Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

new from Alberta Canada

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Black_fin 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. I just bought my first mk2 a week ago. Its bone stock , but not for long. Look forward to all the info on this site.

#2 ·
Hey, welcome to the forums, where in alberta are you? I help run the Edmonton Supra club, the name is a little deceptive though, we've got members from Fort mac. to lethbridge, not just Edmonton.. come check out the site sometime, its www.supraclub.ca

what year is your mkII?

#3 ·
Welcome, hope you get as much use from this forum as i have, i learned a ton of info on here over the last few years. I've even meet a few people that i now talk to all the time, and hang out with all the time.

<also from Edmonton as well, one of the local parts/labour horses, lol.

#4 ·
Hey guys. I'm from Calgary. My mk2 is an 83. Is there a supra club in Calgary that you know of?

#5 ·
i have heard of it, but it seems to either be long gone, or little more than a message group that has private meets, no site or members that i know of, and i have asked around quite a bit.

We do have 3-4 members in calgary though i think, and a couple of us go down there a few times a year on average.

#6 ·
Yup, Calgary member right here. Welcome!

I've never heard of a Calgary supra club tho, i searched for it all over the Calgary based website Beyond.ca and found nothing. I tried to register on the website's forum so i could ask about one but the website won't allow me to join with a hotmail account. That's why I joined the Edmonton Supra Club. And I'm happy I did.

Cheers

-Andrew

#7 ·
So are there any supra meets here or BC? Also whats the car show and car scene like here? As I just moved here in Oct and drove a jeep til a couple weeks ago, I haven't been in the scene.

#8 ·
The Edmonton supra club has regular meets every month, dyno days and picnic/bbq's in the warmer months. There is also Suprafest in Kelowna and Reg Reimer of SONIC has organized toyota fun runs in the city before.

There's usually a car show somewhere in Alberta every spring/summer weekend, so I guess the scene is pretty strong, I've seen multiple mk2's running around the city on the same day in the warmer months as well.

If you're looking for used parts, the Calgary pick n pull will have mk2 supras and mk3 celicas sometimes. I think there's three in there right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.