[OPEN] mkii_supra_freak Front and Rear Solid Strut/Shock Tower Bars Group Buy - Page 2

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rsdeo View Post
    I'm in for both front and rear.
    Raj;

let me know if want polished or the logo and we can settle up when you get your hood.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Why so much for the braces? I can see around 150 for the front bar because of the logo etched and welding, but the rear is just flat stock. My local metal supplier charges $35 for a piece of t6061 aluminum the size of the rear bar

CelicaSupra.com Member pogipogi's Avatar
    Really?…..$35 maybe for a piece of beer can aluminum.
    6061 T 6,….im an aircraft mechanic, i know better.
    & you cant just weld aluminum….its Heliarc….more expensive & lots more skill.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member amir_zwara's Avatar
    I want, just gotta get some funds together somehow...

Re: [OPEN] mkii_supra_freak Front and Rear Solid Strut/Shock Tower Bars Group Buy

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorRacing View Post
    APPROVED BY: ME
    BALLIN!

-Dustin-
    -Dustin-
    1985 Celica Supra, 6mgte, 349whp/352tq at 16psi. Build Thread: Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by drdoominator420 View Post
    Why so much for the braces? I can see around 150 for the front bar because of the logo etched and welding, but the rear is just flat stock. My local metal supplier charges $35 for a piece of t6061 aluminum the size of the rear bar
    A few reasons but the main one is that even IF you can get a bar in these exact dimension for $35 (which I know you can't) someone still has to do the work to make it a bolt on part. And even IF you could do that yourself as you have the resources you're comparing apples to oranges because:

1) The machine shop has to make money, Mitch has to make Money, I have to make money. When you are building for yourself the plan is to save money, not make money...kind of not the same. I don't know about you but when I do a unit of work I'd prefer I was paid for it. The amount of money I make off these bars is NOT worth my time but I'm doing it to provide a unique part to the community on my website and to help Mitch out as if people like him aren't making parts for our cars NOBODY is...still...working for free is NOT an option.
    2) These need to be shipped from Mitch to Me, they need to be carefully bubble wrapped and boxed, they need to be insured...this step alone will take a few hours. The labor isn't free, the box isn't free, the bubble wrap isn't free, the shipping isn't free and neither is the insurance.
    3) Once I get them they need to be individually boxed, individually labelled, shipped and insured...see last sentence above.
    4) We are building these for MK2 which means that we are build 20-30 tops if we're lucky. If these were for Civic's and we were able to build hundreds or thousands and hire a team of unskilled laborers to do 90% of the work then it's a different story. Mitch and I are doing ALL the work: sales, service, shipping, receiving, after sales support etc.

I hope I've at least partially answered our questions, in light of the above if you still thing it's way too expensive it's an opinion you're entitled to.

Lastly: If you can get these built to bolt in and have them shipped to me for in and around $35-$50 then you and I have some business to discuss on potential future products.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    I have the means to fab and machine parts, I'll see what I can do to make affordable versions of these braces.

I hate to get off topic here, but wasn't there a bad ass door sill drafted up by Mitch. That design was sweet. If it were to ever take off, I think it would sell. And, I would buy it. Again, sorry to get off topic.
    Thanks, Tim

Will we be able to get these at a later date, I know the price will be higher if it is possible, but I really want one. I wish I had more time, I just got a job this week
    1984 MKII- Stock 5M-GE
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by REN69 Hidden Content
    adjustable sway bars on a car with stock springs/struts?? It's like Jogging to Mcdonald's... what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Jup View Post
    Will we be able to get these at a later date, I know the price will be higher if it is possible, but I really want one. I wish I had more time, I just got a job this week
    Yup...IF I can get 20 sold then pricing will about $30 higher than group buy pricing.

Thread Information