Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

The "Official" Paint Code/Pictures Thread

110K views 128 replies 45 participants last post by  rexgo 
#1 · (Edited)
Thanks to Tanya M. who put together the pictures of MKII's w/ their corresponding paint codes in the Picture Forum, I have put together a listing of the available paint codes that came on the MKI's & MKII's. Please keep in mind that the paint code list is still incomplete, I also have a listing of the paint codes that I'm still looking for & need to get verified.

A few things to remember:

1. We are using the "paint names" that came directly from the US Spec Sales Brochures, and not any other "Toyota" related names. A. No names from the Canadian Brochures, or any other color names that would be outside of North America. The US Spec brochures are what I used as reference materials. B. We are not using names that are Lexus paint colors (example: 8B4 is listed in the brochures as Dark Blue Metallic, while in "some other cases" (ie: Lexus lingo), it's listed as Midnight Blue Metallic). So please don't get me started on this.... Same for Code 3F2 Super Deep Red. In the Canadian brochures, it's listed as Royal Red. Don't know about other countries.

2. The code list, is listed in "matching or similiar paint code groupings" rather than by paint codes for each year. If someone wants me to have another list posted for each year, please let me know.

3. For those paint codes that are still missing... Again, PLEASE don't use the code listings that are over at www.paintscratch.com. There have already been a few cases where their information is incorrect. I want true verification from your firewall data plate as to what your paint code says.

4. For the newbies.... PLEASE check the "missing" paint code list, before telling me your firewall code. As stated in the past, we currently have everything listed that possibly came on all of the P-Type cars, I am still looking for a few paint codes that only came on L-Type's & MKI's.

This is what I currently have listed for paint codes/names.

028 = White (79)
033 = White (80 - 81)
035 = Super White (82 - 84)
040 = Super White (85 - 86)

125 = Silver Metallic Clearcoat (80 - 81)
128 = Silver Metallic (79)
135 = Taupe Gray (80 - 81)
141 = Haze Gray (83)
150 = Super Silver (84 - 86)

202 = Gloss Black (82-86)
292 = Two-tone Black Metallic/Silver Metallic (80)
297 = Two-tone Black Metallic/Silver Metallic (81)
299 = Two-tone Red/Gloss Black (82)
2A3 = Two-tone Deep Red/Beige Metallic (81)
2B8 = Two-tone Silver Gray Metallic/Dark Gray Metallic (82) AND Two-tone Haze Gray Metallic/Gray Metallic (83)
2K7 = Two-tone Rose Gray/Mahogany (83)
2P3 = Two-tone Light Blue/Dark Blue (84)
2P4 = Two-tone Deep Maroon/Mahogany (84)
2U4 = Two-tone Dark Blue/Super Silver (85)

372 = Red Metallic (80)
395 = Red Metallic (81)
3C2 = Mahogany Metallic (83)
3C7 = Rose Gray Metallic (83)
3D1 = Super Red (82 - 84)
3A1 = Red Metallic (82)
3A7 = Terra Cotta (82 - 83)
379 = Deep Maroon/Maroon (84 - 86)
3F2 = Super Deep Red (85-86)

464 = Beige Metalllic (79)
474 = Copper Metallic (79-80)
4A4 = Beige Metallic (81)
4A5 = Beige Metallic (82)
4D3 = Camel Metallic (84)

6A5 = Black Metallic Clear Coat (81)
6A8 = Black Metallic (79 - 81)

861 = Light Blue Metallic (79 - 80)
888 = Light Blue Metallic (81)
889 = Light Blue Metallic Clear Coat (82)
894 = Light Blue Metallic Clear Coat (84, all models & 85 L-Type only)
896 = Dark Blue Metallic (83)
8B4 = Dark Blue Metallic (84-86)

The following paint codes I am still trying to get verification on. If your L-Type or MKI has this paint color/paint scheme, PLEASE send me a PM.

1979: Please send me ANYTHING you have, except for White, Copper Metallic, Beige Metallic, Silver Metallic, Black Metallic and the Light Blue Metallic. The 79 US Sales Brochure does not list ANY paint names... Nice huh...

1980:
None needed.

1981:
None Needed.

1982:
Silver Grey Metallic (L-Type)

1983:
None needed.

1984:
None needed (Thanks Archie!!)

1985:
None needed (Thanks bklynsupraman!!)

1986:
None needed (Thanks Archie!!)

These are the pictures of MKII's with their corresponding paint codes that Tanya put together for us.

Code 150; Super Silver (Pedro's)

Code 8B4; Dark Blue Metallic (unknown owner)

Code 379; Maroon (falconindy's)

Code 2U4; Dark Blue/Super Silver (DanMac's)

Code 2P4; Mahogany/Deep Maroon (Adnan's)

Code 202; Gloss Black (sold?)

