FS: 1985 SDR Celica Supra, Lowish Miles, Totaly Stock, Prime Restoration Candidate - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    A couple photos updated with the swaybar back in and the restored strut rod bracket. Also a view of what the inner well looks like. Also I threw a little more paint on the refinished tow hooks as you can see the top sections of them through the brake vent holes in the stock bumper.

Thats about as far as I will be taking this thing for the next couple weekends at least. Hoping someone out there is looking for a great platform to build a project car from!
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Your car look awesome. Good restoration and the color is very clean and cool. A black or a blue I think looks more good But red is nice to

Thanks! SDR cars have a very strong following. Its an amazing color when the paint is fresh. I wanted a black one myself from the get go, then eventually bought an SDR because I couldn't find a nice enough black one at first. I did end up finding one eventually and sold the SDR, but it left its mark on me and I had to get another! I've had at least one ever since. (actually I have 4 of them right now lol).
    Last edited by SupraFiend; 06-02-2015 at 03:48 PM.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Ok, so I'm about to get back to working on this car. Just in case this wasn't clear, it would only take me 2 weekends to pull the motor from the other car and get it in and running in this car if someone is holding back due to this not being a runner. I will continue fixing the rust issues otherwise, but its only going to get more expensive the more work I do to it and I'd rather have the time for my own project cars so I was hoping someone looking for a project car would jump in sooner then later.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car

I can't believe someone hasn't snatched this up honestly. You do excellent work and at any of those prices this is a steal. The fact that it is digi dash p type is just icing on the cake. I know it is easy to drive a car you bought across the border over 25 years old, how are the rules for towing/shipping cars over? Not that i'm in a position to do it right now, i'm in the middle of a move, but if there was ever a car that makes me think hard about it, this is it.

Towing vs driving is no difference, the difference is whether you bring it over yourself vs have a company bring it over for you (the former is the easy\cheap one). I've brought several cars over the border before, going both ways. Would be happy to advise people on this matter if they are interested in this car.

I don't expect this car to sell to someone in the US though. Body condition wise it isn't too impossible to find similar cars for reasonable money on the west coast of the US. The fact that its an original Digidash 85 PType with pretty low miles is certainly appealing in the US as this a canadian exclusive combination and the cheaper solid bodied cars I've seen for sale down there generally have quite high miles. However this car makes the most sense for Canadians in Alberta or BC. Finding any Canadian supra with this little rust is virtually impossible. The only original Canadian mk2s I have ever seen with less rust were all super low miles, garage queens their whole life, iow $$$. But also buying a car in your own country always makes it simpler, there are alot more hoops to jump through for canucks bringing in cars from the US vs the other way around. Especially now. Apparently just last year they have changed it so all cars coming up need to go through a broker now, booo!
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car

Hey. I have posted that update to the LTYPE resto thread on restoring rusty lower rad supports if you would like to read about my process in fixing this issue on these cars. There's even some in progress photos of the work done to this car referenced in it. Have a look here....

http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/sh...=1#post1002065

In addition I will be looking for an 01 or 02 Corolla for the family in the very near future and would consider trades for this car for one or maybe something similar. But I'm pretty picky. Something to consider at least.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car

Changing gears a little here. My available free time is rapidly shrinking so I'm going to focus on putting this thing back together and getting the motor in and running. It's not looking like I'm going to have time to do anymore rust repair to it. I've already put some time into the suspension, brakes and fuel system, that's all good now, and next I'm going to put body panels back on it and take care of any needed paint work, then get the motor and tranny in. If you want this much cheaper and without a motor, act quickly! Once this thing is a runner, its going on craigslist, etc and it will be an easy sell locally. But I'm still hoping an enthusiast picks it up and gives it the proper resto treatment it deserves.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car

So I'm on a bit of a break from work, looking after my brand new little one. Hoping to get some shop time in next week to get this thing into prime sellable condition. The price is only going up from here, get it while its cheap. First up is a little bodywork on the drivers side. A new fender with all dings repaired, the ding on the door repaired and fixing up the paint and such on the right rear quater. Then I will assemble and align all bodypanels, then paint the repaired sections on the DS. At that point the car will look complete and good from the exterior but have no motor, and the price will be $2500. After that, I start swapping in my good 5m and w58 and make a proper runner out of this thing and then it will be priced somewhere in the 4k range and will sell easily locally. If you're looking for a solid body with low miles to put a sweet motor into, move quickly before this thing gets expensive!
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car

PM sent . Wow this could be a great solution to my rusty body issues.

Thread Information