Thread: Wiring Diagrams

CelicaSupra.com Member

Aristo wiring diagram?

Ooops-dbl post.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    SC300 + Aristo swap = you going to SupraForums, Club Lexus, or Clubna-t for help, since neither one of them really has anything to do with us. Those places all should have the info your looking for, or know where to find it.
    Someone send me a 2JZ harness that they need fixed, modded, or thinned down. I'm becoming bored very quickly.

Lots of Aristo-specific info here:

http://www.jzs147.com.au/forum/

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

If in doubt, drift her out! Steer from the rear! less traction,more action! simple!
    ░░▒▒▒▓████
    BURN RUBBER
    ░░▒▒▒▓████
    JZA61: 1JZ, GT35....That is all

Here you can find Lexus GS300 (1993-1997) 2JZ-GE wiring diagrams (scroll down, until you get to them):

http://sites.google.com/site/punkara...technicalstuff

CelicaSupra.com Member Lee_MA61's Avatar
    bang bang?

http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/sh...P-wiring-guide

all you need for the GS300/Aristo 2JZs.. And with some deductive reasoning it'll work on every 2JZ.. Or someone can just send me pictures of the plugs that differ from the above threads.. and I'll update for the different types.
    Random House Racing
    -1984 Toyota, Celica Supra P-Type Super Red (2JZ-GTE + 74mm) JZA61 Hidden Content
    -2010 GMC, Sierra 2500HD Imperial Blue Metallic (L96)

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Hi Folks,

Ok, it seems that most of the 1JZ sites are defunct. I just got done tracing the body wiring for a JZX90 Chaser engine since I can find lots of ECM pinouts, but nothing for the body plugs. Since I don't yet have any pictures, here's a description of the plugs, the wire colors, and their functions. Now, I have removed the traction control and test plug wiring from my harness, so I don't have a lot of detail on those. These particular plug connections are for the 7M, since I'll be pulling the 7M wiring out, and replacing it with the 1JZ wiring in mine. I'm including the function as well in case you're going straight from the 5M to the 1JZ.

I haven't wired the engine up yet, but this is where the wires go within the harness...

20 pin plug near the ECM plugs on the engine harness:
    B = tach input, from the ignitor. Connect this to your tach adapter's input.
    Br = manifold ground (front). This connects to the manifold ground closest to the front of the engine (there are two). Use this to ground your gauges.
    W = goes to the A/C compressor. Not yet sure which function it performs. There are three wires to the 1JZ A/C compressor, instead of just one... I believe the high pressure switch is included in the compressor, so this would make two of the wires moot (use the MA61's high pressure switch instead).
    R-W = A/C plug (same)
    Y-R = water temp idiot light trigger (the single wire coolant temp sensor). I'll be using this wire to run the signal to my aftermarket gauge/sender.
    Y = speed sensor from the transmission. This goes to your electronic speedo, if you have one.
    R-L = goes to the reverse light switch on the trans.
    B-W = speedometer sensor middle pin - I believe this is the ground. Will update when I verify...
    Y-L = oil pressure sender signal. I'll be using this to transmit the signal from my aftermarket oil pressure gauge.

The next three plugs are together, but are about 18" away from the ECM on my harness.
    14 pin:
    B-Y = injector and ignitor power supply wires. Wire this to B1-17 (ignition switch provides the power) There are two B-Y wires, one big, one small. I'll be wiring these together since they're both fed by B1-17 on the 7M.
    W = test connector, not sure which pin since mine is gone.
    Br = intake manifold ground (rear). Goes to the rear manifold ground. Would also be a good gauge ground.
    B-W = two of these, which connect together and go to the 34p ECM plug on the 1JZ harness. Should be an ECM earth.
    G = A/C plug. I believe this is the clutch wire, but will have to verify.
    R-W = test connector
    B-R = switch power from the EFI Main Relay. B1-9 on 7M harness. Two of these, which I'll be wiring together.
    B = also the tach signal, from the ignitor. I'll be using the one from the 20 pin plug, above.
    L-R = test connector

13 pin plug with G, L, Br-Y, Y, W, Br, and R = traction control motor wiring. Gone from mine. Br goes to manifold ground, the rest go to the Traction Control butterfly stepperl plug.

22 pin plug:
    G-Y = hydro fan sensor - removed.
    W = hydro fan sensor - removed.
    G-W = test connector.
    W-L = test connector.
    G = test connector.
    Y-R = test connector.
    R-B = power to both the reverse light and speedometer sensor on transmission. Should be switched power.
    Y = goes to one of the ECM plugs. Have to verify, but I believe this is the speed sensor input to the ECM. Would come from the VSS sensor on your gauge.
    Y-L = goes to one of the ECM plugs as well. Not yet sure what this one does.
    Lots of empty pins on this one.

There's another plug near the ECM, which was capped on mine, and appears to be used for the ABS or traction control system. I ignored it, since the wires all just loop back to the ECM.

There are a couple of connections that you have to make to the ECM that aren't in the engine harness. There are two B+ wires, which are wired to the EFI Main Relay, one Batt wire, which is wired to the 15A EFI fuse (or the hot side of the EFI Main Relay), and the speed sensor input. These are well documented in the JZZ30/JZX100 world. I had to order a plug, which I purchased new from Phoenix Tuning. A bit spendy, but I don't have a lot of time to scour the salvage yards for good ECM plugs from a V6 Camry or Avalon...

That's what I have for now. Hopefully this site'll stay up for a looong time to come, since this is the only copy I plan to post.

Cheers All!
    Bob Moon
    Ultimate Horsepower, LLC
    AZ
    '82 Supra 1JZ-GTE project
    12A powered trail buggy
    Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member Suprafanatic's Avatar
    Bob - thx for posting that up. Over the past 10-15yrs, I've saved a ton of links that are dead now, but I also downloaded all the info and stored it. I should be starting to post up all the wiring info I've collected over the years on my website for everyone to access so keep an eye out there.
    I just have to find it first as both my laptop and my backup drive went south in the fire, but I know I have a CDrom with a TON of 1JZ info on it.
    Cheers, Canadian Phil adrenaline"at"gto.net
    84 Maroon P-type - 82 P-type w/20K - 82 LP track bitch - 91 TT-R - 94TT 6spd - 89 Soarer Aerocabin
    "I'm not from here - your laws don't apply to me."

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Serious bummer about the fire! I haven't been following the forums much lately since I've been lost in the world of Mustangs and DSMs, and the Sup has been patiently waiting. That really sucks!

Update to the VSS wiring: according to the Marlin Crawler site, the standard Toyota VSS wiring is Power In, Ground, Signal, so the center ping is ground. That would make the B-W wire in the 20 pin, near the ECM, plug the VSS ground. Yellow would be the signal, and R-B is indeed the power for both the reverse lights and VSS. It's a bit of an interesting twist, since ground is usually W-B and power is B-R, but it is what it is...
    Bob Moon
    Ultimate Horsepower, LLC
    AZ
    '82 Supra 1JZ-GTE project
    12A powered trail buggy
    Hidden Content

anyone have an 82 celica supra wiring diagram in pdf form or something? or sell the actual book for a decent price?

Thread Information