Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Don L. Autox videos

7K views 43 replies 13 participants last post by  Don L. 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, here I go trying to share more autox videos of my 1jz Supra, in SCCA Street Modified class.

Last weekend, about 75.5 secs, some in 3rd gear, fast sweeping right hander, lots of fun. Crazy long slaloms!

Don L.

#34 ·
Too bad we didn't get a chance to meet. I ended up being pretty busy all week. I was working the east course Thursday and Friday and got to watch you all run. It was motivation for me to build my Supra. so much so that I ordered the parts I needed Thursday night for the 1UZ swap!

#35 ·
Hi Brian, yes, kinda hectic times! Wish we could have showed better, but running against top level cars shows me how much more development the car needs. I'll follow your build, especially if you come up with legal ideas for a rear diff upgrade.

Btw, good job this week!

Don L.

#36 ·
Can we get along with the rule book swapping differentials like Mike O'brien and William Branan? Seems like the bigger diff is what you need and I might have to look into this once I can hold power down.

#39 ·
My preliminary read of the rulebook seems like a Ford diff install would be legal. I would keep the rear subframe, control arm pivot points on the subframe are unchanged, the portion of the subframe to modify to mount the front of the Ford diff is ok to cut/modify (not a susp point). Haven't figured out yet how to mount the rear part of the Ford diff, but guessing based on William's pics that a bracket that attacheds to the diff cover bolts can be made, that then mounts to the same location the stock rear diff mount goes. Something like that. I haven't even touched the Supra since Nats, much less looked under it, but I am brainstorming and education myself of the ways of the Ford 8.8 IRS rear. In my mind, somewhat limited in LSD options, but hopefully something that can work for me.

I need to remodel a house before tearing into the Supra. Family stuff!

Don L.

#37 ·
Not sure Chadrick. When I get home, will have to read the rule book carefully. As usual, probably states drivetrain is free, but something about original attachment points. Since our diff housing attaches to mounting points of the subframe, I'm not sure. Usually can't modify subframes. IDK. 1400 miles from figuring it out. If it's possible you bet I will check into it!

Lot's to digest.

Don L.

#40 · (Edited)
here's trying to post a video from sundays autox at crows landing. This is my son's 2nd run in the Supra. Fast course, crazy fast finish, Supra held together but rear end was too loose, had some lean idle issues. Only when engine very hot, running E85. Thinking about getting a fuel pulsation dampener.

Looks like I need to read up on how to post youtube videos!

#43 · (Edited)
Looks like so much fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.