85 Black Supra 81K Original Miles Leather Garage stored for 14+ years due broken rod

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member Snake2715's Avatar

85 Black Supra 81K Original Miles Leather Garage stored for 14+ years due broken rod

SOLD Deposit taken
    Pending pickup 11/2

Thanks for looking.

**POST 9 & 10 BELOW have updated pictures 10/11/15**

Contact me:
    PM me on this site
    Email Snake2715 at Hotmail.com
    Call or text 517-980-038 five

Asking 3500.

Ok somewhat quickly put together ad. I will be happy to answer questions. Selling due to lack of time and basically want the space back. I prefer to have someone here on the board get it rather than drop it on craigslist.

I have had this car in my garage since 2002. Prior to that the owner had it in her barn. This is the exact supra that made me fall in love with them. It was a school teachers at my high school. He had a heart attack and his wife (in her late 50's at the time) had the engine go out. I have not disassembled the lower end of the motor to find the cause myself, but believe it to be a rod. I offered her to buy the car twice and initially she said no, 4 years later she sold it to me. Its been on jack stands in my garage for ~13+ years. Too many other hobbies and interests. Bottom line I never finished what I started. I still have my Primary 84 Supra and this was a side project.

A few members of this board who are no longer very active have seen the car. (82SPearco/CZtoy, SupraFanatic, etc). I was a member of the old yahoo groups as well.

The motor is here it had a broken rod I believe. The trans is here as well.
    Interior is excellent condition grey leather, carpet is new. Everything electronic works (headlights, horn, moon roof, windows, locks etc) I had tested it all before pulling the motor. No mice or other vermin. All parts are here and sitting with the motor or intact on the car.

The paint is in good condition. It has been in my garage either covered or uncovered for that entire time. In 2004 we pulled the engine with plans to drop my other 5mge into it and upgrade my 84 to a 7MGTE. Thats where a new career, less than stellar marriage and other interests took over.

These are a variety of picture of the car some recent and some older. I am going to hopefully get it out to get the dust off of it and get fresh pictures soon. I work 10-12 hours throughout the weekdays so my time is limited to weekends. I can likely accommodate an interested party however and come home from work to meet someone wanting the car.

The bad:
    - I have only 3 rims with bad tires. My rims and tires went to help out someone else's supra and never returned. I have taken 3 of 4 from another supra, so someone interested needs to bring some rims if possible.

The engine is blown or seized I don't have the details as to what exactly, likely a rod. It will come with the car, if wanted.

There was a little paint flaking on the lower drivers side of the bumper. I can get more pictures of this in the next weekend or so. Its not severe but there. Again lower of the front bumper. No dents in the panels etc. Its not a beat up car. Literally been stored unsprung with me for almost 14 years now, and has been stored inside for almost 20 years combined.

The good:
    Low miles, literally 81k original.
    Clear Green Title
    Clean Car Fax, not sure how that works on older cars but its sitting here last registered in 1994.

No visible rust. Fog lights are clear, glass is good, paint is good, electronics work, interior is very very nice, not sun weathered on the inside or outside. There are no broken vents on the inside and the plastic trim above the headlights is not broken.

The transmission was drained and had a new filter put in and gasekt on the pan. Its mounted to my 5mge engine from my 84 sitting on a stand, but my 5mge is not going with this car, this transmission can be figured in of course so I will detach my motor from it.

I believe I have two keys to the car but we do have at least one.

Basically hoping someone here gets the car and drops a motor into it and posts all about it. I am remarried as of this year and at 36 realizing I have about a year more and will start to have children. I realistically wont get to this car for any foreseeable future. I have my 84 and have spent this last year or so downsizing my allotment of toys and side projects and this is part of that culling. Someone else that will spend the time should get this car.

Feel free to pm me on here. I can also be reached at Snake2715 at hotmail.com to start. I have been on these boards for years. I went to the Ohio meet back in 01-03 sometime and met Dean, Phil, Joseph, Mark (Lil Devil) and a few others, but haven't been overly active.

