Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

A froggie with 3 MKII :))

4K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  thedjfou 
#1 ·
Hi I'm from France (near Paris) and I own 2 of our babies :

I've just sold the left one to my best friend. His wife has just crashed his MKII !

All three of 1983. From 1982 to 1985 Toyota France have sold 300 MKII !

And that's my track one :

I am also the WM of www.celicasupra.fr.st ...

-----------------
BTW, pls don't fire me cause I'm french (it is not my fault :lol: ). I can be french and don't fully agree with Chirac... ;)

See less See more
#2 ·
WOW nice cars
welcome to the forums. well i dont think youll have problems just because your French, we have people here from all over the world.

I guess Malloy has some competition :lol:

Later

#7 ·
Frank_MA61 said:
Welcome. :D

Those are some very nice actions shots of your supra. Is the silver car on the right yours aswell?
I've just sold it (250$) to my best friend in replacement of a crashed one (plenty of spare parts :) ) This friend has a blue 1985 with 360000 km on the tach'...

#8 ·
quick said:
Good shit. What do you do to avoid brake fade on the track?
I do have fade :(

I use Mintex M1166 / EBC Green or old stock pads (with asbestos) in the front, stock discs, Dot 5 changed after each track day, and armoured hoses (tube that gets to callipers). In France, you don't have any hi-perf spare part, so I must order un UK or Germany. When I see Willwood kit pics ... :shock:

Next hint is to avoid braking hard several times ... you MUST alternate hard and gentle braking...Also let the discs cool slowly after 5 or 6 runs. If you insist, you may warp your disks.

Worst is on Montlhéry track : 200 km/h (124 MPH) on the tacho...and a chicane à 30 MPH...poor brakes :lol:

I hope you understand me, my technical english is quite poor...

#9 ·
jdk_ii said:
Bonjour Jean-Marc!

Funny, I did see ONE MK2 while I was in France in 2001.
Somewhere near Grenoble.
You're lucky :lol:

I can spend 1 year without seeing any mark2...except the ones I know.

300 sales in France (30 000 000 cars in France), I know 25 of them..150 must be in the scrapeyards and the rest ???...

#17 ·
#21 ·
Sweet racing setup you have there. Just the bare necessities. It looks so clean and simple. 8) Very cool. Nice Engine Bay too! :good:

-Keith

#22 ·
Everything is pretty gutted out. Still havent gotten to the AC, Waiting for it to get a little colder around here, so i have a reason to take it out.

Anyways, Once that comes out, This winter im building fenders, and bumper combo, all made of lightweight fiberglass, and molded together, it will go on with dzus fasteners, and then im going to do a carbon fiber hood with cowl induction.

Fiberglass hatch with lexan windows in the rear, Carbon fiber door panels with steel bar reinforcements, and lexan windows.

Im keeping the winshield glass, because i dont know if i can get the lexan to conform to the shape of the old winshield.

Im going to do alot of fiberglass pieces inside the car that will replace the heavy steel pieces. Anything that i can make out of glass will be.

#23 ·
id like to see more pics of that roll bar and where it mounts, etc...
william

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.