P-type and L-type; differences in years - Page 18

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    CelicaSupra.com Member Chrisfrom1986's Avatar
    So is it only the 82P that is the mystery about mudflaps and not the 82L?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisfrom1986 View Post
    So is it only the 82P that is the mystery about mudflaps and not the 82L?
    My 82 sales brochure shows mudflaps on the Ls, but not the Ps. Which makes me more confused about my 82. I just went out and looked at both my Ps (82/86), and, although the flaps look basically the same on both, there are differences. The ones on the 82 have no visible hardware; they appear to be riveted to the inside of the wheel wells. Curiouser and curiouser! I wonder if it has anything to do with the "Supra" badged as opposed to the "Celica Supra" badged models.
    Hidden Content
    UPDATED 1/8/12
    65 Ford Galaxie 500 XL Conv. 390/4bbl 105K (old school)
    82 MKII P 5-sp Red/Black 110K (garage queen)
    84 Porsche 944 ?k (full-time job)
    85 MKI MR2 Hd top, 5-sp Blue 265K (as needed)
    (SOLD) 85 MKI MR2 Sunroof 5-sp White 80K
    88 Buick Reatta Claret 115k (my driver)
    (SOLD) 96 Celica GT Auto Black 154K (my other driver)
    (TOTALED) 99 Celica GT Auto Silver 145K
    2002 Acura TL-S 140k (the boy)
    05 Subaru Outback XT 85K (wife's driver)
    07 Scion tC Auto Lt. Blue 85k (the girl)

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Geez this seemed to have gone into a "MKII owners gone wild" episode. Well to say the least I'm a fan of what Tanya and others are trying to do here, but it seems as if most people are not helping to give information as much as they're trying to get from it and I know some might be confused since they actually see conflicting issues between the info provided and what they actually see on their cars. but can we just try to help gather all the info required for the FAQ.

I have learned alot from reading this thread so far and basically it seems that some people don't realize that these cars being 20+ years and several owners later things are not going to be original as it came off the showroom floor. Not saying you might have an oddball car here or there but I doubt it should be this big of an issue.

Just providing my and hopefully this doesn't turn into a great debate thing but I guess if people have a problem with what I have said feel free to PM me and keep any illwill from public view on the forums and keep this FAQs info going
    Hopefully I will find you soon...Patiently lookingHidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Hello Everyone :)

I HAVE A 1983 CELICA GTS i was just wondering if this car is worth keeping and fixing up ? it still runs has over 250,000 miles on it and its still going has little rust spots the ac doesnt work, has no radio or speakers, needs new seats badly and new bumpers new chrome panels on the outside ...anyways it RUNS hahaha so are they rare ?

Quote Originally Posted by 83gtsceliica View Post
    I HAVE A 1983 CELICA GTS i was just wondering if this car is worth keeping and fixing up ? it still runs has over 250,000 miles on it and its still going has little rust spots the ac doesnt work, has no radio or speakers, needs new seats badly and new bumpers new chrome panels on the outside ...anyways it RUNS hahaha so are they rare ?
    1-That is not a GT-S, it is just a GT.
    2-This posting does not belong in this thread
    3-They are not rare at all, the paint job is interesting though.
    -Chris

1983 Celipra GTS:
    6M bored .50 over. 250cc injectors. Delta 272 regrind cams. Carter HF fuel pump.
    Pacesetter header w/2.5" cutsom exhaust. Open air intake filter. 3" piping to TB. 65mm TB & ported AFM.
    4:10 rear from Supra. BillyM shifter kit. Swapped most interior over to black. T3 camber plates.
    935 Budget Coilover kit. KYB AGX struts. T3 Needle bearing upper perch kit. Eibach Sport rear supra springs. SF Ford TFI Performance coil.
    Almost finished with the fiberglass hatch!

The Leather interiors listed for 85 and 86 is
    "1985* available in Maroon, Black/Grey and first year Blue became availabe
    1986* same colors as '85"
    I have an 86 with original all black leather interior, and its not black and grey, is this odd?
    This message will self destruct

Does an 84-85 bumper fit an 83?

Attached link "L" type, like I had when I was in highschool.. Shame, i wish I still had that car it was in great shape........ unlike my new rust bucket.

http://www.oldparkedcars.com/2010/06...type-ma61.html

Did Australia receive some sort of combination of L type and P type or did we actually get both?, I've got a digital dash,lsd,big guards and interior with the drivers seat air pump thing-o.

Just curious to know if my car has the parts of 50 different supras on it or if thats how some of them came.

Thread Information