5MGTE Guide with Microsquirt - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Nice work as always. Will microsquirt do map blending?
    Not sure if it will do map blending I do see the options on the tunerstudio but not sure if the ECU has the hardware for it.
    MS3pro has blended maps I think normal MS3 might as well.

I think how it is done on most megasquirt v2 or microsquirt setups is via percent fuel and spark in degrees
    Flex fuel sensor works in a range of 50hz to 150hz and the ECU will know what percent ethanol the fuel is based on that frequency
    So say if you wanted to run pump gas on the E85 tune you can tell it to multiply the fuel by say .70 and pull 5 degrees of timing depending on the hz reading.
    Or
    If you had a pump gas tune and wanted to run e85 you can have it multiple the fuel table by 1.30 and add 5 degrees

It normally would work off a curve not simple one of the other like above. Most E85 is not actually 85% ethanol it normally between 70 and 85%
    Normal gas now is 10% ethanol which it needs to know that as well as the hz wont be 50 it might be more like 59 or 65 for pump gas
    These numbers are guesses for now because I have not installed the sensor. Once I get it working right Ill post up the settings I used
    5MGTE CT26 Microsquirt E85
    Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Looking forward to the flex fuel update. Thank you.
    Chadrick
    Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; 2007 Tundra CrewMax TRD Supercharged; Hidden Content ; 1967 VW Beetle (Her Classic)
    Hidden Content

I'm not familiar with turbo's, but appreciate all the work and documentation you did. Great job!
    Tom - 83 P-Type, 5 spd, Terra Cotta, 110K, Chicago
    15 Accord EX-L V6
    97 528i, 110k..sold
    91 CRX.Si..114K
    84 Supra.P.125k..sold
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Flex fuel setup
    So this is how it works with a GM(Continental) sensor.

Stock GM sensor runs 50hz for pure gasoline(0%) and 150hz for pure ethanol(100%).
    Fuel multiplier% multiplies the injector pulse width. This will increase the amount of fuel or decrease it based on ethanol percent.
    Timing addition is how much timing is added or subtracted in degrees not percent. This is on a curve like the fuel Do not set both to negative my car started showing 80 degrees advanced
    Baseline percent ethanol is whatever ethanol percent your fuel is on the tune. So for people running pump gas(e10) it will be around 10%. If the gas is pure set it to 0%
    Mine was a reading 70% on the sensor so I set it at that. Most e85 is between 70% and 85% depending on season
    It will say what your percent is when you set it up. You need to add the ethanol percent gauge to the dashboard in tunerstudio to see it.
    Fallback settings are if the sensor fails it should be really rich with no timing addition to be safe.

As far as reducing boost based on flex fuel input you can do that but I think it is a paid only with tunerstudio.
    Or it might be a MS3Pro only feature as it is greyed out on my version. It could also be I need to set my boost control to advanced setup with PID settings.
    Ill look more into that later. I plan on running e85 almost always. The flex fuel will just be so I can get home if I happen to run out of fuel somewhere.
    5MGTE CT26 Microsquirt E85
    Hidden Content

Love this build I'm in the process of getting my microsquirt ordered

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk
    85 mk2 5mge (gonna get that t in there!!)

Didn't see this as sticky yet. Bumping this thread back to the top as it is full of win!
    Chadrick
    Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; 2007 Tundra CrewMax TRD Supercharged; Hidden Content ; 1967 VW Beetle (Her Classic)
    Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member supra_toy's Avatar
    subscribed

CelicaSupra.com Member Manvir Brar's Avatar
    Dude this is fuckin awesome, bookmarked and will reference again in may-ish once I'm out of school for the year and have a job so I can finally slap my turbo on the 6M! The computer stuff was the main reason it's not already turboed but this will make that lot easier, thank you!
    - Manvir Brar

Smoke tires, not drugs.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member amir_zwara's Avatar
    Whoa, didn't realize OP was local... hello there, so when can I come check this bad boy out?

CelicaSupra.com Member
    great write up. i may have missed it, but what did you do or calculations did you run to figure out the base ignition table? Also, why microsquirt instead of the full ms2/ms3? I look forward to your response

Thread Information