Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread

We're pleased to announce that we have launched a new smartphone view on the site. This version has been designed to have a cleaner look, to fit really nicely into mobile (iPhone, Android) browsers, and unlike most normal web based skins will also include features that are normally reserved for desktop or phone applications. We built this as we realize you all spend more time today on your phones on the forum than you did 2 years ago, and we want to get the mobile view to a place where you can do everything (and more!) that you can do on desktop.

A few notes as I know many of you may have questions:

* This does not replace the free or paid in-apps that you have, such as any mobile apps. This is web-only.
    * This new skin will only show when you access the site from a modern (Android 4+, iPhone) phone. It will not show for older phones or for tablets, blackberries or windows phones.
    * Please give us some time as we work through bugs. Give it a try, give us feedback in our mobile thread url, and give it a chance. Every change needs time to get used to!​

If you visit the site from your mobile phone, you'll get the new view automatically. You can login, post, reply, upload photos, view your private messages and more. You can also use the legacy mobile view by choosing the top left menu and Exit Enhanced Mobile Mode.

The feedback thread for any bugs, etc, please post below.

**Please let use know the device, software version, and browser being used if reporting any issues.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member Supradavis's Avatar
    I just didn't a hard reset on my Android phone yesterday. Am trying to load all the apps back onto it. Am having a hard time getting CS.com to come up in Tapatalk. Did you remove this from the site??

I also can no longer log in with tapatalk. Then when I do come to the website to see if there is an issue I get this mobile version.

Why is there no Celica Supra in the title pic? This is still very much a site devoted to the Celica Supra, unless I am incorrect.

Then, I don't get a full list of thread categories. So I'm not sure how to get to my build thread.

Really confused, and somewhat disappointed..

Samsung Galaxy S4, Google Chrome
    Last edited by Dustin; 12-14-2014 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Uploaded pic from desktop site.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

I'm taking a moment to edit this post... I'm spending a few more minutes at home to browse the site on my phone to get a better feel for how to navigate it. I must say, I do like the new look of the threads/posts on this mobile web version. BUT, this site was extremely easy to navigate and use through Tapatalk. And now it's not found when I search for it in the app.

WHY???

Samsung Galaxy S3, stock internet browser. Android version 4.4.2

You guys need to install Tapatalk back on this server. It's free for webmasters. And free for users. End of story.
    Last edited by Supradavis; 12-14-2014 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Added mobile device info
    Dave K.
    '92T - 346 rwhp / 441 rwtq
    '86P x2 - Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Admin - AZSupras.com

Quote Originally Posted by 8055m4n View Post

Why is there no Celica Supra in the title pic? This is still very much a site devoted to the Celica Supra, unless I am incorrect.
    And this picture in no way, shape or form properly represents this forum.

There should be a picture of a 1982-1985/6 MK2 Celica Supra.
    - Not a FWD Celica.
    - Not a Toyota concept car.
    - Not a Toyota Corolla from Japan.
    - Not a MK4 Supra in the background.

Please fix.
    Dave K.
    '86P x2 - Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Admin - AZSupras.com

Looks like Supraforums was one of the lab rats for this new mobile web view, and it wasn't received very well there either...

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...eedback-Thread
    Dave K.
    '86P x2 - Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Admin - AZSupras.com

Yeah, they at least have the correct version of Supra in the title pic...

I like the idea of a mobile app. Although, when there are already great apps such as Tapatalk out there. Especially ones that can utilize more than one forum. Why is there a need to rush an untested app out. There should be more time put into finding out exactly what the forum needs out of an app before the release.

Now, since it's out already, I'd like to ask that the aforementioned bugs are
    resolved. As well, I'd like to see a good photo upload ability. Something that can take photos directly from my phone and populate a similarly defined version onto the website. Such as Tapatalk has in place.

Then, maybe a slightly longer list of thread category links. So that navigation of the site is easier. It would be nice to just click "Build up/Restoration" instead of circumnavigating the globe to find my build thread.

I appreciate the thought and work that goes into something like this, but you must understand that the folks here are used to someone who bleeds Celica Supra as much as we do running the site. Now that there has been a switch in control, its going to take some time before everyone is on board with the decisions the new admin makes.

Might I make a suggestion for the title pic?

Would it be possible to assemble a selection of draft pics and have the forum members vote on what they would like to see atop the app?

This would allow members to have more decision in the direction of the new app, and also possibly make them a bit more comfortable with it.
    Last edited by Dustin; 12-15-2014 at 10:25 AM.
    -Dustin-
    1985 Celica Supra, 6mgte, 349whp/352tq at 16psi. Build Thread: Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the feedback and I will forward all of your mobile view concerns to the development team for future improvements as updates will be rolled out. If you don't mind, could all of you please provide me with a bit more information?

8055m4n, I will need the mobile device you are using along with your operating system and browser.

Something that can take photos directly from my phone and populate a similarly defined version onto the website. Such as Tapatalk has in place.
    You should be able to post images from your saved photos file as attachments. Is that what you are referring to?

Would it be possible to assemble a selection of draft pics and have the forum members vote on what they would like to see atop the app?

This would allow members to have more decision in the direction of the new app, and also possibly make them a bit more comfortable with it.
    I'm not quite sure if the voted images will be compatible with the program but I can ask them to change the image to something else like Supradavis' suggestion of a 1982-1985/6 MK2 Celica Supra.

~KM, community support

I had actually put that info at the end of the first post...

But my phone details are:

Samsung Galaxy S4
    SCH-I545
    Android 4.4.2
    Google Chrome
    -Dustin-
    1985 Celica Supra, 6mgte, 349whp/352tq at 16psi. Build Thread: Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

What is going on with Celicasupra.com being removed from Tapatalk?? When will you guys be reinstalling it for this site to be viewed through it??

Free for webmasters. Free for users. Win-win for everyone!

And I'm currently having issues viewing this forum on my Samsung Galaxy S3. Stock browser. Once I get to the forum homepage, it will not respond to any input or press of the screen on any forum header or anything.

Was sooooooo much easier on Tapatalk...
    Dave K.
    '86P x2 - Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Admin - AZSupras.com

Thread Information