FS: 1985 SDR Celica Supra, Lowish Miles, Totaly Stock, Prime Restoration Candidate - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    85 4Ever, I don't have an email for you that works. Check your pms please.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Just a little update. I've had a couple peeps from far away almost spring on this, but the costs involved with shipping from so far away ultimately made it uneconomical. This car is a great option for someone in BC or in Alberta if you can come grab it. I finally will have a weekend to dedicate to this thing, so the new fender, header panel and dent repairs should be well underway after this weekend. I will keep this thread up to date with the current state and price of this thing. Once the motor and tranny are in, I'll just start a new thread as it will sell itself at that point.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car

Bump! Yup, still got this thing. Its spent all winter and spring in my shop, and I've even managed to work on it a couple times. Life with a baby and a house continues to slow down my progress unsurprisingly. Would like this thing gone asap, but I'm not going to give it away. Current state is it has a new header panel and fender installed and I'm doing a little bit of bodywork and paint prep on it, getting ready to paint the new panels, drivers door and DS rear quater. If someone wants this to restore, get it before the paint goes on, less work and cost for you. I will still take $2000 for the car as is. Once the paint is done I will post up new pics and want a little more. If it doesn't sell quickly, I will finally drop my good 5m and w58 into it and it will then go on craigslist as well for $4.5k and will probably sell quickly as turn key and complete. I'm still up for selling it with the motor and tranny uninstalled for much cheaper too.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Hey guess what I still have...

Technically I have a buyer for it, but I can't get a hold of the dude and his deadline for taking it is about to expire. This thing is getting booted out of my shop this weekend and I'd rather not have it sitting around or out in the rain after all the work I've put into it. Plus it is such a fantastic chassis for restoring, so clean on the underside and the body is really good. Whats new: new fender and header panel installed, front end is fully aligned and very straight. Put several coats of primer on the new bits plus a couple problem areas on the DS as I was planing on doing the bodywork and painting these areas nicely. Then plans changed, I was going to keep it, so I skipped the final bodywork to these areas (the header panel just needs some final sanding, the fender, door and quater metal work is good but needs a layer of filler and some sanding) and threw a thin coat of enamel so I could store the car long term without issue. Also pulled the gas tank in preparation for that, its in the hatch, complete. Then plans changed again and it needs to go! The car is ready for transport right now and its in a perfect state to start an engine swap. The front bumper is held on with one bolt, all its bits are bagged and labeled in the hatch. Interior, brakes, suspension fully installed. I am still asking $2000cdn as is. If its level of assembly or paint finish is holding you back, PM me and maybe we can work something out. If I still have this thing in the spring, a spare 5m and w58 will go into it and I'll sell it as a complete runner for 4k+.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car

Should mention there may be some wiggle room on the price if you're willing to take it as is. I can make the recent exterior paint work look good if that's holding you back (but then less wiggle room). Its out in the rain now, would rather it was sitting in someones garage getting a motor put in it.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car

Is the car still available? I think I am going to have to seriously consider buying your car even though the transportation might be expensive. I know 1yr ago we tried but shipping was a problem but I have not been able to find a clean car. Do you rember what they were quoting for shipping? Can you please e mail me at moe461@yahoo.ca and we can work something out hopefully. Thanks
    Moe

I was recently looking into shipping for another car in BC, was told probably in the $1700-$2000 range for either Rail or Flatbed.

You could take a plane there and drive back and it would be cheaper, but you'd need a few days off.

And a motor.

Rail should be cheaper then truck, but I still need to look into that one.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car

I sent a car on rail from northern alberta to kingston, ontario. The buyer referenced a price sub-$1000, and that was picked up and trailered from fort mcmurray to the railhead in edmonton.
    Dean L.
    1985 Toyota Supra - Hidden Content
    1987 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ73
    2007 Lexus LX470

Hi, I am interested in your car. I am located in Sask. I could drive out with my truck and pick up the car with a trailer but I would be interested in seeing if you would put the 2.8 engine in getting it running for me. Please email me if possible. Thanks

Thread Information