
Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
02-16-2013, 12:46 PM #2
Just about to order the fan kit off Phil George, I will be interested by spring/summer this year.-Josh
1982 Terra Cotta P-Type - Sold and missed Hidden Content
1987 Supra, 7MGTE 432WHP (New Toy)
1993 Celica GTS (Daily Commuter)
02-16-2013, 12:51 PM #3
Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
02-16-2013, 01:54 PM #4
- Join Date
- Jan 2008
I'm in for radiator and fans/kitHidden Content
'85 P-Type 213,xxx km's
02-16-2013, 02:12 PM #5
Would prefer no logo but I'm prob the minority on this. I'm still in with logo.
I'd pay whatever the premium is for a black finish.
02-16-2013, 02:15 PM #6
02-16-2013, 02:24 PM #7
02-16-2013, 02:40 PM #8
02-16-2013, 03:11 PM #9
I'm up for one.79 MkI, Black Metallic, owned since '82, in restoration - paint done! suspension done! 5ME motor going in soon Hidden Content
83 MkII, Terra Cotta, p-type, stock
85 MkII, Super Silver, p-type, 1JZGTE, Turbo 350 Trans
86 MkII, Black, hardtop, p-type, 6MGE, 5 Speed - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - (Chronic MGSS Hidden Content )
02-17-2013, 03:40 AM #10
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)