FUN IS NOT ON STRAIGHT
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member Lee_MA61's Avatar
    Sending payment now for the TS hood.

Edit: i am a ra tard.... i sent the deposit to george@raptorracing.com.. that was the email i had saved in my paypal..
    Last edited by Lee_MA61; 10-05-2013 at 10:42 AM.
    Random House Racing
    -1984 Toyota, Celica Supra P-Type Super Red (2JZ-GTE + 74mm) JZA61 Hidden Content
    -2010 GMC, Sierra 2500HD Imperial Blue Metallic (L96)

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

All good buddy...came through anyway.

George,

I was going to send you a PM but thought that others may want to know your responses as well. After being told by Advan that this version would NEVER be made, I now face the choice to purchase a third hood. I am a team player and not sure if these will ever be made again. If you could indulge a couple of questions:

1) Will there be wire mesh or reinforcement at the area of the openings? An integrated black mesh would add rigidity, obscure view into engine bay, and not prevent vent from being functional.

2) Will there be inserts for these vents that can be installed on an as needed basis? (rainy days, washing car, etc.)

3) Are washer nozzles being included, or optional like the previous OEM group buy?

4) Hopefully a given, but the TS hood uses the same bracing underneath...or how much is included?

If I missed these answers somewhere, please forgive me. Thank you for your time.

Chadrick
    Chadrick
    Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; 2007 Tundra CrewMax TRD Supercharged; Hidden Content ; 1967 VW Beetle (Her Classic)
    Hidden Content

Hey Chadrick...excellent questions. I will try to answer them as best as I can, if something isn't clear please let me know.

Will there be wire mesh or reinforcement at the area of the openings? An integrated black mesh would add rigidity, obscure view into engine bay, and not prevent vent from being functional.
    Yes...please see pix below of the MK3 TS hood. When I talked to Don months ago he mentioned this was included but I will make 100% sure I report back.

Will there be inserts for these vents that can be installed on an as needed basis? (rainy days, washing car, etc.)
    No...this would increase the price DRAMATICALLY. It's something we can possibly look into after but not I have the time for right now.

Hopefully a given, but the TS hood uses the same bracing underneath...or how much is included?
    Yes, virtually the same with slight modifications to accomodate the vents. The picture above of the MK3 unit should help you visualize this.
    Are washer nozzles being included, or optional like the previous OEM group buy?
    Optional, just like the last group buy. Thanks for reminding me, prior to going to production I will send out an email to see who will be using the nozzles. Keep in mind the "bump" for the nozzles are there whether you will be using the nozzles or not...just like with the OEM hood.
    Last edited by RaptorRacing; 10-05-2013 at 08:07 PM.

CelicaSupra.com Member TRD 83 SUPRA XX's Avatar
    I want but Im soooo broke after SIV! Haha I keep you posted if I can get one.

Did anyone at SIV have the OEM hood Alex?

CelicaSupra.com Member TRD 83 SUPRA XX's Avatar
    Nobody! Everyone who went liked the OEM style MK2s this year.

George, any idea what's going to happen to pricing on the OEM hood if there's <10 orders?
    Dean L.
    1985 Toyota Supra - Hidden Content
    1987 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ73
    2007 Lexus LX470

Thread Information