I don't know what a fair price is. I have a number in my head and a minimum in mind, but really will depend on the forum to give me a value. its a rare find and not been abused. I do not believe anyone coming to look with the above in mind will be disappointing at all.

Now for the pictures.

Thanks for looking. Off to work!

PM here
    Email Snake2715 at Hotmail.com
    Call or text 517-980-038 five

Asking 3500

**POST 9 & 10 BELOW have updated pictures 10/11/15**

If you need additional pictures let me know.

SOLD Deposit taken
    Pending pickup 11/2
    Last edited by Snake2715; 10-15-2015 at 09:00 PM.
    - Josh
    85 Black 81k (awaiting transplant)
    84 Blue 2 Tone 101k (awaiting 7mgte)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

you in the Grand Rapids area?
    Dave Harrison

current lineup and year acquired:

'85 white Mark2 7mgte 5sp 1990
    '85 white Mark2 7mgte Auto 2009
    '84 maroon Mark2 6mge 5sp 2013
    '85 black Mark2 2jzge 5sp 2015
    '86 SDR Mark2 7mgte 5sp 2016

Hidden Content Originally Posted by cheappower82 Hidden Content
    Guess you have the magic touch; touch mine please?!

Sorry should have thought of that. North of Lansing right off the expressway. So about 1 hour away From Grand Rapids.

Also the glove box is out due to pulling the engine. Its all there. I ran a cord through to pull the wires back easier.
    Last edited by Snake2715; 10-09-2015 at 10:33 AM.
    - Josh

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

That interior looks awesome. Good luck on the sale, i'm sure someone will take it off your hands since it is in awesome shape. I'm actually getting fairly close to ditching a bunch of toys and hitting reality too...

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Honestly, a 5m isn't worth that much these days. I'd say worth at least 3k as is, maybe 4. Someone with a good 5m, a w58 perhaps, and a few weekends can make this into a 7k+ car easy. Don't give it away! I'd be interested if I didn't already have 4 project cars myself and am in the same situation lol.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

CelicaSupra.com Member discoelk's Avatar
    Agreed. You could easily double the value of this thing with a running 5m.
    David H
    85 P, LS6/R154/3.58/TrueTrac etc

Just wow, man...

If these cars ever rise in value this is one of the ones to have. Can't rebuild originality.
    86' SDR/blue 6MGE, 2.5" exh., cone filter, Eibach's, etc.

Thanks guys for the compliments and motivation on this. Its not perfect but I'd say its in good condition for sure. I did manage to get it out and wash it today. So for the first time in ~13+ years its rolling. All wheels rolled no problems. Bad thing is the headlight whiskers(?) did break when I hit them with the power washer. I didn't realize until after, and took pictures.

The good is the bottoms of the doors and hatch have no rust in the seams. The hood is not on in the pictures because I have had it off since I pulled the motor and I didn't have help to line it up today. Its dent free and looks like the car in good condition but slightly dusty. The car could use a better wash than I had time for and probably a clay bar. The front bumper has a bit more flaking than I recalled but you can see it in the pictures.

There would be a few weekends of getting her back in order, but someone with more time than me could do it I am sure.
    Couple of pics:

I dont have the spare but I do have the wood cover thing its not in this pciture.

Last edited by Snake2715; 10-11-2015 at 08:06 PM.
    - Josh

The carpet could be vacuumed, the windows could be washed in and outside, the paint could be waxed (its been a long long time) and the car could be cleaned better. I didnt have time for that today, and will leave it to the next owner. There are a few tiny and I mean tiny little dings on the back quarter forward of the gas filler door I did try to get them in the pictures but it was hard and they are small. They are right above the jack stands in the reflection:

There is some wax (white residue) left on various shots here most seem to come right off.

I took around 50 shots the album is here:
    http://s1002.photobucket.com/user/Sn...?sort=3&page=1

I would love to have the space in the garage before winter so lets make a deal.
    - Josh

Thread Information