Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

winter autoX

3K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  50wt 
#1 ·
our club here is doing a few winter autoX's, this past sat was our second one. It was a really nice day so I took the supra down to test out the new shocks/coilovers, and camber plates. I must say they made a big improvment! Even though I was rusty and the tires were too cold I managed to pull off one good run. I beat alot of guys that I have never beat before so I was really happy :woot: Can't wait to get the RCA's and gts steering arms, and with a little more practice I should be a real force in our summer events!

http://victoriamotorsports.ca/Content/winter2_fin.htm

#3 ·
Seamus, we have one more winter autoX on march 5th if you wanted to come over. They have been super cool courses and lots of cars out. If you don't want to pony up the bucks for the ferry I can pick you up and you can dive my car.

#6 ·
I'm on advan AO32R's the car with the fastest time of the day was on street tires tho. It was just a few deg over freezing so the R tires took some time to warm up . I was really close to the top if you take out the 3 (SAE cart) drivers and Bill who drove 2 cars so he got twice the runs as every one else. So ya I'm really happy with that. I don't even have the car set up right now, ride height is out of wack, it pulls to the right, camber is wonky in the rear diff from one side to the other. So when I the RCA's and my stuff for the brake job from Robert at 935 I'll get it all done and set up for the summer!

#7 ·
hey can anyone just show up for autox, or do i have to register first? what i mean is, can i just pay at the door and compete once, or do i have to pay for the full year?

and ill help you on a weekend get your car fixed right, if you come over and help me finish my 5spd this weekend, so i have wheels to go over another weekend :)

Greg

#8 ·
Most clubs have an annual membership fee, around 40 bucks. But if your just visiting they'll just charge you a little more for the event fee if you don't want to pay the membership. If your going to attend more then one event at that club during the year though, its worth paying the membership fee. At least with the club I run with. Single events are 25 bucks, annual fee is 40 but that includes one free event, and one event with no annual fee is 35.

#12 ·
ok the results for that final winter autoX are in. I had the car set a little lower this time it flet really planted but the the slow heavy steering is hurting me on a few really tight sections. I can't wait to get my gts steering arms and RCA's maybe that will give my the 2 tenths I need to move up 2 or 3 spots. A few of the fast guys are just edging me out by a hair, by the time we start the points events I hope to be just that much faster. Here is a cool pic you can see how low the car is set up now.

and the results
http://victoriamotorsports.ca/Content/winter3_fin.htm

#13 ·
ok the results for that final winter autoX are in. I had the car set a little lower this time it flet really planted but the the slow heavy steering is hurting me on a few really tight sections. I can't wait to get my gts steering arms and RCA's maybe that will give my the 2 tenths I need to move up 2 or 3 spots. A few of the fast guys are just edging me out by a hair, by the time we start the points events I hope to be just that much faster. Here is a cool pic you can see how low the car is set up now.
http://www.zensport.ca/galleries/AutoX3/index.htm

and the results
http://victoriamotorsports.ca/Content/winter3_fin.htm

#18 ·
yes that is one dam fast honda tho! Chris is the part owner of the only speed shop on the island with a dyno. That civic make 200 whp and has a perfectly smooth power band. Bugs me that I can't beat him. All tho I think this time I was closer then ever like what just over a 10th of a second. I'll get him next time because your right Greg it's unacceptable to let a honda beat a supra!

#19 ·
info from joe

just joined the outfit and looks okay. Hey joe I just got an 82 supra and wil run G stock this summer with it. Is your group SCCA. I have found all the parts I want to modify the car for the following season except camshafts. What do you run. Just for the heck of it what spring rates do you use. My name is Rick Cummings and I am the Asst Regional Excutive of Montana region 105. Looksl like a nice facility that you were running at and by the way when you can run within 10 or 12 seconds of the carts you doing pretty well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.