Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Wanted!! DEAD SUPRA GOOD SHELL.

2K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  '82supra 
#1 ·
I want to buy a deal supra with extremely clean interior and nice body. I will pay for a engine swap. Hopefully the tranny on shell works if not I buy a new tranny. Preferably manual. I live in MA. Will take offers from surrounding states. Thanks! Dan

#2 ·
That is a good one. Sorry,Dan.

They are getting more difficult to find.
You need a "barn find". Most are really rusty. Consider a Cressida.A wagon is practical and they have 4 doors. Less desirable,unfortunately.Heavier and seldom(never?) with a standard transmission.

They ARE out there.

#3 ·
Thanks for the input and I mean it. So far I've had nothing but help on this website except this one asshole who told me my car belongs in a graveyard(you figure someone on this website would rather help you restore not just tell you to throw your supra away, especially if they love supras :p) I am just waiting to find someone who has a nice one but just blew their engine and gave up on their car. I'm sure it's out there.

But anyway I need to get my mk2 cleaned up I refuse to quit on her. Plus it might mean I would have to go back down the path of the mk3. Oh god I feel the need for a new head gasket already please not another non turbo 7m. Haha anyway again thanks for the input. But if I have my body in decent shape before I find one I will not even need it anymore. This is to save me from buying tools and spending all the time working, but you know what it's half the reason I bought the car in the first place. Ide rather buy a beater for a grand and dump 2 more in to it getting it the way I want it rather than buying a 3 or 4 thousand dollar supra and never touching it and it deteriorates. But anyway thanks again ! Dan

#5 ·
Hey bill. Right now I have an 82 with a great 5mge.
I am looking for any year with a body and interior in very good condition. Preferably a working tranny. But a blown engine. So I can swap my engine in. I figure I'll save money buying one with a blown engine and just having mine swapped in.

#7 ·
Would you be interested in buying a '82L-auto with ~115,000 miles (and a digi-dash)?

Interior is OK but faded along with the paint, but body/doors/hatch are straight and no rust.

The drivetain is in perfect shape, and paired to a period-correct Pacesetter Monza exhaust.
The suspension is all new KYB shocks/struts and strut tops with modest lowering springs.
Factory air has been converted to R134 and is ice-cold and all accessories work perfectly.

It does not have the p-type wheels on it (didn't like the tires) and is now back on L-types.

Rather than all this swap-a-roo, just buy mine and have a known good-condition car for far less. You can sell your motor to recoup costs and just turn the key and feel free to drive anywhere without concern while you have fun restoring the cosmetic aspects.

Cheers,
BillyM

#17 ·
Billy asked a fair price but just simply more than I want to spend at once. I'm 19 and in college I don't have money to drop on a 2nd supra that's running and driving. A dead one works for me because Lile I said I know friendly mechanics. Ide take a live one for the right price. But actually so far I am not doing too bad with removing all the rust and I found a post on ebay for brand new manufactured carpet for the supra mk2 so I might just go that route. I'm sure it would be way to expensive to tow across the country. Again I love bills car but unless I could magically sell this one to someone up front be for e I bought it then it can't happen. I figure a dead one would be cheap.

Thanks guys

#18 ·
82 supra. Nothing like that. Again very nice but I'm not looking to buy a new supra for that kind of money I just don't have it. It would be easier for me to build this one considering I could probably do alot to the body myself and probably have all my body work done for a grand since I can do a lot of it. I had my brake lines looked at and they are okay and my suspension feels fine. The undercarriage is not too bad. And after removing my interior only one small spot or maybe medium size had actually rotted through. I think since the engine is in great shape and I onky need tranny work besides the body I should restore this one. Economically best option am I wrong ?

#19 ·
Kudos for fixing your MkII to be roadworthy the old school way...OEM parts can still be found relatively cheap. Often the first thing guys think about are the go-fast goodies, easier said than done, but preferable to invest in a rust-free shell esp. for higher hp goals with supporting mods. If you can bring it back to its former glory, you might feel satisfied for a job well done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.