Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Engine hood clips

3K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Robie 
#1 ·
Hello,
Can anyone tell me if we can remove the soundproofing of the engine hood without breaking the clips

thanks

#2 ·
Planning on breaking a lot of them. One the plus side they are pretty much the same clip on all cars. I usually buy a full set when ever I replace hoodliners on cars.

#7 ·
I replaced my hood insulation a few years ago when it was still available from Toyota. Glad to know someone offers an aftermarket replacement though. The clips may still be available from Toyota if they are the same for a lot of cars as Silver says. Maybe get something similar at Autozone or Pep Boys? To remove without breaking I would guess you may be able to get underneath with needlenose pliers and be able to squeeze the shank to release the clip. I seem to remember that the new insulation came with the clips, or else I just bought a set when I ordered the insulation. BTW, it is not "sound proofing". It is to prevent engine heat from destroying the paint on the hood. Good Luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.