Problems with fuses [Archive] - Toyota CelicaSupra Forums

: Problems with fuses

mastermixer89
03-10-2006, 05:12 PM
im not sure really but sometimes when i go to start it' it wont start then i wiggle like the 3rd fuse in from the right and it cranks over i have an mk1

TOYMAN321
03-10-2006, 08:32 PM
ok.....

so your fuse is loose and not making good contact... you should fix that

CJSREDPRA
03-13-2006, 02:53 AM
im not sure really but sometimes when i go to start it' it wont start then i wiggle like the 3rd fuse in from the right

Well, this is really descriptive....

Still don't know which one you're talking about....

This is the inside cover diagram for the inside fuse panel for my 81. It's the same through all 3 years...

Left column, Center column, Right column

Dome, Guages, Radio
Tail, Turn, Cig Lighter
PWR, Engine, Defog..

So which one are you wiggling around???

Is the fuse itself loose??? If so, pinch the 2 clamps on the end together, so that it's making better contact.

mastermixer89
03-16-2006, 11:18 AM
im wiggling the power and the contacts are great i think its the fuse box itself!! do you know how much one runs for

AOArriolaSanchez
03-16-2006, 02:44 PM
try to go to the junk yards see if you can find one there, it will be cheaper than trying to buy a new one, i also think it will be hard to find a new one? i think.

CJSREDPRA
03-16-2006, 04:49 PM
No answer for either.

#1. Pick up the PHONE & call your nearest Toyota Dealer (I have never priced one out before). Most likely they can give you a price for one. Availability is another story, you need to ask them if any are left. If it's a CLASS F item, then you're SOL.

#2. Check the junkyards & see if any MKI's are around. Don't know if the Celica fuesbox will work or not.