81 Supra PP 2JZ swap - Page 9

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    CelicaSupra.com Member williamb82's Avatar
    They wont work worth a crap!
    william
    Hidden Content black 84 7mgte, MS2, truetrac, bbk, etc...soon to have 2jzgte and t56
    Hidden Content blue 85 beater
    Hidden Content black 86 triple weber 6m in the works!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Im going to take the car out for a spin this weekend and see how the mr2 struts do, should be a lot better than the worn out kyb's that were in there. I couldn't fint front rotors that fit the hubs I have, apparently mine aren't stock because the rotors I got from rock auto and orielys both are the same and don't fin my hub. so I kept the stock work out crap on there for now unltil I swap in the 300zx/mpv setup on after my 17" rotas show up. So I will have a new pair of stoptech rotors and napa brake pads for sale soon.

sits about 2" lower with the new setup. I cut down some jeep grand Cherokee coils for the rear, I didn't want to chop up my P-type coils.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    car feels great on the road, the rear coils are a little stiffer than the stock p type coils. I ordered those rotas 3 weeks ago and haven't seen them, so I cancelled the order and am converting to 5 lug and a bigger rear axle. Im going to swap in an 86 1/2 ton 2wd truck rear axle, 5 lug with an 8" diff with 3.07' gears. $250 at a local junkyard and I can swap in an mk3 lsd with those gears into a v6 4wd diff. then I can share wheels with the lexus. I also need to order a new clutch to get me through the summer, this one is shot and slips pulling into my driveway, any suggestions?

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    ive been a little side tracked on the supra build lately with destroying a front 3rd in my fj80 and buying a formula toy chassis

fj80 3rd that's seen better days

the formula toy back in 2010 competing in werock

and what it looks like now, was parted out in 2012

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Bought a set of 88 300zx hubs for the front 5 lug conversion, now I need some mk4 rotors for my mk4 front calipers and I will build some new caliper brackets and be less than $150 into my big brake/5 lug conversion in the front.

I'm new to this site...just read all 9 pages of this build...whatever happened to this! This karnage guy is amazing! Wish I had close to a fraction of the engineering knowledge that he has. I hope this was completed somehow.

Gee,I'm interested in the desert truck's suspension in front.
    Dave in Seattle. I keep LATE hours.Hidden Content
    '84 type "L" ,Auto ,daily driver. Dk blue.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    The supra is still alive and running good, need to upgrade the fuel system and get more parts to finish my 5 lug swap. The stock radiator also sucks, need a nice 3 core mishimoto radiator because it overheats on uphill cruises in the mountains. I did replace the clutch and had the flywheel turned too, went with a cheap ebay 6 puck unsprung disc, evry grabby, but doesn't slip like the stock clutch.

Thread Information