- Manvir Brar

Smoke tires, not drugs.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member Manvir Brar's Avatar
    Nothing really happened to the car other than rust repair until late October, when I decided to clean the wheels.
    Like the valve covers,

oh god...

Using normal rim cleaners turned out to be utterly useless against the brake dust/whatever the fuck that shit was.
    Wasted like an hour just scrubibing for no reason,

So we resorted to aluminum acid which worked alot better.
    Acid is dangerous, so safety first,

And final product after several more hours of scrubbing,

Before/Afters,

Eventually they were polished but not really that well. They look really shiny in pictures, but not so great in person. While the acid definitely got the shit out of the wheels it also damaged the look too. Eventually I might properly restore the wheels, like fill in the black lines, fix the curb rash, and properly polish them. But not anytime soon lol.

Still like the valve covers, 100 times better than before,

- Manvir Brar

Smoke tires, not drugs.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Skipping to mid december-ish, I was poking around our shop's upstairs storage area where I found a couple of magnaflow straight through's laying around...

Later that night

And sound,

Basically just stock manifold, stock piping, stock cat, no resonator and then the muffler.
    It makes me happy
    - Manvir Brar

Smoke tires, not drugs.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Next was the steering wheel.
    Took it off,

It had seen better days,

Forgot to take pics of the install process but here is the finished product,

The wheel is the grant formula GT and I used the adapter kit #3584. Got a good deal on it since it was at lordco and my dads shop does alot of business with them. Website price is $200 and at that point you might aswell get something more fancy, but I got it for $120
    I was looking at grip royals too, they have a bit more of an old school look.
    http://www.grantproducts.com/products/view/74/ < The wheel

It feels alot better than stock since it's so much smaller and I love the colour that matches the grey/back of the interior too.
    - Manvir Brar

Smoke tires, not drugs.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

In January I decided to mess with the intake, of course I was like a week or two late and Rabidchimp had just shut down, so their intake pipe was a no go. No problem, bought some alluminum 3" piping, couplings, clamps and a cone and got to work.

Old pipe off, the engine looks so much better without that thing running over top.

Forgot to take pics of the install process but heres how it looks finished,

I yolo-ed the thing, don't do that. My afm has been shifted a bit to the side and alot of this was a huge pain in the ass.
    Instead, just follow this guide and you'll be a happy dude.

http://www.tscperformance.com/supra_intake.html

That sound combo'ed with the muffler makes being inside the car where it sounds best.

Mine ended up costing around the same ($90), but that already has all the issues worked out for you.

Sound-
    - Manvir Brar

Smoke tires, not drugs.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Hey just found your build thread. Looking good. A little present for you, your car circa 2003 when it was owned by the guy who modified your grill...

In that last photo, your car is between Agatha, a very famous mk2 from Washington. Owned by the original builder, Don C at the time, now owned by SupraDude117...
    http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/sh...p?55792-Agatha
    Actually that's Don checking out your car in the first photo.

And on the other side is the mintest mk2 I've ever seen. It had less then 50,000kms at the time (its barely cracked 50 now I believe) and is still owned by its original owner Dale Z, aka SupraZ here.

I was pretty sure this car and its owner showed up at another meet of mine, but he must have sold it right after this meet as we never saw him again. I always wondered what happened to this car, glad to see it found a good home and that's on the road again!

You should bring it to the Run of the Ogopogo meet in August. Jump on the celicatech forum to sign up, there is still room. Autox, cruises, bbq, staying at a swank chalet at Silverstar for cheap, shenanigans, always a good time.
    Last edited by SupraFiend; 07-20-2014 at 04:28 PM.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

That intake sound is sick! Where did you buy the piping for that?

The aluminium acid you were talking about, does it got any other name?
    Could have great use of that on my rims they are baaad...
    Probably cant get my hands on it in sweden anyways but worth an shot!

Quote Originally Posted by SupraFiend View Post
    Hey just found your build thread. Looking good. A little present for you, your car circa 2003 when it was owned by the guy who modified your grill...

In that last photo, your car is between Agatha, a very famous mk2 from Washington. Owned by the original builder, Don C at the time, now owned by SupraDude117...
    http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/sh...p?55792-Agatha
    Actually that's Don checking out your car in the first photo.

And on the other side is the mintest mk2 I've ever seen. It had less then 50,000kms at the time (its barely cracked 50 now I believe) and is still owned by its original owner Dale Z, aka SupraZ here.

I was pretty sure this car and its owner showed up at another meet of mine, but he must have sold it right after this meet as we never saw him again. I always wondered what happened to this car, glad to see it found a good home and that's on the road again!

You should bring it to the Run of the Ogopogo meet in August. Jump on the celicatech forum to sign up, there is still room. Autox, cruises, bbq, staying at a swank chalet at Silverstar for cheap, shenanigans, always a good time.

Dude, no fucking way. Thats so fucking cool oh my god holy shit.

That's crazy dude thanks so much for those pictures, thats history of the car and I never would've thought it was so cool.

I'd been recently thinking of putting the foglights back in, but now that I see that, I'm going to leave it how it is. I guess one of the previous owners had taken off the taillight covers, and replaced the muffler with something factory. I also had a subwoofer and speaker system that were blown out when I got it. But that is definatley the same car, it even has the same TRD badges on the side. I don't even have words to say how cool this is.

The previous owner was a white dude in langley. He said he had it for a few years but it had been sitting under a cover for like two years before I bought it. That reminds me to get like a history check done with carfax so I can find out more about this.

I'd love to come to the Ogopogo meet but I'm still 17 and kinda busy with work and volunteering during the summer. I'll put some serious thought into it though. I do really want to go to a celicasupra meet though, or even a celica and supra meet.

Anyways, thats so cool and I can't say thanks enough, My car's been off the road for a really stupid reason this last couple of weeks and that cheers me up alot. Oooohhh I can't wait to get it back on the road now!

Edit: I'm seriously considering the ogopogo meet now, but gotta ask my parents first too.
    Last edited by Manvir Brar; 07-20-2014 at 05:56 PM.
    - Manvir Brar

Smoke tires, not drugs.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Jaannssoon View Post
    The aluminium acid you were talking about, does it got any other name?
    Could have great use of that on my rims they are baaad...
    Probably cant get my hands on it in sweden anyways but worth an shot!
    I think we still have some left in the jug/bottle. I'll check out the brand and specific name of the chemical tomorrow and get back to you.
    One thing is, it's probably a better idea to read other peoples more specific thread about properly restoring them, as my rims still have curb rash and some brake dust/rust and faded areas.
    - Manvir Brar

Smoke tires, not drugs.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thread Information