Have we lost the ability to post high quality pictures? what has changed? - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    CelicaSupra.com Member
    well, its a LOT smaller than images used to be around here but at least the whole picture made it onto the page. thanks.

as for the "dead" issue. a contest would be fun and i think a lot of us would enjoy it but i believe that the problem lies a little deeper than that. the whole reason why this forum is so awesome is because of the information that the community shares with each-other. if the people with the information leave than the forum will fail.

if there is one thing i have heard over and over again sense i joined this forum its got to be the "Guru's" getting fed up with Noobies asking questions that have already been answered. Maybe you guys could try to improve on the site's Search Function.

a more effective search system would do more for this site than any contest short of one with Cash prizes.

Also, it seams that the little smiley icons and some people's signatures still arent showing right. not nearly as big of an issue as the pictures was but an issue none the less.
    97 XR650L. DD / Toy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    I agree with the search issue. The built in search is terrible. Have to use site:celicasupra.com on google to be efficient
    Hidden Content
    Royce
    '85 P-Type 213,xxx km's

Banned
    Hi cmdeshon no it not like that but we need to try something different to post high quality images.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cmdeshon View Post
    well, its a LOT smaller than images used to be around here but at least the whole picture made it onto the page. thanks.

As for the "dead" issue. A contest would be fun and I think a lot of us would enjoy it but EYE believe that the problem lies a little deeper than that. The whole reason why this forum is so awesome is because of the information that the community shares with each other. If the people with the information leave, then the forum will fail.

If there is one thing that I have heard over and over again: since I joined this forum it's got to be the "Guru's" getting fed up with Noobies asking questions that have already been answered. Maybe you guys could try to improve on the site's Search Function.

A more effective search system would do more for this site than any contest short of one with Cash prizes.

Also, it seems that the little smiley icons and some people's signatures still aren't showing right.

Not nearly as big of an issue as the pictures was, but an issue none the less.
    I'm all over that idea,BUT THE POWERS THAT ARE HERE may not have the money to do that. It's a monster project that needs a lot more than just us to make happen. $5,000 in a new server bank of dedicated memory and another 6 gig-a-quads of memory? This ain't Google,here. Wish it was.
    Dave in Seattle can up his membership (BACK)to the Platinum level again,if you can match my level of membership.
    It simply takes a bit of support along all of those lines to be effective.
    Money is good,but a community of caring members is a lot better.

I would have a crappy 'search engine' than a pile of un-caring ..(sorry)...terrible people asking unusual questions about stuff we already know the answers to. I don't want this to be face-fuck for any reason. Oops,I used a cuss word.

Why can't we all be EXCELLENT to each other on this forum and UP to a paying level and prove it?

This forum is free? It may not be,soon.
    Actually,some forums require a membership fee to um... Filter out the free-loaders. Sorry,again.
    The De Lorean forum is that way in Seattle.
    If we CHARGED admission,would the problems go away? No.
    Dave in Seattle. I keep LATE hours.Hidden Content
    '84 type "L" ,Auto ,daily driver. Dk blue.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    if this site started charging admission i would be gone.

i love you guys but i am poor. cant be paying for forums when i can barley afford to keep my straight talk plan active...

maybe if it were like $5 a year. but tack a $10 / month fee onto this forum and all your going to get is tumbleweed...
    97 XR650L. DD / Toy.

We'll always have the free membership option so no worries there.

~Kay

Thread Information