5MGTE Guide with Microsquirt - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Agreed CLTOY, and thank you for your response and information.

I have much to learn about about building up my Supra, probably most important of which is good forum etiquette, if I want any help from you vets. I will start a new thread about my build and try to erase my last post from this one.

One question I think may still apply to this thread and is to flyjum (or anyone else with experience or knowledge of the microsquirt)- can it support 6amps worth of injectors?

Thanks,
    supra-man77

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

No need to erase....just leave it. All six injectors don't fire at once, right?
    Chadrick
    Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; 2007 Tundra CrewMax TRD Supercharged; Hidden Content ; 1967 VW Beetle (Her Classic)
    Hidden Content

Yes, that's right but the microsquirt site says this- No pulse width modulation (PWM) to limit injector current. The fuel injector drives will max out at 5 amps each, enough to drive one low-impedance (or 4 high-impedance) injector per bank. To get everything to fit without lots of heat sinking, MicroSquirt® uses the ST VND5N07 from STMicroelectronics to drive the injectors. This is not a 'peak and hold' driver, but it does clamp the current at 5 amps, so it can be used with one low-impedance injector per bank, however the close time may be a tad higher (or you can use resistors). For up to 4 high-impedance injectors per bank, it should work fine. For example, for motorcycle use MicroSquirt® will be perfect!-

So that is why I ask,

Thanks again for your respose

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member Manvir Brar's Avatar
    supra-man77

you asked on my thread but i figured i might aswell post it here. These are the injectors flyjum and I used,
    the technical data is in there. I never tested them with a multimeter on the car when i had it running, but it says they take 1 amp.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/231459913890?rmvSB=true
    - Manvir Brar

Smoke tires, not drugs.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

OK perfect as those where the ones I was looking at!

Thanks so much for your reply

flyjum, or would anyone else be able to expand on this point? "Late year 5mge early years will work fine as well but you will need some of the later year parts"

I am working with an 82 5mge but also have complette 83 and 85 parts cars.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by supra-man77 View Post
    flyjum, or would anyone else be able to expand on this point? "Late year 5mge early years will work fine as well but you will need some of the later year parts"

I am working with an 82 5mge but also have complette 83 and 85 parts cars.

Thanks
    You really want a later style 4 wire TPS with full range, the early ones are basically a switch that tell the ecu if the throttle is close or not.

You also want the 83+ distributor, the 82 is vac advance old school stuff.

Thread Information