Interchangeable Seats from another car with 1982 Supra?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Interchangeable Seats from another car with 1982 Supra?

Does anyone know of any vehicles that I could rip a seat out of that would line up to fit in a 1982 supra? I want to change my front driver seat.
    I'm open to other suggestions. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member Celicasupra1983's Avatar
    look at the ice part of the forum.... Last time i didnt say anything but now im gonna
    : youve been on here long enough to know shit anint just gonna get handed to you...
    Mk2 Supras - 1983 P-type ---> Akako(red child) - 1985 P-type ---> current 6mge. Rustoration needed [sold to motto1985]
    Mk3 Supras -1990-->7mgte-550 wanted - 1989--->7mgte-needs clutch

^THIS
    1983,1984, 1985, and 1986(not 1986.5) Supra seats will work. I know it's obvious, but I've learned not to underestimate the stupidity of some people, so I posted it just in case.

Also some members have luck with Celica seats from the FWD versions but I don't remember which year.
    Charles "Cee-Jay" Hughes
    Silver 86 w/6M-GTE
    Silver 99 TRD Solara S/C Long Beach Ed.
    Black 88 4Runner V6

CelicaSupra.com Member tfphoenix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muchbzy View Post
    Also some members have luck with Celica seats from the FWD versions but I don't remember which year.
    00-05 Celica seats in my car.

Got the idea here http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/sh...S-seat-install

Takes some fabbing to make it happen, but they work quite well.
    Andrew C. - 1985 Toyota Celica Supra P-type 2.8 (5M-GE) 5-spd

Build Thread // Klearz // LED Flasher // Climate Control LEDs // Cam Covers // MK2 Font

I seem to be getting a lot of negative feedback from this site in just asking questions. I feel like everyone assumes that it should be super easy to find stuff on here. I have been using the search bar, and at times it comes up with the wrong things. I thank whomever has given me tips on my questions. I guess I will just have to go about not asking people's advice anymore on here.

CelicaSupra.com Member tfphoenix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedRice View Post
    I seem to be getting a lot of negative feedback from this site in just asking questions. I feel like everyone assumes that it should be super easy to find stuff on here. I have been using the search bar, and at times it comes up with the wrong things. I thank whomever has given me tips on my questions. I guess I will just have to go about not asking people's advice anymore on here.
    Don't take it too personal man. If you have exhausted the search to the best of your abilities you can start your thread with "Hey guys I couldn't find the answer I'm looking for in my search" or something. Yeah that sucks to have to do but it lets them know you tried.

Something else that might help you, I normally use google search instead of the forum search and usually have better luck finding what I'm looking for. To use google to search the forum type your search in this format...

Hope that helps.
    Andrew C. - 1985 Toyota Celica Supra P-type 2.8 (5M-GE) 5-spd

Build Thread // Klearz // LED Flasher // Climate Control LEDs // Cam Covers // MK2 Font

CelicaSupra.com Member '82supra's Avatar
    ^ this otta be added to the FAQ tutorial.

Like he said, once the training wheels are off everybody has to go thru the ropes. You've started some good threads (esp. for a newb, lol) & you'll be amazed at the depth of this site once you start digging.

Terra Cotta Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by tfphoenix View Post
    00-05 Celica seats in my car.

Got the idea here http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/sh...S-seat-install

Takes some fabbing to make it happen, but they work quite well.
    Good to know - I have owned a '00 GTS and a '01 GT which both had basically the same seats but the GT had cloth cover and the GTS was black leather. Comfortable, good fit for my ass, back, and shoulders.
    Dave Harrison

current lineup:
    '85 Mark2 7mgte 5sp 'Isis'
    '85 Mark2 7mgte Auto 'Athena'
    '85 Mark2 7mgte 5sp 'Gaia'
    '84 Mark2 6mge 5sp conversion 'Ginger'
    '80 Mark1 4me auto 'Lucy'

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    no matter how hot she is there is somebody out there tired of her shit.

Quote Originally Posted by FriedRice View Post
    It's not the "just asking questions" that will get you that 'negative feedback'. It's asking the same questions that have been asked and answered many times already on previous threads. So now we have another seat thread and another 5mge thread and another tire thread, etc. that makes it that much harder to search the forum for this info because the older threads that have the needed info already in them are buried by the newer threads with the same titles but containing little information and lots of complaints about not using search. The Google search works good if you do it right. We should have a 'sticky' at the top for that.
    Dave Harrison

current lineup:
    '85 Mark2 7mgte 5sp 'Isis'
    '85 Mark2 7mgte Auto 'Athena'
    '85 Mark2 7mgte 5sp 'Gaia'
    '84 Mark2 6mge 5sp conversion 'Ginger'
    '80 Mark1 4me auto 'Lucy'

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    no matter how hot she is there is somebody out there tired of her shit.

Thread Information