Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

[CLOSED] S3 Short Shifter Version2 W58 & R154 Short Shifter Group Buy

24K views 41 replies 17 participants last post by  85mk2supi 
#1 · (Edited)
APPROVED BY: ME
------------------------------------------------------------------
NAME: Raptor Racing
PHONE NUMBER: 416-677-5962 (Emergency only)
EMAIL: george@raptorracing.com (BEST way to contact me)
PAYMENT PREFERENCE: Paypal/Credit Card through Website
------------------------------------------------------------------

ITEM: S3 Version 2 W58 & R154 Short Shifter
BRAND: S3
GROUP BUY START DATE: April 13th, 2014

GROUP BUY END DATE: April 28th, 2014 or when all 25 Units are gone.
NUMBER OF PARTS AVAILABLE FOR GROUP BUY: 25
PRICE: $282 Shipped

DESCRIPTION:

We all know the stock shifter gives you that semi-truck kinda feel, so here is your chance to own the best shifter made. The S3 Short Shifter is for both W58 and R154 Toyota transmissions and features:

• 36% reduction in shift throw
• Threaded for Toyota shift knob
• Premium materials used and high quality finish
• Fully assembled, bolt in installation
• Manufactured and assembled in the USA

This shifter is designed by a Supra owner using premium materials:
• The shift rod is 304 stainless
• Upper shift housing is 303 stainless
• Lower housing is T6061-T6 Aluminum
• Insulation is a special polyurethane to reduce sound and vibration
• All precision machined parts are US sourced materials. Only two parts are imported.

Before

After

This is a true short throw shifter, NOT just a short shifter. This is accomplished by lengthening the fulcrum point for reduced shift throw. When installed, the shifter height is approximately 1” shorter than stock. The shift throw is reduced from 5.5” (stock) to 3.5”. The shifter thread is designed for factory shift knobs, including TRD shift knobs. As a benefit, the shifter is height adjustable, for those that want the shifter a bit higher. Though most leave it at it’s assembled shortest setting. Further design enhancements address the fact that most installs are on a used transmission. Too long of a fulcrum, creates shift engagement issues on a used transmission.

Ordering and Payment Information

All orders must go through the website on this link: http://raptorracing.com/group-buys/s3-v2-shifter-for-w58-and-r154

When the site says "out of stock" that means all 25 units have been purchased.

Payment MUST include: Forum Name and Phone Number

Shipping, Currency and Taxes

Shipping
The price of the shifter includes shipping to anywhere in the Continental USA and Canada. US orders will ship from the US and Canadian orders will ship from Canada; there will be NO surprise fees for anyone in this buy. International customers please pm/email me for a shipping quote.

Currency

Pricing is in USD.

Taxes

There is no tax for US Residence, taxes for Canadians is automatically calculated when you purchase through the site.

Paid Customer

1. Braden T - GA
2. Benoit L.T - QC
3. Michael D - CA
4. Peter F - TX
5. Stephen T - ON
6. Jim J - CA
7. Michal S - OH
8. Grant B - ON
9. Joshua C - DE
10. William R - AB
11. Linh D - TX
12. Roberto A - CA
13. Matthew M - HI
14. Alex P - CA
15. Kit P - WI
16. Paul P - NC
17. Don H - SC
18. Angelo L - CA
19. Mike L - New Zealand
20. Robert M - UK
21. Darin D - AZ
22. Clint M - BC
23. Kenny U, HI (waiting for Extra Shipping payment)
24. Andreas F - WA
25. Michael A - CA

See less See more
#8 ·
Sorry guys...will update the paid listing by tomorrow. Things have been hectic the last few days.

Or will you be making more in the future. If so I will just wait it out

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk
Paypal has a no payments no interest for purchases over $99 for 6months...it's called Bill me Later. That payment option is there if you need it.

These will ALWAYS be available later but I don't do these group buys often, the last one was 3 years ago and pricing goes back to normal ($330) when all 25 are sold.

#14 ·
Payment sent. Quick question, what does it mean on my account when it says "quick re-order" after I already paid for it? Cause it seems like I can purchase another one even though it says out of stock? Lol weird.

#17 ·
It's just a feature of the shopping cart, a lot of webstores have products where customers would need to re-order a product often.

Not in any rush just wondering what kinda time frame we might see these?
Alex...it would have been on the 28th if they sold out as fast as they did in the past. Every group buy before this they sold out in less than 48hrs, no biggy but this time I will pay for them on the 28th and have them ship to me then. they are already build so that won't delay us...best guess is these will be shipping the first week of May.

#19 ·
George, I just tried paying twice on the website but it doesn't go through. It's showing on my credit card website as a payment followed by an immediate refund. Since I can't seem to get it to work, can you just use the money I've already paid on the springs (order 1126) that are on back order and refund me the difference? Thanks, Rich

#23 ·
The springs are actual 3miles from me and getting delivered on Friday, I can surely do as you've requested but just keep the following in mind: VERY good chance as soon as I put the Dobinsons in stock the price will go up in price. If you change your mind and want them again later you will have to pay the going rate. I know I also promised you a $20 gift card upon delivery of the Dobinsons, I'd have to hold that back too.

If you wanted to keep the Dobinsons AND order a shifter let me know by sending me an email and I can explain why your payment is getting blocked.

payment sent
Paid, thanks George!
Payment list updated...thanks guys.

#32 ·
You confirmed payment but I am not on the list?
Angelo, sent you a PM...you're good now.

As for everyone else, since this went close to the deadline we're going to be "mildly delayed". I usually sell through 20 in a 36hrs but it took a little longer this time and I sold my last one right near the annual Tail of the Dragon meet. That being said, in the next couple of days these will ship to my Buffalo shipping address which should take 3-4 days to get there. From there it's just a matter of me finding a day to go and process all US orders and bring back all the Canadian/International orders with me back to Canada.

So we're looking at these shipping right around the end of the first week of May, everyone will get a tracking number via email when their item ships and I will post up here and on Facebook that I've started shipping out so you know to look for the tracking number.

Thanks to all who participated and I promise to make this as pain free as possible and get you your parts VERY soon.

Really dumb question from a W58 newbie.....

Can these be used with the BIllyM ShiftGasm bushing, or are they a complete replacement?

Jim
Yes it can but you don't need the 2 white marlin crawler pieces...

#33 ·
Hey Folks;

just a small updated! I was hoping that time-wise I could make it to get these shipped out before the first week of May. I need to push it back just a few days as doing so saves me a LOT of time and money, so these will start shipping on the 13/14th. You WILL receive a tracking number automatically via UPS or personally from me. I do thank you all for your patience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.