Rear axle noise from lowered suspension? - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    CelicaSupra.com Member battleaxe's Avatar
    the sears catalog WAS called the wish book during the christmas time.
    when i first started to modify my car, i was lucky enough to be in the internet age...when all i had to chose from was japanese parts. i often woulnd't see my purchase for several weeks, and also being canadian. then some american and chinese companies came along and here we are. i dont mind waiting as i wait for my japanese parts from japan for typically a month or 2.
    my issue with weir and t3 and xm come from their lack luster quality control and failure of parts. the MKII from t3s standpoint works because some stuff from the ae86 crosses over and they actually work. my biggest problem with t3 is some of their in house machine work and how poorly they were made, as well as their lack of R&D on their "0" ackerman knuckles they made for some cars.

all of this being said, im fortunate enough to have friends in many different fields who can help make pieces that dont exist, especially for these old cars. but comparing marginal parts to fine dining is silly, especially if theres alternatives even if you have to ask. i had spoken to alex at battle version and he was gung ho on making some parts because several ae86 things cross over, or might need to be extended.

all that being said, theres next to no market for these cars, and most who own them restore them, or go full resto mod. very few bother doing any racing with them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

I guess the only significant disagreement we have is the perceived quality of the manufactured parts by this companies discussed. For that, I guess everyone has different experiences. I personally am very satisfied with the parts I have purchased from Weir, Technotoy, Driftmotion, and I'll throw Raptor in there too. Being extremely small businesses, they can be hard to reach, slow to respond, not have all the modern electronic means of communication and ordering. That's ok with me, I just wait best I can, not much options. The only thing that really irritates me are the few businesses (really just a single person), that up and just disappear. Take the money, don't send the parts, no refund. Come on, those are the situations we should be pissing on.

CelicaSupra.com Member battleaxe's Avatar
    i can agree to that last statement 100%

Thread Information