[Gauging Interest] MK2 Reproduction Upper Door Seals Group Buy - Page 3

Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for Reproduction Door Seals?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm down, as long as they $300 or less I think ppl should stfu and man up, gotta pay to play.
    rollin down the strip on vogues
    comin up slammin cadillac doors

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

George,

I think a little time between the hatch glass seal and this would get more people on board at a higher cost. While it doesn't phase me, most of our members are younger and living on a shoestring budget. For many, probably most, buying stuff like this is not something we'll be immediately installing anyway, but rather something we're just accumulating in our parts closet for that future date that we plan or at least hope to restore our Supras. For most people, its hard to pay $200 for something you won't use right away, and especially if you've just bought another gasket around the same price.

If anyone is on the fence about the value of these seals, I bet you probably haven't ever been in a Supra that could go 60+ without a bunch of wind noise or don't remember that far back. I know mine sort of crept up on me little by little over the years as the seals lost their elasticity. The general solution to an old car is to crank up the stereo to mask all the noises that it makes. You probably don't know what its like to shut your door with just a muffled click rather than a bunch of rattling. These new seals would be so nice.
    Phil D.
    85 Silver 6m-gte, completed 2000

"I always observe the speed limit. I see those DAMNED signs everywhere."

I 100% agree Phil...even if there was very strong interest I'd have to wait until the hatch glass seal was done anyway as I have way too many projects going on right now...

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member 1982 Dragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pdupler View Post
    George,

I think a little time between the hatch glass seal and this would get more people on board at a higher cost. While it doesn't phase me, most of our members are younger and living on a shoestring budget. .
    For me, just too much going on. I definitely want in on this but with this other group buy and some other $ being thrown into the car... It would be nice if this could be something we could do over the winter. Just to spread out some of these costs
    -Josh

1982 Terra Cotta P-Type - Sold and missed Hidden Content
    1987 Supra, 7MGTE 432WHP (New Toy)
    1993 Celica GTS (Daily Commuter)

CelicaSupra.com Member CelicaDrifts's Avatar
    I am interested in this, if a buy occurs I hope it's not for a while.
    1984 Celica Supra - black - sunroof - 1uz project.
    1987 Suzuki Samurai - long wheel base - flat deck project - fully locked chromolly axles w/ 3 inch lift

I may be interested as well (I need to go through my parts closet first to make sure I don't already have a new set of OEM Toyota seals). Does not matter to me when this group buy occurs, but would prefer it to be within the next year.
    85 Toyota Celica Supra 7MGTE, Super Deep Red-Current
    85 Toyota Celica Supra, Super Silver Metallic-Gone but never forgotten

CelicaSupra.com Member italianpace's Avatar
    I'm in George!
    Bruno - 1985 1jz Supra

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pdupler View Post
    I think a little time between the hatch glass seal and this would get more people on board at a higher cost. While it doesn't phase me, most of our members are younger and living on a shoestring budget...For most people, its hard to pay $200 for something you won't use right away, and especially if you've just bought another gasket around the same price.
    This^^
    1984 Celica Supra MA61 5M-E
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

my hatch seal is holding up... but my door seals is another story, my passenger side seal is ripped and lets most water in, I will gladly get a set of these.

expressing interest.

Thread Information