Code 040; Super White (SupraWes')

Code 3F2; Super Deep Red (Moorman's)

Code 3D1; Super Red (cweckel2000's)

Code 3A7; Terra Cotta (Stephen's)

Code 2B8; Silver Gray Metallic/Dark Gray Metallic (Slip's)

Code 2P3; Light Blue/Dark Blue Metallic (Malibyte's)

Code 896; Dark Blue Metallic (SupraDOHC's)

Code 889; Light Blue Metallic (unknown)

Code 299; Super Red/Gloss Black (Tanya's)

Code 2K7; Rose Gray/ Mahogany

Code 3A1; Red Metallic (CelicaXX/Bill Loeffler)

Code 125; Silver Metallic (Cjsredpra)

Code 474; Copper Metallic (Cjsredpra)

Code 033; White (Poormansupra)

Code 135: Taupe Gray (kimnieves)

Code 297: Black Metallic/Silver Metallic with the Performance Package Option. (Russ @ Club4AG.com forums)

Code 2A3: Deep Red/Beige Metallic (for sale in Barrie, Ontario, Canada)

If anyone else has anymore paint codes to contribute, or some good clear pictures, please send me a PM. Thanks.

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes, Mike... One of these days you will have this ---> :lol_hitt: and a :bitchsla: coming to you... :p

#4 ·
Yea I remember when you posted this and all I asked was how many combos there were for maroon interior!!! And if you factor in the black and blue interiors....get me an asprin now! :doh:

Well, lets see....

Off hand, I can think of 5 - 6 possible Maroon interiors that were available. This is what is popping into my head at the moment.

1. Maroon Cloth. L-Type seats for the 84. (came in either the L-Type or P-Type cars). Don't know the trim code.

2. Maroon Leather. L-Type seats for the 84 (came in either the L-Type or P-Type cars). Don't know the trim code.

3. Maroon Cloth. P-Type seats for the 84 (has the loud stripe pattern for the inserts). Code YS34.

4. Maroon Cloth. P-Type seats for the 85/86 (has the cloth weave pattern for the inserts). Code GR35

5. Maroon Leather. P-Type seats for the 84/86 (having seen a 84 P-Type Maroon Leather interior, it's looks identical to mine, except for the trim code (LG34 vs. LG35). Still trying to figure out the difference between the 2).

6. Maroon Cloth. L-Type seats for the 85 L-Type's. Not sure if they are the same seats as the 84's, I need to compare trim codes. 85's are Code GQ35

Hope this is the information you are looking for!!

#101 ·
hey Tanya, the dark blue II on your web site, what paint code is it? That is my car's color which I will be repainting soon. thanks, send me a PM so that I can save it to my profile :thumbsup:

#6 ·
nice job folks, thanks for the hard work...

i never noticed how GOOD the Code 2P4; Mahogany/Deep Maroon looks.... wow... repaint time is coming soon, maybe i will have to consider this.

#7 ·
dogstar said:
nice job folks, thanks for the hard work...

i never noticed how GOOD the Code 2P4; Mahogany/Deep Maroon looks.... wow... repaint time is coming soon, maybe i will have to consider this.
NO! 2B8 FOR LIFE! i REALLY want to see some more examples of the two-tone L-type mahogany... that just looks so ugly/cool!

#11 ·
#12 ·
Tanya,

Link is not working. Getting error message saying the picture is not in Photobucket for either picture.

Yeah, the one for the Rose Gray L-Type in the UK stopped working a couple of months ago. Thanks for adding this in!!!

#14 ·
Hrmmm..... Now it works.... I'm confused..... :p

Anywho, I changed the links to the 1st posting on page 1, and now both work. (shrug).

#16 ·
Oh joy....

Tanya,

The pics you originally posted in the "pictures" thread that I used here, are not working.... Photobucket is telling me that bandwidth usage is exceeded....

And I'm willing to bet that it has something to do with that "ASSHAT" that hosed our bandwith here earlier this week. Hopefully the pictures will be working again soon.

Otherwise..... Free bump from me.... Can anyone else here help me w/ the missing paint codes that I'm still looking for, to finish this?????

#20 · (Edited)
Note to Dogstar,

Mine is a 2P4 exterior with the YS34 interior. My paint job is shot but it will be repainted to the exact same scheme this summer. Note that the fender flares are painted the same color as the lower body.
(I wish I could find the maroon with striped center cloth seats with good bottom cushions and center back cushion to replace my faded & well worn ones. If any one has any leads please pm me. I am in South Carolina.)

EDIT Dec. 11th 2008, STILL LOOKING FOR REALLY GOOD FRONT SEAT CLOTH AND DOOR PANELS. The car is repainted and is shown below.

#24 ·
DAMN!!!!! :facesjump :dj_smiley

Nice charts!!!! Thanks for adding this in, much appreciated!!!!!

Black Onyx needs to be changed to Gloss Black. This is the name that is listed in all of the brochures (and I do have 98% of the US Spec Brochures).

You also need to add in all of the 2-Tone colors/codes.

I'll look over the rest of this later tonight after work for any other descrepancy's. For the MKI's, I noticed that they started using "clearcoat's" in the 81 model year, but not 79 - 80.

Mike: 2P4 Maroon/Deep Mahogany was a 84 only color. From what I can tell, all of the 2-Tone's listed were 1 year only combo's.

#25 ·
Here's the thing.... I built a database for all this stuff.... I just plug in the color code and year, and the script I wrote builds the charts. Toyota now calls 202 Black Onyx... and has been doing that for years. So I guess we are going to have to live with it until I can figure out a way to have the same color code called by different names on different models.

For now I am just going to lump the two-tones into the primary color (upper color code)... but I will revisit this when I figure out a good way to seperate the two-tone cars in the system.

Thanks for the compliments!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.