Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

[OPEN] Advan Carbon Fiber MK2 Hatch Group Buy

67K views 271 replies 43 participants last post by  Funkycheeze 
#1 · (Edited)
APPROVED BY: ME
------------------------------------------------------------------
NAME: Raptor Racing
EMAIL: george@raptorracing.com (BEST way to contact me)
LOCATION: US orders shipping from NY. International Please email me for shipping Information
------------------------------------------------------------------

ITEM: Advan Carbon Fiber MK2 Hatch
GROUP BUY START DATE: June 15, 2015
GROUP BUY END DATE: June 30, 2015
NUMBER OF PARTS AVAILABLE FOR GROUP BUY: 30

Kit Details

All the details you'll need are in the specific link's here

In order for this group buy to go through we’ll need to sell 30 hatches. If this doesn’t happen I will refund everyone’s money. This will probably be one of the only times we will be able to get a hatch made, if we can’t get the numbers here then likely nobody else will take us serious.

Ordering and Payment Information

All orders must go through the website linked above, all pricing is in USD. The price you pay does not include shipping, we don’t have shipping quotes but for Continental USA bank for $200 even though it should be cheaper. Shipping Invoices will be sent out when it’s time to ship. All orders are will be on a first pay first ship basis.

There are 100% NO refunds, this is a HUGE project that takes a LOT of money to make it work. IF you have something that comes then it’s up to you to sell your hatch privately. We will not be able to entertain any requests for refunds…once the order goes in it’s in.

Canadian Customers pay sales tax calculated Automatically by the shopping cart on the site….there are some glitches with the site and some Canadians aren’t charged tax. You will be asked to send that prior to shipping. There is NO tax for US Customers.

Canadian Shipping rates are too difficult to determine. We can do what we did last time and ship them all to Buffalo and get them from there and ship from Toronto. If US Shipping is $200/hatch then Canadians need to expect to pay at least double that. You know that I will do everything I can to make it a LOT less but we really have no way of accurately guessing.

Timeline

Advan approached me today and advised that we have a VERY short window to get this done, that is why there was no warning. Material pricing goes up 5-8% in July and they have very large and time consuming project then too. So folks it’s now or next year some time.

Advan has said that if they get payment VERY soon then they can go through a production run by the end of July. If it takes us longer to get the numbers then there will be delays for sure, but we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it.

June 16th Update

Ok folks, I've had 24hrs to ponder how to help get this going as I know it's an impossible mission but I really want to see this done so here is a small update:

• First 17 paid get a free hatch decal in the color of their choice. After 17 paid each customer who needs a sticker will have to order it off the site. I know it's not much but it's something.
  • After I have 17 people who have paid in full I will allow people to send in $300 by the deadline and they will have to send $540+ shipping when these are ready to ship. Yes it's more than $799 but I'll have to front a lot of the money for people that choose this option. For those that have already paid you can still do this...just remember: if I don't get 17 hatches paid in FULL this will NOT happen now and I myself will never attempt this for a LONG time.
  • Disclaimer for the above: If you do not send in the remainder when I need this means you are forcing me to pay for it. The fees to get your hatch will increase dramatically so please considering this option carefully. I'm offering this as I know the timelines are tight and I'm trying to help. That being said I can not be stuck paying while people try to gather the funds.

As always any questions just let me know!!

Payments and Drilling Options Selected (Keyhole/Wiper Arm/Washer Jet)

1. Raptor Racing (Canada)
2. Gamble A. (N/N/N) **DELIVERED**
3-4 Chadrick L. (Y/N/N) **DELIVERED**
5. Steve T. (Canada) (Y/Y/Y)
6. James M. (Y/N/N) **DELIVERED**
7. Leon W. (Y/N/N) **SHIPPED**
8. Travis J. (N/N/N) **DELIVERED**
9. Don L. (Y/N/N) **DELIVERED**
10. Raj S. (Canada) (Y/N/N)
11. Dan D. (Y/Y/N) **DELIVERED**
12. Kit P. (N/N/N) **DELIVERED**
13. Timothy M. (Y/Y/N) **DELIVERED**
14. Patrick B. (Canada) (Y/N/N)
15. Dean L (Canada) (Y/N/N)
16. Paul C. (Y/N/N)**DELIVERED**
17-18. David H. (Y/Y/Y) **DELIVERED**
19. Lucas G **Partial Payment** (Y/N/N) **DELIVERED**
20. Joshua C. **Partial Payment** (Y/N/N) **PICKED UP**
21. Anthony G **Product Tester** (Y/N/N) **PICKED UP**
22. Robert B. (N/N/N) **DELIVERED**
23. Cam W. (N/N/N) **DELIVERED**
24. Robert H (N/N/N) **SHIPPED**
25. Nathaniel S. (Y/N/N) **SHIPPED**
26. Tim S. (Y/Y/Y) **DELIVERED**
27. Evan K. (Y/Y/Y) **DELIVERED**
28. Brian G.(Y/N/N) (N/N/N)
29. William M. (N/N/N) **SHIPPED**
30. Carlos R. (N/Y/N) **SHIPPED**
31. Steve M. (Y/Y/N)
32. James K. **Custom Maroon Paint :zzzzz:*(N/N/N) **SHIPPED**
33. Mike B.
34. James M

See less See more
#244 ·
Mine has arrived.
thanks George.

#245 ·
Arrived today

#247 ·
IFAIK yes the celica & supra hatches are the same
will

#251 ·
Dean;

I'm sorry I know it's been a while, believe me neither myself or Advan were ignoring this issues. Advan has had some complications with all the fires going on in California but they've assured me that they are back on track but need some time to get this going. I can appreciate for us Canucks it's been a long time but the logistics of sending almost a dozen hoods and hatches is a lot more complex that I can get into. I promise now to come in with weekly updates whether I have anything to report or not. Sorry guys and thanks soooo much for your patience, I hope when you get your products you'll agree it was worth the wait.

#263 ·
I've seen a couple of them, and they're fabulous, along with the CF hoods and sunroof panel.

Out of my budget, but great work by the fabricator, and of course George for herding all the cats, and making it all happen!

- Jim

#266 ·
Paying it forward for anyone looking for hatch struts for your carbon hatch. I picked up these 60lb. units and work perfect. A little extra lifting height too. Picked up new 4 new M8x1.25mm ball studs (part# H93607AW) for the install as well.

-Dan
Dan...you are THE man!! Thanks so much for sharing. Are you using their struts for your hood too?

PS...love the raptor sticker in the quarter glass on the 1st pix :zzzzz:

#268 ·
Putting in an order! Thank you for the part numbers. I like the idea, God forbid, a latch comes free that the strut will help hold down a hood hopefully until you can get stopped. Then again, I need to install the Aerocatch's....but the size of that hole you have to cut in the hood....sigh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.