Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member Jazzyfizzle's Avatar
    Payment sent.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
    Butterflies in my stomach just thinking about not making this one.
    Yah me too - but at least mine in garaged all the time so leaking is not a issue.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorRacing View Post
    I'm VERY confident we'll get the numbers we need.
    That does help me feel better.

I just keep telling myself if it does fall short on numbers, it just means Im closer to getting the rest of the BBBK
    --
    tstefan
    Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorRacing View Post
    Seamus, I have a local friend who bought a MK3 Advan Hood and had it painted and it required "some prep" work. Now that's a hood which has a LOT more surface area and is also easily scrutinized by anyone taller than 3ft tall. I'm not suggesting this can't be done, but at the same time I can't in good faith say that the prep work to paint CF is the same as FG. I've seen first hand that it isn't...it's doable but required a little extra work to make it perfect. Obviously for someone with your skills and experience this is nothing, but some of us might be using body shops that may or may not have folks experienced in work with this material...hence the disclaimer.
    Ah OK. Yes, with a hood you have a very large surface area. Just applying a coat of primer and then wet sanding it to a perfect finish would take a few man hours to do properly. And if there were any small low spots you would want to fix them, all money when paying a shop. But I stand by my claim, having one of these brand new CF sunroofs shouldn't cost anymore then having an original sunroof repainted at a shop.

I will keep an eye on this thread and jump in if need be.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

I want one but I'm concerned about the seal. It looks like the seal on my current panel is in good shape. Does anyone know if it is difficult to remove the seal?
    85 P type 2j NA-T - Garage Queen
    04 IS300 - Daily Beater

The seal is easy to remove. 3 or 4 screws along the back and 4 along the side. Note the rear part of the seal has a metal part in it that rust pretty commonly.

Dumb question on the sunroof, but being a different material and likely thicker material are you going to be able to reuse the original screws? There isn't a lot of clearance from the screw tip to the top cover. I made the mistake a long time ago ruining the sunroof on my original supra using the wrong screws in the front corners. Ironically I still have that sun roof almost 20 years later for some weird reason. I can image a lot of pissed off people putting the screws in an busting a hole in the top

Depth wise I'm sure the original screws would be fine (I assume you are talking about the screws that hold the seal on). The inner liner and skin may be thicker then steel but that would only increase the clearances. Yeah, don't use longer screws, thats for sure lol.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car

CelicaSupra.com Member
    10 days and 10 units to be sold
    In two week someone will be on here saying " Is this still available?" I just know it.
    --
    tstefan
    Hidden Content

Come on peeps! Like I said, I will jump in on this if it will make a difference, just to see these get made and be available in the future.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car

I wish I had time to go through the "gauging interest post" and ask all those who voted yes why they are now nowhere to be seen. Honestly my biggest pet peeve in life, people who constantly vote that they are interested and NEVER participate in the group buy. I actually have to buy 30, so I'm really sticking to the 22 limit as if we can't get 22 in a group buy then me stocking 10+ makes no sense whatsoever.

Well, you would sell all of them though. There is a lot more demand for these then something like the hatch or spoiler seals, but sucks to have to put that much money out up front.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car

Thread Information