90999-00105 Blank Ignition Key...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

90999-00105 Blank Ignition Key...

Alright, and the story goes I've contacted literally every dealership around, and they all say that this key is discontinued and cannot be bought...I literally have bought every kind of OEM Toyota key in existence...with none fitting my lock cylinder ignition and it's so damn frustrating, because I'd like to think the Supra deserves a good looking key, it's a good looking car!
    So, if anyone can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm looking for a blank one, preferably with the protector still intact. I'm willing to pay extra, as they're now more rare then ever, and understand why people wouldn't wanna give up their spare. I cannot stand my "head shaved" key that I use for it now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member Road Ripper's Avatar
    Check with our forum sponsor Mark from McCords Vancouver Toyota in Washington. Last I knew he could still get the key blanks.
    Hidden Content
    Dan (DragonLady's husband) *RIP Tyler (2yo son lost to cancer)
    1986 P-type (Ruffian) black 6M 5 speed (formerly Lexusboy's), sitting.
    1986 P type MKII 2tone night blue met/silver met. 5MGE auto, waiting for summer.
    2005 Dodge Magnum Magnesium Pearl - new family car!
    2000 Chrysler Town & Country - Charcoal, family/stuff hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Road Ripper View Post
    Check with our forum sponsor Mark from McCords Vancouver Toyota in Washington. Last I knew he could still get the key blanks.
    I contacted Mark several weeks ago. He does not have any of these keys and verified they are no longer available.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Damn...so I suppose all hope is lost on obtaining a damn master key...

CelicaSupra.com Member Road Ripper's Avatar
    ^^Ditto. I suppose I can use the older key blank, grind the head down and plasti-dip it in black rubber/plastic to get the OE look. I only have the one key for our two-tone, so I'm paranoid about losing it.
    Hidden Content
    Dan (DragonLady's husband) *RIP Tyler (2yo son lost to cancer)
    1986 P-type (Ruffian) black 6M 5 speed (formerly Lexusboy's), sitting.
    1986 P type MKII 2tone night blue met/silver met. 5MGE auto, waiting for summer.
    2005 Dodge Magnum Magnesium Pearl - new family car!
    2000 Chrysler Town & Country - Charcoal, family/stuff hauler

I have a plain blank key (fits the 84-85 supra butterfly type ignition) if you are interested.

PM sent RA65GTS.

I'm Selling Toyota Celica Supra MKII 1985-86 small head keyblank correct fit for the butterfly ignition switch. Very hard to find and no longer available through dealer. $15 ea. FREE shipping to the lower 48 states. I have 10 of them at the moment. I accept PayPal

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

CelicaSupra.com Member
    RoadRipper, If you don't know what your key code is, it's on the passenger side lock cylinder. Yeah, it's a PITA to get. But this would get you new keys, not copies of old worn ones. Of course, this assumes your car has all original locks. Mark told me this a couple of years ago, or maybe a little longer. I believe at that time, the dealership could still make keys this way. Of course proof of ownership is required. But if this is still possible, I doubt it would be much of a concern for most well known forum members. The current availability of this service should be verified with Mark.
    I think I might try the Plasti-Dip method on one of the blanks I bought quite some time ago from Frank, who by the way, provided very quick delivery. It's certainly no money making proposition for him, so we all should thank him for the effort and the offer.
    Also, if anyone is interested in a valet key, being an original owner, I can provide a private picture of the difference so one can be made.

Hi RA65GTS

Your facebook link seems to be broken,

Dale
    Black 1983 P Type 5 Spd, Cloth Interior, BBK,HRE 17" Wheels, HKS Exhaust
    White 1984 P Type Auto, Leather Interior, Sunroof, Digital Dash

Thread Information