81 Supra PP 2JZ swap

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member

81 Supra PP 2JZ swap

I bought my 81 over a year ago, dang time fly's. I have been playing around with it a little bit here and there. I mounted the spoiler with new brackets, the stock ones are missing, and mounted the rear window louvers, makes it look a lot better. I cleaned up the wheels and plastidipped them bronze. They look a little better but I want 16's or 17's. I didn't like the chrome on the grille peeling so I remover all of the chrome and painted it all black. I also sand blasted and repainted the headlight buckets.

needs a dash pad

before and after sand blasting

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    I didn't get to spend much time on the supra with trying to build a desert truck, building and swapping a 7mgte into an 86 yota truck, rebuilding 3 22re's and a handful of other projects and flips I've been doing. But last week I got some free time to tear into my 2jz-ge and replace the plugs, dist which was damaged in the crash, power steering pulley and swap over to a Lexus gs300 front sump oil pan. I also ditched the a/c compressor. I bought a new serpentine belt tensioner puller and its too big by .25", got to return it and both of my engines have bad bearings on them so I found another engine with a good belt tensioner and bought the whole engine. Ohh and its an aristo 2JZ-GTE! Im going to slowly build it up for around 450hp and swap it and an R154 in later down the road once I get the suspension built.

spare parts lexus engine

damaged mk4 rear sump pan, a real pain to take off, 4 pieces

CelicaSupra.com Member
    And heres a pic of my desert truck, 87 Toyota 4wd frame, 22r with w55 2wd transmission, 4.56's spooled in the rear with 14" of travel, front 3" wider per side with 16" of travel on foa remote res coilovers, fully caged and takes 30ft jumps without any problems

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Pretty swank so far! Looking forward to more pics and write ups about the swap. I am researching options for doing a swaps in both my 81s but have never attempted anything like that before. I'd like to know how much of a headache it is using a 2jz vs an m-series.

I am about to sell a whole lot of 81 parts, including a maroon dash pad so keep your eye out for that post if you are interested.

CelicaSupra.com Member Manvir Brar's Avatar
    This looks really cool!
    - Manvir Brar

Smoke tires, not drugs.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member
    thanks, should be a 1 of a kind swap. I got the oil pan swap done, time to tear out the 5me, anyone looking for a cheap running 5me/w52?

cleaned up pan

CelicaSupra.com Member
    al buttoned up

the doner mk4, total wreck

CelicaSupra.com Member
    heres a few pics of the car before I start tearing it apart, plastidipped the stock wheels bronze a few months ago

CelicaSupra.com Member
    time to remove the underpowered boat anchor

needs some work here too

CelicaSupra.com Member
    I removed the boat anchor tonight, did some measuring and the oil pan will be perfect, the pass mt mount will be easy, but the drivers side mount is gonna be a pain, the oil filter housing is kind of in the way but I will make it work

drained the oil and checked clearances

and its out, need to do some cleaning...

this thing needs a new home

the new power plant, still need a new throwout bearing before I stab it in place.

the only 2 things that are gonna fight me, shifter is way back and might interfere with e-brake and electronic speed sensor, but marlin crawler makes an adaptor for this

Thread Information