[OPEN] Advan Carbon Fiber MK2 Hatch Group Buy - Page 3

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member project supra's Avatar
    I am in paid full and a hatch glass seal! Thanks George! I put it in the comments on the order that I would like no wiper or washer nozle holes but forgot to add no key hole. So no drilled holes in mine please . So excited for this. Thanks so much for putting the time and effort into everything you do!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Not sure when I would be able to use the hatch, but seems like a great item to add to my parts closet!

Just paid in full for hatch and seal. This really seems like a one time opportunity so I'm gonna support it and the major effort put forth by George.

Thanks George!

Don L.

It goes with out saying that the disclaimer is required. Thanks for that.

It sounds like about $1,000 shipped to the States',so far.
    We have how many commited?
    George is the MAN.

This project has been going on for HOW many years?
    I don't want to miss this ONCE in our lifetime chance at this,but I may let it pass on by.
    I really want to see one,please. Did I miss the early photos? Am I really out of the loop that much?
    Jeez,a little help from the old guy,please.
    Dave in Seattle. I keep LATE hours.Hidden Content
    '84 type "L" ,Auto ,daily driver. Dk blue.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member supraholic's Avatar
    We're up to 11 confirmed. I just placed the order!

Anyone know where I can get a pre-'85 hatch spoiler? I guess I better start the search now!!

CelicaSupra.com Member supraholic's Avatar
    ...or better yet, let's have some carbon ones made to match the hatch!

That would take another four years! Haha
    Chadrick
    Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; 2007 Tundra CrewMax TRD Supercharged; Hidden Content ; 1967 VW Beetle (Her Classic)
    Hidden Content

Honestly the sunshades are already fg and fairly light, wouldn't be hard to get a local place to wrap it in cf i imagine. Black on top of the cf wouldn't be too bad looking though i bet...

CelicaSupra.com Member eightsixxmkII's Avatar
    Needed some body work done to my car, but since this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, the body work/paint can be on hold.

It's a DONE deal. Paid in full! Thanks George!
    Hidden Content
    05 Scion Tc: Sold. Mpg will be missed.
    85 P: New project. No motor/trans.
    86 P Super Deep Red (Cali Car):7mgte/w58.
    98 4runner Sr5: Daily driver. Parts/dead car hauler.
    96 Avalon: New daily.

Quote Originally Posted by supraholic View Post
    Wow...count me in. I'll order through the site ASAP.

George--maybe you should send a direct email to all the CF hood buyers? I'm guessing they'd be interested in the hatch too; a matching set.

Even though I have an '85 spoiler, I actually prefer the pre-'85 style spoiler. This hatch would allow me to source one and install it no? Or does my glass need to be pre-'85 too?

Great job as usual George putting this buy together. Fingers crossed!

-Dan
    That's a great idea Dan, I'll dig up those orders and send out an email to the hood group buy participants. I'll wait a week as most of the people on this paid list bought CF Hooods.

In terms of the glass, someone please correct me if I'm wrong but the glass used on the 82-84 Sunshade is drilled out...the 85+ glass isn't drilled out is it?

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Glass is the same, you'd still need a new seal for it though. I'm planning on running this wingless and wiperless. The only way i'd drill into this thing is if i got a pre 85 style made up in cf, or at least wrapped to match... As long as you have templates for the older sunshade you should be able to put one on no problem.
    As stated everyone will need a new glass seal, Advan would not even start this project till I proved that seals were available. Those who choose to use a 30 year old seal on their $1000 hatch do so at their own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by project supra View Post
    I am in paid full and a hatch glass seal! Thanks George! I put it in the comments on the order that I would like no wiper or washer nozle holes but forgot to add no key hole. So no drilled holes in mine please . So excited for this. Thanks so much for putting the time and effort into everything you do!
    I will follow up with everyone when the order goes in. Those who want undrilled holes need to be aware that as i said the hatch used to make the mold has the holes there so there will be an "imperfection" where the hole is in the production CF units..

Quote Originally Posted by ddd228 View Post
    It goes with out saying that the disclaimer is required. Thanks for that.

It sounds like about $1,000 shipped to the States',so far.
    We have how many commited?
    George is the MAN.

This project has been going on for HOW many years?
    I don't want to miss this ONCE in our lifetime chance at this,but I may let it pass on by.
    I really want to see one,please. Did I miss the early photos? Am I really out of the loop that much?
    Jeez,a little help from the old guy,please.
    All the info on those committed is in the first post and constantly changing so there is no point in me re-posting here. There are no photos of the product, in order to get photo's they need to make a mold...in order make a mold they need 30 units sold. So if we want it we have to get it without seeing it...or wait till someone makes one out of the kindness of their hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by supraholic View Post
    ...or better yet, let's have some carbon ones made to match the hatch!
    Hahaha...funny!! I did ask Advan that those will actually cost the same or more than the actual hatch, as Gamble said not worth it considering the factory units are light enough and pretty indestructible.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorRacing View Post
    In terms of the glass, someone please correct me if I'm wrong but the glass used on the 82-84 Sunshade is drilled out...the 85+ glass isn't drilled out is it?
    I have some '84 rear glass in storage - i can confirm that there is a hole drilled into it for the high spoiler centre support.
    --
    tstefan
    Hidden Content

Thread Information