Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread

11K views 54 replies 15 participants last post by  lindseynicole 
#1 ·
We're pleased to announce that we have launched a new smartphone view on the site. This version has been designed to have a cleaner look, to fit really nicely into mobile (iPhone, Android) browsers, and unlike most normal web based skins will also include features that are normally reserved for desktop or phone applications. We built this as we realize you all spend more time today on your phones on the forum than you did 2 years ago, and we want to get the mobile view to a place where you can do everything (and more!) that you can do on desktop.

A few notes as I know many of you may have questions:

* This does not replace the free or paid in-apps that you have, such as any mobile apps. This is web-only.
* This new skin will only show when you access the site from a modern (Android 4+, iPhone) phone. It will not show for older phones or for tablets, blackberries or windows phones.
* Please give us some time as we work through bugs. Give it a try, give us feedback in our mobile thread url, and give it a chance. Every change needs time to get used to!​

If you visit the site from your mobile phone, you'll get the new view automatically. You can login, post, reply, upload photos, view your private messages and more. You can also use the legacy mobile view by choosing the top left menu and Exit Enhanced Mobile Mode.

The feedback thread for any bugs, etc, please post below.

**Please let use know the device, software version, and browser being used if reporting any issues.

Thanks!

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I also can no longer log in with tapatalk. Then when I do come to the website to see if there is an issue I get this mobile version.

Why is there no Celica Supra in the title pic? This is still very much a site devoted to the Celica Supra, unless I am incorrect.

Then, I don't get a full list of thread categories. So I'm not sure how to get to my build thread.

Really confused, and somewhat disappointed..

Samsung Galaxy S4, Google Chrome

#5 ·

Why is there no Celica Supra in the title pic? This is still very much a site devoted to the Celica Supra, unless I am incorrect.
And this picture in no way, shape or form properly represents this forum.

There should be a picture of a 1982-1985/6 MK2 Celica Supra.
- Not a FWD Celica.
- Not a Toyota concept car.
- Not a Toyota Corolla from Japan.
- Not a MK4 Supra in the background.

Please fix.

#4 · (Edited)
I'm taking a moment to edit this post... I'm spending a few more minutes at home to browse the site on my phone to get a better feel for how to navigate it. I must say, I do like the new look of the threads/posts on this mobile web version. BUT, this site was extremely easy to navigate and use through Tapatalk. And now it's not found when I search for it in the app.

WHY???

Samsung Galaxy S3, stock internet browser. Android version 4.4.2

You guys need to install Tapatalk back on this server. It's free for webmasters. And free for users. End of story.

#7 · (Edited)
Yeah, they at least have the correct version of Supra in the title pic...

I like the idea of a mobile app. Although, when there are already great apps such as Tapatalk out there. Especially ones that can utilize more than one forum. Why is there a need to rush an untested app out. There should be more time put into finding out exactly what the forum needs out of an app before the release.

Now, since it's out already, I'd like to ask that the aforementioned bugs are
resolved. As well, I'd like to see a good photo upload ability. Something that can take photos directly from my phone and populate a similarly defined version onto the website. Such as Tapatalk has in place.

Then, maybe a slightly longer list of thread category links. So that navigation of the site is easier. It would be nice to just click "Build up/Restoration" instead of circumnavigating the globe to find my build thread.

I appreciate the thought and work that goes into something like this, but you must understand that the folks here are used to someone who bleeds Celica Supra as much as we do running the site. Now that there has been a switch in control, its going to take some time before everyone is on board with the decisions the new admin makes.

Might I make a suggestion for the title pic?

Would it be possible to assemble a selection of draft pics and have the forum members vote on what they would like to see atop the app?

This would allow members to have more decision in the direction of the new app, and also possibly make them a bit more comfortable with it.

#8 ·
Hello everyone,

Thank you for the feedback and I will forward all of your mobile view concerns to the development team for future improvements as updates will be rolled out. If you don't mind, could all of you please provide me with a bit more information?

8055m4n, I will need the mobile device you are using along with your operating system and browser.

Something that can take photos directly from my phone and populate a similarly defined version onto the website. Such as Tapatalk has in place.
You should be able to post images from your saved photos file as attachments. Is that what you are referring to?

Would it be possible to assemble a selection of draft pics and have the forum members vote on what they would like to see atop the app?

This would allow members to have more decision in the direction of the new app, and also possibly make them a bit more comfortable with it.
I'm not quite sure if the voted images will be compatible with the program but I can ask them to change the image to something else like Supradavis' suggestion of a 1982-1985/6 MK2 Celica Supra.

~KM, community support

#10 ·
What is going on with Celicasupra.com being removed from Tapatalk?? When will you guys be reinstalling it for this site to be viewed through it??

Free for webmasters. Free for users. Win-win for everyone!

And I'm currently having issues viewing this forum on my Samsung Galaxy S3. Stock browser. Once I get to the forum homepage, it will not respond to any input or press of the screen on any forum header or anything.

Was sooooooo much easier on Tapatalk... :mofomad: :34:

#12 ·
Supradavis, does your whole screen freeze on the mobile view? Even the stock browser menu won't work?

