1985 Celica Chump/WRL build - Page 50

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950
    CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by revvhappy View Post
    The engine sounds great when Bill isn't stabbing at the throttle like a caveman

It must be nice to have the ability to shoot by other cars with the throttle! The Celica is going to be a rocket on fast tracks.

Thanks again for letting me "rent" the two wheels/tires - we wouldn't have done as well without them, especially in the rain.
    LOL. It was no problem Peter.

The car didn't have the torque on Sunday, I am thinking what I had to do to the exhaust to try and quiet her down, was restricted too much air flow. New exhaust is coming in and we will see. I'm also putting a hydramat into the fuel cell, and shielding the intake just in case it was getting heat soaked. I am aiming for top threes at AMP and VIR.
    1985 Celica GTS Endurance Race Car
    Chump/WRL
    Raleigh, NC

my other car is an AH-64D

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member revvhappy's Avatar
    You can be top 3 at AMP... Behind the Hong Norrth MX3 and Supra

It's not a track that favors speed, but your Celica looks to be handling pretty well also. If you haven't driven the track yet it will be a steep learning curve. Take advantage of a test day there if it's offered, there are many places that can really bite you in a hard way.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    You can be top 3 at AMP... Behind the Hong Norrth MX3 and Supra

It's not a track that favors speed, but your Celica looks to be handling pretty well also. If you haven't driven the track yet it will be a steep learning curve. Take advantage of a test day there if it's offered, there are many places that can really bite you in a hard way.
    lol. Your just taking the mx3 to AMP, correct?
    Chump/WRL
    Raleigh, NC

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

I believe that our plan is to have a " Battle of Hong Norrth" at AMP between TronsAm and Grumpy Butt. We're each going to take one of the drivers that was in my car this weekend (I get Mike and he gets Nabil - both are fast) and run 2-driver line-ups. Driving at AMP is a workout because there's not one place on the track where you can take time for a breath. After a 2-hour stint you feel like you wrestled a bear.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    I believe that our plan is to have a " Battle of Hong Norrth" at AMP between TronsAm and Grumpy Butt. We're each going to take one of the drivers that was in my car this weekend (I get Mike and he gets Nabil - both are fast) and run 2-driver line-ups. Driving at AMP is a workout because there's not one place on the track where you can take time for a breath. After a 2-hour stint you feel like you wrestled a bear.
    Awesome. That would be great to witness. If you need any parts from my guy, let me know and I'll bring them down. Can't wait to see how my car will stand with yours after a couple tweaks.
    Chump/WRL
    Raleigh, NC

I'm looking forward to a rematch with the Celica. Once I get the Supra engine management sorted out and you get the Celica teething issues fixed it might be a very close race. At that point it will come down to drivers

CelicaSupra.com Member
    I'm looking forward to a rematch with the Celica. Once I get the Supra engine management sorted out and you get the Celica teething issues fixed it might be a very close race. At that point it will come down to drivers
    At your home track??? Looks like I need cheaty parts! Lol. No it should be good. Just a weekend with good friends is awesome.
    Chump/WRL
    Raleigh, NC

Thread Information