~KM
It's hit or miss. It will lock up and not respond to any 'clicks' of a link or section tab in the CS.com site itself. The menu button at the bottom left of the phone will bring up the browser menu just fine. I had to go into my settings, clear the cache and force close the browser. After that, it seems to do ok. Until the next time...

BUT... The big question I've asked SEVERAL TIMES now just isn't getting an answer, and it's frustrating me...

WHAT ABOUT TAPATALK????

#16 ·
This forum is still accessible via tapatalk. I've made this
post via tapatalk on my iPad.

KM, community support

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Then why does it not come up when I search for it?

As I stated earlier... I did a factory reset on my phone, and now things are out of whack. I just figured you guys deleted Tapatalk from the CS.com server and are going to develop your own version like you stated you want to do on Supraforums.

#18 ·
Hey there,

Unfortunately if you have deleted the app or uninstalled it you cannot get it back. What I can do to you is see if we can add this site to our branded version app call autoguide. It has a similar feel to tapatalk.

Thank you so much :)

~ GP community support

#20 ·
I've got AZSupracentral.com & Supramania.com back on my Tapatalk login. Whaddya mean I can't get CS.com back?? And I'm able to view CS.com on Tapatalk, but it falls out of my user menu on the main Tapatalk screen. Apparently Tapatalk released a very poorly designed update.

sent from my Samsung GS3 on Tapatalk

#21 ·

PLEASE go with with Autoguide! I use Autoguide for another one of my internet forums I follow and barely have had any problems with it, I would love to see CS.com get on-board with Autoguide.

#22 ·
I have never tried tapatalk as I don't post much mobile but I do peruse mobile when I'm bored, and after trying to do so a few days ago and being presented with the new "mobile friendly" UI I noped right off the site and haven't checked how to make my phone identify as a regular browser yet. I found threads and posts more difficult to read and navigate on the new UI, but I hadn't even noticed the Celica Supra-less header image. :p

#30 ·
^^^This sucks.
The ad version is free. And the reviews keep sounding off about the amount of obnoxious pop-up ads.
Cost is $3.08 to buy the 'ad-free' version.

Tapatalk is free. And the ads don't pop-up in my face and make me close them to use the app.

If I pay to support this site through membership fees, I shouldn't have to pay to get the ad-free version of AutoGuide.

#29 ·
Personally to me this is no better than using the web view. Its really slow IMO even over WIFI. Can we just do something like corvetteforums has? Its not fancy looking, but it loads fast and uses the small screen better.

#31 ·
Since last being on the forum, I have deleted tapatalk. Which is a bit of a smack in the face since I had already purchased Tapatalk Pro (Unlimited picture hosting). And now I am back to posting pics through the website... Which means, I check the site once a week now (Was twice a day) and have yet to update my thread with pics due to the monotonous procedure of uploading to photobucket first.

I suppose when there is a properly functioning mobile version available, I'll be back with updates...

#33 ·
I work long hours, so I can only check the website when I am home. Which would be fine if my evenings weren't so busy. It's just nice to be able to use the Mobile versions when I am on the move. Makes for a more simplified experience.

#34 ·
wow, late to the party here, but I just can't get used to the slowness of the cellphone view. I went back to the web style view. I virtually stopped accessing the website via my phone because of the new style, at least until I could restore the regular web view.

Don L.

#35 ·
To throw it out there...

I DO NOT get the mobile view on my phone.
I've tried Opera and Chrome, have cleared cache in both...
I'm using
LG Volt
Android 4.4.X

I also can no longer get this forum through Tapatalk.
Was fine for the longest time, then it disappeared from my followed forums.
I could still find it for a while by manually searching, but now even that leads me no where...

As I like to have the forum handy on the go, and when I'm outside working on my car, it would be really nice to regain access.

#37 ·
I tried browsing the forums on my phone this weekend, the new mobile was not great for me on iOS with the latest chrome. I could just be an old fuddy duddy set in my ways though, just took a quick screenshot of show many tabs i open up to devour every thread i missed in the last 2 days since i browsed on my phone. My workflow is like this on pc: open forum, click "what's new" and middle click any thread that looks like i might be interested in even a little bit, then skim or read and reply if needed. IMO there is no way for a mobile view to do this for me...

#38 ·
I tried browsing the forums on my phone this weekend, the new mobile was not great for me on iOS with the latest chrome. I could just be an old fuddy duddy set in my ways though, just took a quick screenshot of show many tabs i open up to devour every thread i missed in the last 2 days since i browsed on my phone. My workflow is like this on pc: open forum, click "what's new" and middle click any thread that looks like i might be interested in even a little bit, then skim or read and reply if needed. IMO there is no way for a mobile view to do this for me...
I've been on this forum for over 10 yrs now, and this is the first time I ever clicked on the "What's New" tab! Don't know why I never did before, but THANK YOU for pointing it out! Now I won't have to spend 3 hrs browsing through all the various sections of the forum at home! You may have just made my wife's day!!! :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.